Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

Weasel Bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭lightspeed

I cannot believe they killed him off. I really did not see that coming.

Nidge is such a snake. After Darren saving his life, it seemed strange how he was so easily willing to throw him under the bus like that.

Considering he knws Dano aint going to let things lie permanently, whats the point in throwing Darren under the bus.

could he not just have said that Darren skipped town?

When I saw him talking to the IRA lad, i assumed he was only giving up Darren's name because he knew he was skipping town.

I suppose its a decent twist cause it makes the show totally unpredictable.

I wonder does the guy who plays Darren have other bigger roles he wants to concentrate on an needed to leave the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Dempsey wrote: »
    darren got his comeuppance for being a scumbag.

Absolutely agree.

But what made him an interesting character was that mix of him being a mercilessly cold murderer and on the other hand one of the few scum bags with an ounce of loyalty or compassion in other ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Dazzler recovers from the shots, him and Tommy tell Fran that the pipe bomb was thrown by Nidge. Fran, Tommy and Darren vs. Elmo, Aido and Nidge.

If only I could dream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Misss ya darrrriiiiiin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

DEV.A.STATED!:( I have a feeling I'll need a few days to recover. Didn't actually think at first of the IRArr man's sister wanting revenge, can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't care what anyone else thinks I thought Darren was a good character in Love/Hate (Not to mention he's a totally babe!):D Nidge sold out again to save his own skin, but sure what would you expect?:mad: Not to mention Elmo, who Darren saved countless times. Felt with Aido he did feel bad about it to be honest, but he still went along with it. I liked Aido so much I forgot about what he did before he got knee-capped. You forgot sometimes that these are essentially quite ruthless people, who'll do anything to save themselves.
    There's no one easy on the eye left in Love/Hate anymore!:( (Although Dano is looking nicer and nicer on the looks scale not his personality unfortunately):pac:

what did aido do again to get knee capped??

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At least Dazzler let Aido's bird free :p

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

The Dazzler was the biggest scumbag of the lot tbh.

He had the highest body count this side of the Celtic Sea, too many targets on his back.

Shocked though, genuinely surprised essentially one of the lead characters got clipped.

The show would be dead if the weasel or fran ever got clipped.

Fran isn't that big a character. Comes up with a few good one-liners but that's about it. Maybe he will become more centre stage in the next series though.

Absolutely Shocked as Dazz being killed... After saving all his mates he goes out like that..

Would have been great if in S4 he went after nidge...

Cant believe elmo would do that, but lets hope there is a S4 and the IRA torture Nidge, the F**KIN backstabbing B***ard.

great series but it ended bad, Maybe tommy might take revenge for Darren in s4 after all he was with darrens sister

He'll probably try comfort Mary a bit more the bleedin durtburd :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Not to mention Elmo, who Darren saved countless times.

Saved my eye, he didn't save him he just didn't kill him. He did kill his cousin and girlfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

this ending reminds me so much about a scene in the Wire .. everyone who watched it will know what am talking about ;)

Sell drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Nothing it was a mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Not gonna miss Robert Sheehan. He just seemed so out of place as a gangland figure. Way too well spoken and you could hear through his attempt at the dub accent. He didn't fit the show for me at all.

Why did Fran go from drug lord in Season 2 to second in command under Nidge this season ?

Hopefully he finds out what happened to his missus next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Hopefully, just before Darren rang Nidge he left a voicemail on Fran's phone to tell him Nidge was riding his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So nobody knows now what Nidge did to Frano's missus? The pipe bomb and everything else! Not sure how they'll work that back in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,034 ✭✭✭✭event

people saying they cant believe Nidge had darren killed, why not?
    he is playing a scumbag gangster, these lads would kill their own mother to get out of a spot in real life, so why not in the show.
    Made it very realistic for me, thats something one of these gangland bosses would really do

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭marko_polo1234

Will there be a fourth season does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

This is absolute bull****. Darren was betrayed by 3 of the people he had saved -

Elmo - was driving the car that Hughie tried to shoot Darren from in series one. Accidently shot Elmo instead of Hughie, but called an ambulance for him when he saw that the driver was Elmo. He could have shot him there, and he could have shot him when he heard he ratted him out to his uncle in series 3. Earlier on he had even granted Elmo the chance to run away after he told him he had been sent to clip him and his cousin.

Nidge - basically saved Nidge in the episode today. Always advised him eg when Nidge was freaking out about pipebombing Fran's house.... Also kept Nidge's secret of him banging Linda from Fran. Also didn't kill Nidge when he bet up Tommy. Darren did not tell Elmo that it was Nidge who had offered his name as a 'bone' to Dano.

Ado - Darren decided to spare Ado in the pub in series 2, and shot John Boy instead. Also visited Ado in hospital when he was kneecapped.

This is disgraceful betrayal, but I guess it is showing how heartless criminals can be. R.I.P Dazzler : (

This being said though, Darren has shot Stumpy, which he rightly deserved for making Rosie have a miscarriage and attempting to kill him at he end of series 1, shot John Boy which he had coming, knowingly led his mate Luke into a trap (sorta like what Nidge/Aido/Elmo have done tonight, although he had to stick up for Mary who was being stalked by Luke), shot the innocent couple (which may have been Elmo's motivation to shoot Darren) and shot Paddy (lol nobody cared, ira scumbag).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

lightspeed wrote: »
    could he not just have said that Darren skipped town?

Yup, and they'd have done Nidge in then. They wanted their pound of flesh and Darren was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

Prop Joe wrote: »
    From the docks?? and still in daylight?? without Aido or Elmo giving the Nidge a heads up?

Straight line on the Luas from there!

I nominate Zumo from fair city to be cast in next season.

He might be better to carry out the clippings then Aido and Elmo the 26th cousins once removed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Why did Fran go from drug lord in Season 2 to second in command under Nidge this season ?

Fran was never into drugs, John Boy screwed him over with a drug shipment and Fran ended up in jail for stabbing one of his friends. Nidge helps him when he gets out as the two of them were on good terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Saved my eye, he didn't save him he just didn't kill him. .....

There was an incident in season 1 though where Darryn helped him and called an ambulance for him, that I won't spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched season 1 yet

Of course RTE will make another 2 or 3 seasons of it, look at the ratings it is getting

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Darren left this world as he had emerged from his mother's womb - in his blue hoody.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

Lizzie shaving her head was a homage to Taxi Driver where Travis Bickle shaved his head before wreaking havoc

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Lizzie shaving her head was a homage to Taxi Driver where Travis Bickle shaved his head before wreaking havoc

Was that Lizzie? Glad i read this thread now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I knew it was curtains for Darren when that shot ripped his good jacket and hoodie,

He was probably going to say "you just tried to have me clipped, but you missed and got me good bleeding jacket and hoodie, you're dead"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

It will be cack if they do make one. It's come to its natural conclusion now. The show's main protagonist is dead. Where do you go?

Can't see how it will work without taking a major dip in quality.

Personally, I think that's the end of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement