Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update tipped for August 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

There's a big thread over in the Talk To 3 forum about it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056850471

Nationwide 3G outage on the 3 network.

Not nationwide. Still working down the country :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

threein99 wrote: »
    Is it true meteor won't be releasing this?

No they will be. They haven't released an official date, but they said before the end of the month at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

updating on 3 now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just got it now. So far k like the new pic layouts.
    Feeks a little slower but may just need aouther restart.

App stacking is good, need more apps compatable with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

god's toy wrote: »
    Just got it now. So far k like the new pic layouts.
    Feeks a little slower but may just need aouther restart.

App stacking is good, need more apps compatable with that.
    Is that on meteor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Is that on meteor?
    sorry, ment to put 'with Three' in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you have an unlocked phone how do you get these updates?

If you have an unlocked phone how do you get these updates?
    Samsung kies?

Samsung kies?

You go into settings about updates

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Was just prompted to upgrade to 4.1.2 with Meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Was just prompted to upgrade to 4.1.2 with Meteor.

Yep same here.

Nice one, will update later. Does it take long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Lads, quick question. Is the update out in the last few days supposed to fix the sudden death problem?

EDIT: Has anyone rooted the phone after the update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Nice one, will update later. Does it take long?

Couple of minutes is all. If even.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

right so have an issue

was running AOKP and everything was ok, had few freezes early in the day today so thought better back up when i get home

got home charged phone but noticed it was stuck on splash screen.

sigh

so downloaded stock 4.1.2 and tries using ODIN 3.04 and getting the message "There is no PIT partition"

guessing this isn't great especially after a google on it.

What i'm assuming is that the 3 upgrade released around today could have messed with the custom rom although i could be wrong i'm just looking at the dates!

so anyone had an issue like this? downloading another version of stock now and will try again and then maybe an ICS version but just wondering if anyone else has any fixes or solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Got 4.1.2 with meteor. In regards to typing a text i noticed the bar with the ' ? ! @ symbols etc is gone from about the keyboard. Is there a way of adding an exclamation mark or an apostraphe more quickly to a message than having to go onto the symbols page?

Tardis wrote: »
    Got 4.1.2 with meteor. In regards to typing a text i noticed the bar with the ' ? ! @ symbols etc is gone from about the keyboard. Is there a way of adding an exclamation mark or an apostraphe more quickly to a message than having to go onto the symbols page?

To answer your question somewhat indirectly, have you ever tried SwiftKey? I couldn't go back to the original keyboard after using SwiftKey.

To answer it directly, holding the full-stop brings up a small sub-menu for me with all those characters.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    To answer your question somewhat indirectly, have you ever tried SwiftKey? I couldn't go back to the original keyboard after using SwiftKey.

To answer it directly, holding the full-stop brings up a small sub-menu for me with all those characters.

Holding the phone only works when the phone is on its side

Is swift key available from the play store?

Holding the phone only works when the phone is on its side

Is swift key available from the play store?

It works for me in portrait and landscape, strange.

SwiftKey is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

I have no problem using the stock keyboard. Just since the 4.1.2 update i'd like to be able to put ! and ' into texts quicker like before the update

• Advertisement

I have no problem using the stock keyboard. Just since the 4.1.2 update i'd like to be able to put ! and ' into texts quicker like before the update

If there is a trial version of SwiftKey I'd recommend you try it. I used the stock keyboard for a few months but couldn't go back to it now.

can you only have a qwerty keyboard on swiftkey?

can you only have a qwerty keyboard on swiftkey?

There are a lot of different language options, what style are you looking for?

I'm looking for 3x4 keyboard. Not like a computer keyboard but a numberic style

I'm looking for 3x4 keyboard. Not like a computer keyboard but a numberic style

Yeah you go into keyboard settings and there's 2 options for layout.
    • QWERTY
    • 3X4

3X4 is your normal keypad option, the point is that with Android you can get pretty much whatever you want from the store.

Anyone having trouble the odd time being told their text inbox is empty??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Any ideas if Rooting would disable vibration somehow, just ran the diagnostics on my phone, *#0*# thing..and nothing on the vibration test. It's been like that a while now...phones perfect aside from not vibrating for anything..only noticed it recently, and most recent adjustment to my phone was rooting it..suprisingly irritating having a phone that doesn't vibrate, just loud or silent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Yeah you go into keyboard settings and there's 2 options for layout.
    • QWERTY
    • 3X4

3X4 is your normal keypad option, the point is that with Android you can get pretty much whatever you want from the store.

I have swiftkey pro and I can't find that option for 3x4, which option is it in and is that available in the pro version.

Close to giving up on swiftkey :( I can't seem to find a 3x4 keyboard, nearly all of them are qwerty :(

Vahevala wrote: »

I have swiftkey pro and I can't find that option for 3x4, which option is it in and is that available in the pro version.

Close to giving up on swiftkey :( I can't seem to find a 3x4 keyboard, nearly all of them are qwerty :(

Havent used swuft key in ages so havent a clue. Its definetly there on stock samsung keyboard

• Advertisement

Try use the qwerty, it's way better.

Advertisement