Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

OMG they're a disgrace. Did the FG TD say since the election he had forgotten the electorate? Well we all knew it, now they've confirmed it. They are rotten to the core

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Ah Niamh Lyons let Matthews off the hook just there.
    What's his opinion on the logistical logarithmic logorrhoea?
    Fcuk sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

What an awful programme last night , it dealt with the revelations on RTE Radio on Sunday regarding Dodgy Reilly and his latest tom foolery.I heard it all ready and I do not stay up to watch a rehash of an RTE programme on TV3,have they no imagination. It was great advert for RTE News . You could have knocked me on the floor when Sam admitted he had not listened to the programme and here he was presenting a TV Programme on it. Wakey Wakey TV3 . I listen for something different I expect you to lead not follow. If you must follow do you have to be so upfront about it at least let me think I am hearing it for the first time. Lazymans TV at its finest which could have been put together by a bunch of college students with no experience. I went to bed early I hope Sam is better prepared tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

i wonder how much the ratings drop when vinny isn't around - he is the main reason people tune in after all, without him the show is just another cheap and cheerless current affairs show

are any of the guest presenters any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

Are any of the presenters allowed to be any good. When you have a top flier like Vinny you do not allow a pretender to show him up. Having said that I would like to see Mick Clifford let out of the traps he would keep them all on their toes !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Vincent is back and tonight's topic is cronyism within Irish politics and Minister James Reilly's decision to upgrade hospitals in Brendan Howlin and Phil Hogan's constituencies.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2013/0129/1224329400308.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Vincent is back and tonight's topic is cronyism within Irish politics and Minister James Reilly's decision to upgrade hospitals in Brendan Howlin and Phil Hogan's constituencies.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2013/0129/1224329400308.html

I hate the way they all treat this stuff as a joke. It's like a Punch and Judy show in the Dail most of the time. Reilly should be out in his ear but instead he's grinning like a Cheshire Cat. So much for openness and transparency.

Kenny is despicably useless.

Edit: Notwithstanding Vinny's grudge, i'd love to see him get to savage Kenny at some stage.

How on earth is Reilly still there (Kenny obviously which makes the whole thing stink more).
    He'd be gone months ago if it was the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How on earth is Reilly still there (Kenny obviously which makes the whole think stink more).
    He'd be gone months ago if it was the UK.

As would Hogan after the pics from Doha were published.

• Advertisement

Good man Ming. Give them plenty of grief.

Look at all the empty seats :eek:

You'd be forgiven for thinking you had switched on Oireachtas Report instead of Vinny B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Ming fairly keeps a good lot of analogies stocked up. It's like "Living in a house with someone who keeps jumping out from behind doors and shouting 'boo!'". I wrote that one down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

You'd be forgiven for thinking you had switch on Oireactas Report instead of Vinny B.

I was too busy looking at the stain on the carpet beside the clerks? desk. It looks like someone pee'd there but I'm sure it's just the pile on the carpet:pac:

Is that Olivia Mitchell in the Ceann Comhairle Chair.

Ming fairly keeps a good lot of analogies stocked up. It's like "Living in a house with someone who keeps jumping out from behind doors and shouting 'boo!'". I wrote that one down.
    Smoking weed hasn't done his brain any harm, he speaks far more sense than our Minister for Health anyway ;)

Another Ming analogy :D

Smoking weed hasn't done him any harm, he speaks far more sense than our Minister for Health anyway ;)

...and he doesn't have to read from a script.

You'd be forgiven for thinking you had switched on Oireachtas Report instead of Vinny B.

Ah MrsD, don't you know they're all in their offices doing lots of meaningful work and watching the Dail proceedings on their CCTV's the Dail bar or else they're gone home for the day.

Vinny's suit is yucky this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm not a huge fan of Mattie, but I really don't like the dismissive way the Taoiseach spoke to him. Forget about dress codes in the Dáil - they need to address that sort of disrespectful, childish sneering. I saw a book in Eason's recently - Enda Kenny: The Unlikely Taoiseach. They should have called it "The Inexplicable Taoiseach" or "The Unfathomable Taoiseach". He's a disgrace.

Clare Daly will never live it down if she is found to have been drinking while over the limit. She made a massive fuss only a few weeks ago about road safety and high profile people trying to get their penalty points removed etc :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Ahh! His god child :)

The resemblence is uncanny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Go on Vinnie.

Give the Godchild a grilling !

Nice to see people getting jobs in journalism off their own bat.

RayM wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of Mattie, but I really don't like the dismissive way the Taoiseach spoke to him. Forget about dress codes in the Dáil - they need to address that sort of disrespectful, childish sneering. I saw a book in Eason's recently - Enda Kenny: The Unlikely Taoiseach. They should have called it "The Inexplicable Taoiseach" or "The Unfathomable Taoiseach". He's a disgrace.

He's got the evasive whataboutery thing down pat at this stage.

RayM wrote: »
    Enda has picked up some of Bertie's worst traits, when Bertie couldn't answer a question he'd get all snide and sneery too.

We all remember his 'suicide' comment when he was asked to comment on Morgan O'Kelly's concerns about the Irish economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Jesus, Reilly was all here's my speech go fcuk yourself san diego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Whats with this dude wearing a tablecloth?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement