Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Patsy fyre wrote: »

He's 7/2 FGS. All 8 of his goals this season have been the first for Southamton and has scored in 3 of the last 4 away games.
    Good price too but prefer the safer option!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Treble of Everton Cardiff MK
    Double of Sheff Utd Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Treble

Everton v Swansea
    Over 2.5 Goals 8/11

Bournemouth v Swindon
    Over 2.5 Goals 23/20

Linfield v Crusaders
    Over 2.5 Goals 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

skydish79 wrote: »
    PP special for new phone customers

3/1 United to beat Liverpool max €50 bet

http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/01/12/dial-a-bet/#comment-31798

i rang this and was told its for new customers only. ive never phoned pp in my life and i do already have an online account but they said its for new accounts. can someone let me know if this is correct or if the person was wrong and it is for new phone customers??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

12/5 mata anytime for me paddypower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Backing Newcastle @ 5/2
    Laying Everton @ 8/13
    Laying Chelsea @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

madma wrote: »
    i rang this and was told its for new customers only. ive never phoned pp in my life and i do already have an online account but they said its for new accounts. can someone let me know if this is correct or if the person was wrong and it is for new phone customers??

it says in bold its for new customers only

• Registered Users Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Took Ba at evens to score today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fowler87 wrote: »
    All over Lambert anytime @ 11/5 on PP. Serious price for a player starting to hit form against a woeful Villa defence

Nice call, scored a peno 33 minutes in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fowler87 wrote: »
    All over Lambert anytime @ 11/5 on PP. Serious price for a player starting to hit form against a woeful Villa defence
    **** yeah :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Took Ba at evens to score today

That is an absolutely horrible price, away to Stoke, whether he scores or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Would you not just lay Chelsea and get an even better price?

When the 5% commission is included, laying would be worse value.
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    What??? It's common knowledge that Liverpool have been way underpriced in loads of their games this year. 4/5 against Arsenal, 8/15 against Stoke, 8/15 against Newcastle etc. Ridiculous prices. They're a ridiculous price sunday also, and United are way too big to win. How do you explain that United were 4/6 and 8/11 against Arsenal and Spurs at home respectively, yet can be got at 19/20 against a inferior Liverpool side? And 1/3 against a Stoke side on Liverpool's level. Recent history is against you also. 10/3 is horrible value on Liverpool

If you read the article I linked you'll see that the points Liverpool have accumulated since about game 6 have been about what their pricing would suggest. They are no longer the great lay they were last season and the start of this season. I wasn't talking about laying them specifically in the game against United, where I am all over United at close to evens.

Austria! wrote: »
    When the 5% commission is included, laying would be worse value.

If you read the article I linked you'll see that the points Liverpool have accumulated since about game 6 have been about what their pricing would suggest. They are no longer the great lay they were last season and the start of this season. I wasn't talking about laying them specifically in the game against United, where I am all over United at close to evens.

You can get 2% commision on other exchanges. I haven't done the maths but I doubt it's better value.

Well I and a few others have layed Liverpool in every game this season. We are up a packet, and that's still the case if you take out the first 5 games. You're taking the article as gospel

Edit: Chelsea were 1.86 to lay at kick off. Even with commision it's better

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Lambert tip has left me up for the day, so on to tomorrow.

What's the thoughts on RVP score and United win at 13/8?

The Lambert tip has left me up for the day, so on to tomorrow.

What's the thoughts on RVP score and United win at 13/8?

It's 2/1 in PP shops atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Patsy fyre wrote: »

He's 7/2 FGS. All 8 of his goals this season have been the first for Southamton and has scored in 3 of the last 4 away games.
    He's some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Just found what looks a great bet on william hill

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/3904780/sp/More-than-1-Man-Utd-player-to-score-20-or-more-Premier-League-goals-2012+13.html

The bet is any manchester united player to score over 20 premier league goals in the remainder of the season i can see van perise scoring that many easily enough at odds of 11/10 im thknking of betting big on this also they have 2 or more to score 20+ at 14/1 might be worth a small stake cant remember how many rooney and hernandez have but 11/10 looks like buying money to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Avfctom wrote: »
    Just found what looks a great bet on william hill

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/3904780/sp/More-than-1-Man-Utd-player-to-score-20-or-more-Premier-League-goals-2012+13.html

The bet is any manchester united player to score over 20 premier league goals in the remainder of the season i can see van perise scoring that many easily enough at odds of 11/10 im thknking of betting big on this also they have 2 or more to score 20+ at 14/1 might be worth a small stake cant remember how many rooney and hernandez have but 11/10 looks like buying money to me
    Think i may of read it wrong i thought it said 1 or more but it is more than 1 so 2 players to score 20+ van persie is on 16 goals so all but in rooney on 7 hernandez on 8 so not such a great bet at 11/10 after all

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

Boylesports are doing a special in there shops for sundays big games.

Man Utd and Man city both to win @ 9/2 for the double.
    Max € 100 stake in shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions 13-01-2013

FC Sochaux v Olympique Marseille
    FC Sochaux: Banana, Kanté, Cros, Doubai, Prcic, Carlao, Boudebouz, Traoré
    Olympique Marseille: N’Diaye, Kadir, Kaboré

Lazio v Atalanta Bergamo
    Lazio: Ederson, Dias
    Atalanta Bergamo: Capelli, Bellini, Marilungo, Lucchini, Ferri

Sampdoria v AC Milan
    Sampdoria: Pozzi, Juan Antonio (both doubtful), Maxi Lopez, Maresca, Berardi
    AC Milan: Didac Vila, Mesbah, De Jong, Bonera, Yepes, Muntari, Antonini (doubtful), Pazzini

SC Olhanense v Sporting Lisboa
    SC Olhanense: Fernando Alexandre, Ivanildo, Maurício, Abdi, Yontcha, Babanco, David Silva, Djaniny
    Sporting Lisboa: Schaars, André Martins

Atlético Madrid v Real Zaragoza
    Atlético Madrid: -
    Real Zaragoza: Alvaro, Obradovic, Movilla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

stingerro wrote: »
    Love your work, but at the moment you should also include missings because of African Nations Cup. If you add Cheikh Tiote to list of missing players for Newcastle X2 bet isn't so obvious anymore.

you're right!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Utd v Liverpool

Quite fancy Skrtel to score anytime against a dodgy Utd defence,look at the 2 James Collins got last week.

11/1 anytime is a ggod price.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

tip74 wrote: »
    Injuries & suspensions 13-01-2013

FC Sochaux v Olympique Marseille
    FC Sochaux: Banana, Kanté, Cros, Doubai, Prcic, Carlao, Boudebouz, Traoré
    Olympique Marseille: N’Diaye, Kadir, Kaboré

Lazio v Atalanta Bergamo
    Lazio: Ederson, Dias
    Atalanta Bergamo: Capelli, Bellini, Marilungo, Lucchini, Ferri

Sampdoria v AC Milan
    Sampdoria: Pozzi, Juan Antonio (both doubtful), Maxi Lopez, Maresca, Berardi
    AC Milan: Didac Vila, Mesbah, De Jong, Bonera, Yepes, Muntari, Antonini (doubtful), Pazzini

SC Olhanense v Sporting Lisboa
    SC Olhanense: Fernando Alexandre, Ivanildo, Maurício, Abdi, Yontcha, Babanco, David Silva, Djaniny
    Sporting Lisboa: Schaars, André Martins

Atlético Madrid v Real Zaragoza
    Atlético Madrid: -
    Real Zaragoza: Alvaro, Obradovic, Movilla
    Not sure where you got the team info but according to Olhanense's website Abdi,Fernando and Yontcha are in todays squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

United at home above evens? Nuff said.

250 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

lamoss wrote: »
    Boylesports are doing a special in there shops for sundays big games.

Man Utd and Man city both to win @ 9/2 for the double.
    Max € 100 stake in shop.

That special not so good now.
    Man u 1/1
    Man city 9/5 ,
    both with boylesports works out @ 5.6 for the double .
    Having some of this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Napoli v Palermo
    Napoli -1 21/20
    Napoli to score in both halves 1/1
    Napoli coming of a nice 4-1 victory against Roma while Palermo have not won away in 14 matches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I cant believe United actually drifted before kick off:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Taking Cavani 1st scorer and Juventus to win @ just under 5/1

I cant believe United actually drifted before kick off:confused:

Was thinking the same. Must have been the usual Liverpool supporters backing their team

• Advertisement

Bingo......

United to win @ 10/11 - €110 stake (Big Stake)
    RVP 1st Scorer @ 7/2 (PaddyPower: Money Back if it's a draw) €50 (Medium-Big)

Chickened out because in the end I felt the stake was too big and so I only put half the stake on each :o

Can't really complain though I suppose :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement