Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

doovdela wrote: »
    I really liked the winner's single - James - Impossible, its a nice song. Its original I wouldn't see it as bland. Its simple and its nice. Its him really, its his song and he wrote it and its his own which is a good thing. He made it his own which is unique.

You're joking aren't you, it's a cover version.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Jason Todd wrote: »
    You're joking aren't you, it's a cover version.

Sorry I only spotted my mistake on it when I looked at it on spin south west facebook page.

It seemed like it was his own song and have written it seemed very real and genuine.

I didn't realise it was a cover version as I had never heard of the song before! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I really liked the winner's single - James - Impossible, its a nice song. Its original I wouldn't see it as bland. Its simple and its nice. Its him really, its his song and he wrote it and its his own which is a good thing. He made it his own which is unique.

It is a cover also

Did James ever perform any of his own original songs on the live shows at all this season?

James Arthur wants album out soon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is a cover also

Did James ever perform any of his own original songs on the live shows at all this season?

James Arthur wants album out soon

Only spotted it on spin south west facebook page and here a sec ago!! My bad! :o

Didn't realise it was a cover until today and never heard of the song before!! :eek:

I don't think he did not sure, was a while before I started watching x-factor wasn't until the live shows started so I don't know, he might have. Think he might have on youtube...?

It probably won't come out for a few months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

cgpg5 wrote: »

Louis had his poorest series yet and the repetitive cliches are just getting annoying. He does what the producers want, he gets next to noting in wages comparing to others and he has that longevity about him meaning he's going nowhere.

Were the judges wages released?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Perfect song for him imo

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Were the judges wages released?

More than min wage anyways :p

I think Gary and Nicole get paid the most then Lulu and finally Tulisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    More than min wage anyways :p

I think Gary and Nicole get paid the most then Lulu and finally Tulisa

Louis gets more than Tulisa?? :eek:

I find that extremely doubtful, I can't remember where I read it but it said that in comparison to the rest he gets barely anything, and he's fine with that

Also I thought she got a massive pay rise to come back this series? Funny enough this time last year everyone wanted her back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Just heard that the contestants are coming together to try and get Chris off the tour. This is about to get interesting. I guess not everything you read in the tabloids is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Just heard that the contestants are coming together to try and get Chris off the tour. This is about to get interesting. I guess not everything you read in the tabloids is rubbish.

Where did you hear that? Do you have a link to an article?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Chris must have been some eejit! Kye wasnt a great singer but then again I'd prefer to listen to him than Chris.

Anyone check out Christopher's twitter page? He's getting some doing over there.
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMaloney77

I know you shouldn't believe all that you read in the tabloids but I find it hard to NOT believe at least some of the stories about Chris and his bad attitude, there's no smoke without fire after all.

However I still can't help feeling sorry for him that he's getting so much abuse :o

I wouldn't be surprised if they they tried to replace Chris with Kye for the tour! Would Ella or Jade not be a better choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Ella is going on the tour anyway, District 3 as well are going. I say they might try to get Lucy, if she has not burned all the bridges already.

For Chris' spot on the tour it is really a choice between Kye and Jade, and as much as I do not like Kye he is a better singer and performer than Jade so he deserves to go ahead of her.

I wonder how much tickets they will sell for the tour, does not seem that great of a line-up. Probably have to depend on Union J and District 3 fans buying tickets.

Kye is boring, would prefer Jade or MK1 take his spot on the tour

I hope they do replace Chris anyway even if it were Rylan!

I suppose James could have picked a different song as a winner's song/single but sure he done well in all of his other songs really, I still like the winner's song.

I hope they do replace Chris anyway even if it were Rylan!

I suppose James could have picked a different song as a winner's song/single but sure he done well in all of his other songs really, I still like the winner's song.

The contestant doesn't choose their own winners single.

If anything all this anti-Chris stuff has got people talking about the tour anyway. Could not care less who goes/doesn't go it's about the only meaningful thing most of them do music-wise anyway post X-Factor

Rylan is on it too, something like the top 7 make it

Oh right I didn't know that thought it just be the top 3-5 or something. They probably pick someone else anyway instead of Chris.

Oh really, I suppose based on the song he sang he probably didn't choose it so chosen for him that it suit x-factor. As he picked his other songs in the other shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Oh right I didn't know that thought it just be the top 3-5 or something. They probably pick someone else anyway instead of Chris.

Oh really, I suppose based on the song he sang he probably didn't choose it so chosen for him that it suit x-factor. As he picked his other songs in the other shows.

Yeah, it's usually the top 7 or 8 go on the tour. Lucy shouldn't make it as she pulled out. Whoever was out last of Kye and Jade should go instead of Chris if he's dropped.

I went to the tour in Dublin when Matt Cardle was the winner, Aiden Grimshaw was on the bill unexpectedly in a nice surprise. He hadn't made the tour originally but between a Facebook campaign and the other contestants giving it the thumbs up he was asked to join. Maybe something similar might happen for Lucy Spraggan if people wanted it enough, although whether she would do it or not is another thing.

• Advertisement

Rylan is performing in The George tonight...would love to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Rylan is performing in The George tonight...would love to go :D
    Saw that on his Twitter alright! If only I lived in Ireland :D

I'm actually out in town tonight...who knows where I'll end up after a few glasses of wine :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm actually out in town tonight...who knows where I'll end up after a few glasses of wine :o

So jealous, I'd love to see him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Do it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Christopher's back on the tour:

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a445050/christopher-maloney-now-confirmed-for-x-factor-live-tour.html

I'm betting there were certain contractual obligations they just couldn't get out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Just heard James's song. . . It's us absolute rubbish, it sounds like he has a speech issue and has braces and is purposley mumbling

Christopher's back on the tour:

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a445050/christopher-maloney-now-confirmed-for-x-factor-live-tour.html

I'm betting there were certain contractual obligations they just couldn't get out of.
    Exactly what I was thinking. He could probably have gone legal or whatever! It's clear none of them want him there but he probably won't take no for an answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,711 ✭✭✭✭walshb

DylanII wrote: »
    Just heard James's song. . . It's us absolute rubbish, it sounds like he has a speech issue and has braces and is purposley mumbling

He's a run of the mill singer. Not sure what all the hype was about the guy. Best of an extremely average lot.

Ok, Ella sure could sing!

• Advertisement

I'm home from my night out. Didnt get to the George. Just told my bf there that Rylan was playing. He said "you should have told me, I would have gone with you". Was tempted to go back out but already had shower and in my pj's :(

Advertisement