Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch

• 06-12-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Really looking forward to this. Just got my hands on the demo. Animation is great, love the world map and battle system. My worries from the demo is that it might be too childish, I'm hoping it's not too easy. A big plus for me is that my gf loves all that Studio Ghibli stuff. Might be easier to get some game time in as opposed to making her sit through Fifa or Dark Souls. Or any other game really.

Also love the fact you can choose the Japanese V/O as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Damn shame its not out before Jingly....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Looking forward to this myself. It looks stunning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone getting the Wizards edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Once I have all my xmas presents sorted, I might splash out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Yep, I've had it pre-ordered from Shopto since July. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I might splash for it too,96 euro on gamestop

gizmo wrote: »
    Yep, I've had it pre-ordered from Shopto since July. :o

Never ordered from them, how are they for delivery? works out around 7 euros cheaper then gamestop.ie with the £3 pound delivery option.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Never ordered from them, how are they for delivery? works out around 7 euros cheaper then gamestop.ie with the £3 pound delivery option.
    I can only comment on UK delivery for which they're unrivalled for both pre-orders and current releases.

Their use of Royal Mail First Class and First Class Tracked for orders home indicates it to be as good as you're going to get for decent prices though. :)

blaa85 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this. Just got my hands on the demo. Animation is great, love the world map and battle system. My worries from the demo is that it might be too childish, I'm hoping it's not too easy. A big plus for me is that my gf loves all that Studio Ghibli stuff. Might be easier to get some game time in as opposed to making her sit through Fifa or Dark Souls. Or any other game really.

Also love the fact you can choose the Japanese V/O as well.

How did you get your hands on the demo?do you work for a magazine or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

How did you get your hands on the demo?do you work for a magazine or something?

It's available on PSN.

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It's available on PSN.

:eek: holy crap *downloads*

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Looks like a brilliant game I was following this since I seen it at E3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Might check out the demo, about 6 or 7 years ago I'd have been queuing up to buy this on day 1 but I think I'm kinda bored of JRPGs at this stage. Last one I really enjoyed was probably Dragon Quest VIII* which I played about 5 years ago.

*I am yet to play Xenoblade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Had my eye on this for a year now

Demo was short but excellent , studio ghibli excels at everything so congrats to namco bandai , once again you have my money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I might splash for it too,96 euro on gamestop

Is that the one with the artbook and teddy*?
    *I hate using the term plush doll

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is that the one with the artbook and teddy*?
    *I hate using the term plush doll

tis indeed sir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That was an interesting, yet slightly baffling hour's worth of entertainment. The combat and camera don't come across all that intuitive, but the visuals are pretty good, though I feel I might've over-hyped myself for them, given Ghibli's involvement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just hope Hino isn't writing the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Played the first part of the demo and seems like a competent rpg, animation is fantastic but does seem a bit childish. Also the tree has a duckface for some reason.

danthefan wrote: »
    Might check out the demo, about 6 or 7 years ago I'd have been queuing up to buy this on day 1 but I think I'm kinda bored of JRPGs at this stage. Last one I really enjoyed was probably Dragon Quest VIII* which I played about 5 years ago.

*I am yet to play Xenoblade.

Well, you are bang on there, get Xenoblade, it is the is the best JRPG to come out since Journey of the Cursed King. Lost my copy of Xenoblade after about a week, (not my fault), finally getting it for Christmas. I have been very disappointed by the lack of decent JRPG's this gen, found Lost Odyssey crap and Blue Dragon too easy. I'll have to get Last Story once Ive done with Ni No Kuni.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Level-5 has confirmed that the Western version of the PlayStation 3 game will be published by Namco Bandai Games and will include both English and Japanese voice tracks

Oh god yes. The Ghibli obsessive in me just couldn't hack a dubbed version.

Tried to download the demo yesterday but PS Store was crapping out on me. Will give it another go tomorrow, although TBH demos and RPGs are uncomfortable bedfellows. Still, at least this one is uber-pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

The demo was way too short but it has convinced me to buy the full game. What really stands out for me is the music, it's fantastic. It seems to check all the boxes to make a great rpg, interesting story, beautiful art style, good battle syatem and as I menetioned before the music really is really nice.

Tried the demo today, am definitely going to buy.

It has a world map. A WORLD MAP!

really tempted by the CE but 96 euro is a lot

really tempted by the CE but 96 euro is a lot
    Yea, I cancelled mine in the end. If the book had been some sort of meaty artbook I would have considered keeping it but with it just being more in-game info, I decided not to bother and let someone else who really wants it get their hands on it.

On zavvi.com there's 10% off currently so comes in at a few cents over €40, seems a decent price. Free delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

mystic86 wrote: »
    Love the negatives listed:
    "Menus should have been a little more streamlined.
    Lack of negatives is punishing the formatting of my review. "

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm going to wait for the 1up review, the guys there know their RPGs better than anyone else. I'm slightly apprehensive about this game since it was poorly received in Japan and I've read a few different writers say that it's not that interesting and plays it too safe.

• Advertisement

Seems the game has been delayed a week until 1/2/2013

Advertisement