Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Some of the present shower like James Reilly getting tax exemptions on his "tourist" mansion too.
    The show goes on it seems.
    To be fair, anyone with a listed building (who opens it to the public) can avail of that tax relief. I've seen his 'mansion', it needs a serious about work, I thought it was run down looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Honestly now Mrs007 did you buy Mammy's book?
    I suspect you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Nice to see that Feargal Quinn, the man who wanted to monitor the Google searches of social welfare recipients, is among those who recently received a tax free perk of €23,000 on top of his €65,000 Seanad salary........

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/senators-in-storm-over-23000-leader-perk-2988053.html

http://www.politics.ie/news/senator-quinn-suggests-counter-terrorist-software-should-used-monitor-social-welfare-recipients-use-social-media-290.html

Nice to see that Feargal Quinn, the man who wanted to monitor the Google searches of social welfare recipients, is among those who recently received a tax free perk of €23,000 on top of his €65,000 Seanad salary........

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/senators-in-storm-over-23000-leader-perk-2988053.html

http://www.politics.ie/news/senator-quinn-suggests-counter-terrorist-software-should-used-monitor-social-welfare-recipients-use-social-media-290.html

Hypocrite in the extreme.

Honestly now Mrs007 did you buy Mammy's book?
    I suspect you did.
    No way! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tayto, you're not my friend anymore :(

Actually, my mother got a present of it at Christmas, she offered it to me but it's not my cuppa tea. I hear that Mammy O'Rourke's sex scenes are as bad the ones in 50 Shades ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Amazing the way that the Government can cut the carers' respite grant at the stroke of a pen but can do nothing to reduce the pensions of these pigs who had their snouts in the trough for so many years :mad:

If it's a constitutional thing regarding pensions being looked as property rights, then give us a referendum.

Yup they did a referendum to allow judicial pay to be cut, but funny none on cutting public service pensions including politicians. Judges pay save a few million a year, funny fact all court service salary including judges 50 million a year, income to the courts from stamp duty etc. 50 million. Wish politicians covered their pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I hear that Mammy O'Rourke's sex scenes are as bad the ones in 50 Shades ;)

God almighty will you warn people if you are going to say things like that, putting the words sex scene in the same sentance as that woman. I've just had to wash my eyes out with bleach! :eek:

Oh Blaas For Rafa, I can tell you're a big "Mammy" fan so I'm posting this for you (and for Tayto, I reckon he is a closet supporter too :p)

Here she is speaking to John Murray after winning an award for 'Just Mary' at the Irish Book Awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭chinwag

I'm not much of a fan of the Indo but I find Fionnan Sheehan tends to wipe the floor with most people in a very enjoyable way on tv/radio debates like these.

Yes, he is no pushover, gets his point across and is well able for Vincent too.

Vincent and his panel will be discussing the Quinn's in the High Court and Ireland - 'the tax haven'. I reckon the Patrick O'Brien case will get a mention too.

I'm delighted that the b@stard is behind bars tonight and I hope he'll spend the rest of his days there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Vincent and his panel will be discussing the Quinn's in the High Court and Ireland - 'the tax haven'. I reckon the Patrick O'Brien case will get a mention too.

I'm delighted that the b@stard is behind bars tonight and I hope he'll spend the rest of his days there.

And fair play to the judge too ... takes a big man to admit when he's made a mistake & an example of a genuine & sincere apology too. Pity a few more wouldn't follow his example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Haha brilliant " You really havn't a clue whats going on"

Callan57 wrote: »
    And fair play to the judge too ... takes a big man to admit when he's made a mistake & an example of a genuine & sincere apology too. Pity a few more wouldn't follow his example.

I completely agree it takes a big person to apologise but he had no choice, it was Brendan Grehan SC, prosecuting who told the court that the judge was wrong to grant O'Brien leave to appeal because the law had changed in 2010 and the court no longer had that power.

Technically, Justice Carney issued a statement of regret not an apology.

“I have no hesitation in expressing my profound regret to Ms Doyle for the distress which has been caused to her in this case,".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Callan57 wrote: »

Huh? I think it's a f*** up of monstrous proportions and I think his position should be immediately reviewed

Ah lads isn't Paschal so funny.

Seriously, he is hilarious, "tens of thousands of jobs down the docks", how many do State Street employ asks VB "well, I don't know"

Brilliant. Fine Gael Gold :D

Marie Louise O'Donnell with her 23k and her salary and her love-in paid slot with Pat Kenny, hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Joe Higgins has a curious hypnotic effect on me. 5 minutes of listening to him and I find myself dozing off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Joe Higgins is incapable of answering a straight question with a straight answer

His days of spoofing are up

Was Paschal in a spot of bother recently, anyone hear?
    My mistake, it was Pascal Mooney.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Higgins has exposed himself to be nothing other than an old school bully of a talk down to anyone younger typical saddo failed school teacher

The dismissive way he attempted to talk down to that Paschal lad truly reveals Joes nasty side

• Advertisement

Joe is looking very casual tonight, where, oh where have all his suits gone???:confused:

I wonder is it a definite PR thing to make him look like a man of the people in these times of austerity.

Joehiggins.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL1of-NuE6pLnfjEh4Pa39rpwOI2ISROWUftMqu0GdHZJm2BEFqQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV0PgPlPESOyRYI-QJkYUjWb42yCW9EQHqaWl2FUZWhRJZ1Icc

02joe.jpg

my friend wrote: »
    Higgins has exposed himself to be nothing other than an old school bully of a talk down to anyone younger typical saddo failed school teacher

The dismissive way he attempted to talk down to that Paschal lad truly reveals Joes nasty side

Two chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

my friend wrote: »

Is there any other way to talk to Paschal O'Donoghue?
    MrsD007 wrote:
    Joe is looking very casual tonight, where, oh where have all his suits gone??? :confused:

I wonder is it a definite PR thing to make him look like a man of the people in these times of austerity.

I think he still wears suits in the Dáil. He always goes for the woolly cardigan, man-of-the-people look elsewhere.

I'm sick and tired of the fecking Quinns. I find it very hard to believe that Aoife Quinn signed a load of documents that she didn't understand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'm sick and tired of the fecking Quinns. I find it very hard to believe that Aoife Quinn signed a load of documents that she didn't understand :rolleyes:
    But the poor ould Quinns are only barely able to read and write!

( get my pack of cards)

Sums, now that's a different matter......

I might have done the same with my marriage cert :D

RayM wrote: »

I think he [Joe Higgins] still wears suits in the Dáil. He always goes for the woolly cardigan, man-of-the-people look elsewhere.
    He has been dressing down of late when he appears on this show but it wasn't always the case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Heard that woman on the radio today.
    Remarkable woman.
    Good to see her trying to get on with her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

She also said that she opened 4 bank accounts in Dubai last year but didn't have the account numbers or any of the documentation for them. She's as dodgy as the rest of the quinns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Enough already about Fiona Doyle, now she is going to meet Enda, FFS give me a break, get on and run the country Enda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement