Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dryan

Cavanjack wrote: »
    I rang the country looking for quotes for steers last week and couldn't get more than 3.90 base. Killed them Thursday. Then opened the journal to see I should have got 4.10 for them. Don't know where they are getting their quotes from. Pity it's not true.
    I was offered 3.90 base for underage steers over t phone tonight. Not happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Markmmm

3.90 and 4.00 quoted today

3.90 offered during the week over the phone.
    Agent called out this evening to have a look. 4.00 was offered. Told him I will consider 4.10 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

dryan wrote: »
    3.90 offered during the week over the phone.
    Agent called out this evening to have a look. 4.00 was offered. Told him I will consider 4.10 next week.

Steers I presume?

That is all that is on offer in the south east either.

Left to the bossman to get a few more bob out of them but these are on grass so have to go in the coming days.

Yip, steers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

€3.90 still buying plenty bullocks in most outlets down south, would still prefer to be taking this price than €4.10 mid december on the same animals. slight tightening on supply, price movements may not be as forth coming as expected IMV, IFJ/IFA probably report than soft sellers are getting €4.20 everywhere:rolleyes:.

up north - U bulls 4.25 and 4.10 R's so far away fields arent as green as theyre making out. Stores are taking a serious up swing there aswell

IFA take http://www.ifa.ie/Sectors/Cattle/MarketPrices.aspx

Anyone get any quotes yet for steers for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭poor farmer

Has anyone any update on beef prices

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saranac1

Has anyone any update on beef prices

Father got 4 euro / kg for 550-650 kg bullocks under 30 mths @ euro meats and we are in bord Bia

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭flat out !!

Two different agents rang over the weekend looking for cattle this week, so supplies are obviously tight enough. One quoted €4.10 base plus transport for steers.

• Advertisement

bullocks still being bought for 3.95 down south, had a load out this morning. Good to hear you boyos up the country are able to get a good bit more than us down here. Getting as many as possible killed this week is my priority

I presume Flat out that bord bia bonus of 6c is on top of €4.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭flat out !!

Yeah, the bonus would be on top after alright. R and U grade stock. I'm not in a panic to sell just yet. We'll see what next few weeks brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

bullocks still being bought for 3.95 down south, had a load out this morning. .

I'm with bob on this - that was available late last week too ;)

This weeks weather will flush out any of the last grass based cattle.

What are the NI plants paying maybe that is influencing the southern prices?

anyone move any stock on this week? whats being paid?

Didnt stirr with my own batch of bullocks yet... Cant decide whether to move this week or hold out till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭leoch

chating to a boy who deals for the factories and he reakoned that fat heifers around 24 months give or take are getting scarce and after xmas will be good money i think he said around 4.50/kg(not 100% sure) what they making at the minute does anybody know

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

leoch wrote: »
    chating to a boy who deals for the factories and he reakoned that fat heifers around 24 months give or take are getting scarce and after xmas will be good money i think he said around 4.50/kg(not 100% sure) what they making at the minute does anybody know[/QUOT heard a mart manager saying that they were very afraid for after christmas. every forward heifer in this area was being bought for factory feed lots. also saw a factory man i know buying anything that was short keep for one of the bigger factory groups. saying that they love to control thesupply even if it means losing money on their own

Gone this evening. 4.03 base price for both under and overage steers.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

Sold yesterday. Steers all overage. 4.06 R's 4.16 U's. Not quite the prices on todays Indo, and I tried hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Gman1987

locha wrote: »
    Sold yesterday. Steers all overage. 4.06 R's 4.16 U's. Not quite the prices on todays Indo, and I tried hard!

Where abouts did you kill them?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭poor farmer

3.90 for o grade dairy bred bulls going in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

Ger1987 wrote: »
    Where abouts did you kill them?
    Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 41 deerejohn

4.10 for 10 bulls, 8 u, 2 r, 414 kgs, 18 to 22mts

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

Dawn meets rep called in with us yesterday
    4.12 flat for lim bulls next week
    4 euro per kg flat for freisan bulls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

4.10 for hfrs last week

any price for this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭jfh

lads, i've 2 char bulls 12 months old weighing 600kg, don't usually keep bulls or fatten so anyone hazard a guess what their worth per kg?

jfh wrote: »
    lads, i've 2 char bulls 12 months old weighing 600kg, don't usually keep bulls or fatten so anyone hazard a guess what their worth per kg?

take a bow first and foremost, 12months old and 600kgs:eek:

What grades do you think they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭jfh

wish i could bob, i bought them last august at 400kg, there's no way their 12 months, breeder registered them late for sure.
    had them at the mart saturday week & one was making 1300, the other 1070 but there's only 15kg between them. so thinking the factory is the way to go. the poorer fella is a bit storeish & could do with another few weeks but weighs well. you'd imagine that bulls would grade into U's, as mentioned we don't fatten cattle so i wouldn't know the exact grading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

Anyone get quotes for dAiry cows going around Christmas. Cows are warming up but don't know wheither to go now or early jan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

maxxuumman wrote: »
    Anyone get quotes for dAiry cows going around Christmas. Cows are warming up but don't know wheither to go now or early jan

Anyone? Same question here. Buyer coming for a look in the morning:eek:

• Advertisement

I would go now, trade for feeder cows has picked up a bit, why I dont know. whatever you can get over the € a kg wave good bye, unless you have some trick and very very cheap feed. Cant see much of a trade for beef post xmas in the short term

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement