Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Liverpool to finish 7th - 10th in the table 11/10, thoughts?
    Im thinking top 4 1. United
    2. City
    3. Chelsea
    then either 4. Spurs/Arsenal
    then 5. Spurs/Arsenal
    6. Everton/Swansea

Brilliant.

BetVictor. It's on BetVictor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

over 11 corners in the Athletico game at evens - Madrid love their corners :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Radonman wrote: »

Like it...just got on 13 or more at 13/8....1 corner at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Arsenal v Man City
    Javi Garcia to be shown a card 5/2 Betfred

boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

lamoss wrote: »
    That special not so good now.
    Man u 1/1
    Man city 9/5 ,
    both with boylesports works out @ 5.6 for the double .
    Having some of this :)

Boom ..............In nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

shrewdness wrote: »
    Wasn't the midweek game a 2nd leg cup game and they were pretty much already through? Wouldn't read much into that game if so, I'd say they should win tonight handy.

Not that they didn't try though. They just looked toothless up front without Falcao. That said, they're 1 up already tonight. Tiago.

Sampdoria v AC Milan
    Over 2.5 Goals 21/20
    AC Milan last 5 away league games gone over 2.5 goals

Malaga v Barcelona
    Over 3.5 Goals 5/4
    Last 4 meetings gone over 3.5 goals

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any player to score 2 or more Barca - Malaga @ 2.24

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Who do those bets, TB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Is that a special or? Can't find it anywhere :o

• Advertisement

Sorry should of said, marathon bet offer this, great market

Takes a bow:D:D

Can't get away from Barcelona (-1) @ 11/10, Barcelona have covered that in 4/5 last league games and well i'd fancy them to cover that against most teams

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Sochaux vs Marseille

Gignac 1st goalscorer @ 4.00
    Andre Ayew 1st goalscorer @ 6.00
    Valbuena 1st goalscorer @ 8.00

magherakid wrote: »
    Sampdoria v AC Milan
    Over 2.5 Goals 21/20
    AC Milan last 5 away league games gone over 2.5 goals

Malaga v Barcelona
    Over 3.5 Goals 5/4
    Last 4 meetings gone over 3.5 goals

Barca game overs in :D

AC Milan game cant believe it didnt come in both teams had there chances :mad:

Takes a bow:D:D

Can't get away from Barcelona (-1) @ 11/10, Barcelona have covered that in 4/5 last league games and well i'd fancy them to cover that against most teams

:) Great day for me today - ( probably my best ever) most than makes up for yesterday's debacle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Between your tip for the corners, someone's tip for Over 3.5 in the Barca game, my tip of RVP/United and then just lumping big on City -1 as I said in the live thread (so no aftertiming; all posted prior) when they went 1-0 up, I have also had my best ever day. Multipled my bank by 8 today.

Thanks to the people who tipped the two Spanish games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Liverpool to finish 7th - 10th in the table 11/10, thoughts?
    Im thinking top 4

1. United
    2. City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Spurs/Arsenal
    5. Spurs/Arsenal
    6. Everton/Swansea

More I think about this more I think its an unbeliveable bet. Ive only 20 on it at the moment but if any else is on it go easy until a few days, im withdrawing me savings to put a good chunk on this.:D Please god I can QUOTE this on the 19th of May.:) And I love having more reason for hoping Liverpool lose!

Sorry should of said, marathon bet offer this, great market

Great bet, unlucky. Does marathon do a decent sign up bonus and do they offer this bet on most games??
    And is anyone else afraid to take Barca on handicaps as you think there amazing run just has to end sooner later when you bet on them?:(

More I think about this more I think its an unbeliveable bet. Ive only 20 on it at the moment but if any else is on it go easy until a few days, im withdrawing me savings to put a good chunk on this.:D Please god I can QUOTE this on the 19th of May.:) And I love having more reason for hoping Liverpool lose!

Is that a genuine request?
    How much money would have to be staked on it before they shorten the odds?

Austria! wrote: »
    Is that a genuine request?
    How much money would have to be staked on it before they shorten the odds?

Ahh not really but I would like to get it at the 11/10 dont think Id take it under evens. They have Norwich next but then City and Arsenal away so I think its at the very best odds its gona be now.
    No idea how much it would take to lower the odds tbh but with no other bookie offering the bet and its already very generous odds it could shorten very quickly.

• Advertisement

Great bet, unlucky. Does marathon do a decent sign up bonus and do they offer this bet on most games??
    And is anyone else afraid to take Barca on handicaps as you think there amazing run just has to end sooner later when you bet on them?:(

Not sure about the sign up bonus, but they're consistently highest opening odds, and that market is offered on most of the big games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I wouldn't do a bet like this in a fit myself. Tying money up for over 4 months at 11/10 just wouldn't be worth it to me.

Aside from that Everton always fall away and swansea finishing 6th, doubt it - just can't see either of them finishing above liverpool.

7/4 for barca to score 2 second half goals looked far more promising a bet if I'm honest - better odds and instant return.

BTW it's not a 'liverpool thing' - I had utd backed heavily today!

edit: best of luck with the bet, but if you lose at least it will give you another reason to hate the pool;)

I have no problem tying up money for a whole season. You'd have to have a profit of 19% per month for the 4 months to make as much as FlawedGenius if he wins that bet. People tie up capital for years in bonds and investments. 4 months ain't nothing.
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Aside from that Everton always fall away

Ah now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Las, thoughts on Monaco tomorrow?

Swansea dont have to finish 6th. I can see Spurs 4th, Arsenal 5th, Everton 6th, but I wouldn't rule out Everton nicking 4th either. Everton usually get stronger as the season goes on and I think there a far better side than Liverpool. Arsenal are a better side aswell imo. I think Liverpool will be doing well to finish 7th to be honest, theyve had a good spell up to today but when the europa comes around that will go against them aswell.
    Ive never done a season bet before, mainly coz of what u said and Im impatient, but Il be sick if they finish 7th -10th after me pondering over it for so long, prefer the feeling of losing a bet I thought was a banker than the agony of not doing a bet I knew was a gem that wins but I bottled out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Las, thoughts on Monaco tomorrow?

Remember their last game vs Laval? It was the 2nd round of the season, Monaco had won their first game 4-0 and I think most people here had a bet on them that day, and the game finished 0-0...

They're too inconsistent, I'd only back them in play if you can get decent odds on them.

edit: If Laval lose, they'll be 19th in the table so I think they might play very defensively cuz they know they don't have much chance to win vs Monaco. They lost 1-0 away to Lens who are a very good team like Monaco, so I've gone for:
    0-0 @ 7.00
    Monaco 1-0 @ 5.25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Swansea dont have to finish 6th. I can see Spurs 4th, Arsenal 5th, Everton 6th, but I wouldn't rule out Everton nicking 4th either. Everton usually get stronger as the season goes on and I think there a far better side than Liverpool. Arsenal are a better side aswell imo. I think Liverpool will be doing well to finish 7th to be honest, theyve had a good spell up to today but when the europa comes around that will go against them aswell.
    Ive never done a season bet before, mainly coz of what u said and Im impatient, but Il be sick if they finish 7th -10th after me pondering over it for so long, prefer the feeling of losing a bet I thought was a banker than the agony of not doing a bet I knew was a gem that wins but I bottled out of it.

I would be more worried about Liverpool slipping out of the top 10 than finishing in the top 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

West Brom look tasty enough at 7/10 at home to QPR in the cup. QPR have a massive game at the weekend away to West Ham while WBA face Villa. I watched the West Brom-Reading game and how West Brom didn't win I'll never know. I just think Harry really has to prioritize the league at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads beware of the weather

Its really bad in England at the moment and its suppose to last until friday but who knows tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Remember their last game vs Laval? It was the 2nd round of the season, Monaco had won their first game 4-0 and I think most people here had a bet on them that day, and the game finished 0-0...

They're too inconsistent, I'd only back them in play if you can get decent odds on them.

edit: If Laval lose, they'll be 19th in the table so I think they might play very defensively cuz they know they don't have much chance to win vs Monaco. They lost 1-0 away to Lens who are a very good team like Monaco, so I've gone for:
    0-0 @ 7.00
    Monaco 1-0 @ 5.25

Monaco having some serious backing anyway, were 8/15, then 1/2, now 4/9 for the straight win earlier.the handicap of -1 was 17/10, then 13/10 now 5/4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement