Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Is it slightly strange that we've had our dog for over a year now, and only yesterday did I hear her bark!? I didn't know dogs could be so quiet, now if only she would stop standing on my uggs and trying to give me the paw when I'm wearing clean clothes!

Lucky you!! My 3 dogs can hear my eye lids open in the morning and the bark until I bloody feed um! mon-fri not a bother but on the weekends its killer! 7.20 on the button and there off haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Gave miller a tin of salmon yesterday. Today he's back to dry. Not having it. He's walking around all fecking day screaming for food despite a big bowl being available to him.

He also managed to get himself locked into the boxroom (this may be my fault, I thought he was asleep on the bed) and he'd poo'd on the carpet.

:mad::mad::mad:

AND my lil baby Phoe is snuggling up to my husband instead of me and snoring very happily. Sneakoff.

Barely 24 hours before the baby budgies started giving me heart failure. I'm so used to elderly Marky (young Marky was a terror) and quiet shy Yellow. Cloud slipped out of the cage and took off round the room terrified, flying into walls. I had to rush to get the radiator covered and get the lamp down off the shelf before he would burn himself. Drake was having seizures in the cage in fright. Eventually he landed on the top of the cage, so I threw a blanket over him and caught him. Chewed the finger off me! Hand taming is a slow and delicate procedure and sudden sneak acts of escapism aren't going to help matters!!

I'd forgotten how much FUN baby birds are. They're so curious about everything, and so uncoordinated, keep falling down, tripping up, landing on each other, and not realising it's not acceptable to use Yellow as a ladder. She's being very kind to them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,027 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I never knew budgies has so much personality until reading your posts budgese!! :D
    Bold Bailey jumped in the river yesterday evening - the current was really really strong - he was able to swim against it but it was carrying him and he didn't like it. I had to run down a bit so I'd meet him and then tell him it was ok and to swim over to me so I could save him - he took my advice and decided to dry himself against my legs! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

tk123 wrote: »
    I never knew budgies has so much personality until reading your posts budgese!! :D
    Bold Bailey jumped in the river yesterday evening - the current was really really strong - he was able to swim against it but it was carrying him and he didn't like it. I had to run down a bit so I'd meet him and then tell him it was ok and to swim over to me so I could save him - he took my advice and decided to dry himself against my legs! :rolleyes:

There's nothing friendlier than a wet dog!! (or wet cat!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Is it slightly strange that we've had our dog for over a year now, and only yesterday did I hear her bark!? I didn't know dogs could be so quiet, now if only she would stop standing on my uggs and trying to give me the paw when I'm wearing clean clothes!
    Mine barks when the front gate opens. It's great, I know someone's at my door 5 seconds before I hear them!

Poor Yellow is not only a ladder now, I was doing a little hand taming, and because she's not at all tame and never will be, she fluttered across the cage and clung to the side all startled... when one of the little lads decided to copy her, and clung to her back. One of them found out you can flip her precious plastic budgie toy upside down, and the other ran over in fascination and started gnawing it's tail, and Yellow got awfully concerned. I can't wait till Christmas when I get to spend all day with them, working on taming!

Anyone else curled up with fur babies for the night watching the toy show? :D

Anyone else curled up with fur babies for the night watching the toy show? :D

No way - I'm a celeb is on!! :pac::pac:

No way - I'm a celeb is on!! :pac::pac:

:eek::eek::eek: But... it's the toy show!!!! :P

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek: But... it's the toy show!!!! :P

I'll watch it on player (we have upc) and forward all the annoying billy barry bits!! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I'll watch it on player (we have upc) and forward all the annoying billy barry bits!! ;)

Sssooooo, just fast forward through the whole show then?

:D:D:D

I saw a toy show drinking game somewhere on boards earlier, that should make the billy barry kids very entertaining :P Pity I can't drink tonight!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I saw a toy show drinking game somewhere on boards earlier,

Gasp! Is nothin' sacred any more? :eek: :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Im watching Idiot Abroad and recording Toy Show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

TillyGirl wrote: »

Blimey! If anyone plays that, then they'll be pissed in minutes!! :D

TillyGirl wrote: »

Im watching the toy show and recording an idiot abroad :P

Oooh just discovered Cream absolutely adores prawns! Peach turned up her nose but Cream wolfed them down. Takes him a few minutes to work his way through one and lots of chewing so I figure they must be somewhat good for his teeth :) Think I'll keep a pack in the fridge as treats from now on! At least I don't have to worry about bones with them like ya do with other fishes!

OMGs!!!!!! There's a retriever in the pound!! The only con I can think of is space - our house is quite small but they curl up together anyways right?? :p

OMGs!!!!!! There's a retriever in the pound!! The only con I can think of is space - our house is quite small but they curl up together anyways right?? :p

There's no excuses now!! You know Bailey really wants a brother/sister for Christmas :P

• Advertisement

There's no excuses now!! You know Bailey really wants a brother/sister for Christmas :P

I think another dog could be the making of him tbh. It's convincing the folks lol!! :pac: Going to ring the pound tomorrow and see what the story is - he has to be out by wed. I'm not working atm so would be around, have spare collar, leads, coats, toys. So we'd need to buy him a bowl and work out their sleeping arrangements - Bailey sleeps on the couch/floor/in his bed as he sees fit so we could fit the other dog wherever the space is lol! :pac:

EDIT - brainwave - I'll suggest we "foster" him - my mum will be cuddling him within five mins and won't want to part with him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I think another dog could be the making of him tbh. It's convincing the folks lol!! :pac: Going to ring the pound tomorrow and see what the story is - he has to be out by wed. I'm not working atm so would be around, have spare collar, leads, coats, toys. So we'd need to buy him a bowl and work out their sleeping arrangements - Bailey sleeps on the couch/floor/in his bed as he sees fit so we could fit the other dog wherever the space is lol! :pac:

EDIT - brainwave - I'll suggest we "foster" him - my mum will be cuddling him within five mins and won't want to part with him! :D

We "fostered" Benson for the first while. OK, first few days. After 5 days we told the rescue he was "home":D

I was so close to having that plan work 2 summers ago on my placement. A stray pointer X was handed into the clinic and she was the sweeeeeeeetest dog I had ever met! She was so so cute, so friendly, really submissive. I had convinced my mom to let me bring her home for the weekend to save the staff having to come in on their days on call just to feed her and 10 minutes before I was going to bring her.. the vet decided she would mind her for the weekend!! But at least she got a good home in the end.
    Make sure you post pics when you ''foster'' him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

If the dog seems like a good fit, go for it! Getting a second dog was the best decision I ever made. I'd been thinking about it for a while and knew I wanted another English Setter, but I wasn't sure if I could commit to another dog. Then one day I randomly went on to the local pound's website and there was my Henry. I got him the next day.

It's a TONNE of extra work and expense but worth every bit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

If the dog seems like a good fit, go for it! Getting a second dog was the best decision I ever made. I'd been thinking about it for a while and knew I wanted another English Setter, but I wasn't sure if I could commit to another dog. Then one day I randomly went on to the local pound's website and there was my Henry. I got him the next day.

It's a TONNE of extra work and expense but worth every bit. :D

Yeah, it's the little things, looking at them curled up together, playing together, swimming together. When you have to go out knowing that they have each other to play with and keep each other company.

I don't think it's a huge amount of work, but definitely it is costly. We've changed to cheaper foods, got bits from butchers to supplement their diets, take less holidays, go out less but it's really really worth it.

BTW Bluecherry, aren't setters just the best dog ever!!??

Well I feed raw atm which is cheap enough so can handle the food costs - I could probably do it cheaper if needed - eg I pay the extra euro for better quality chicken/convenience of going to the one butcher etc etc I think the company would be great for him and retrievers love other retrievers so I'm sure they'd get along lol! :D

Well I feed raw atm which is cheap enough so can handle the food costs - I could probably do it cheaper if needed - eg I pay the extra euro for better quality chicken/convenience of going to the one butcher etc etc I think the company would be great for him and retrievers love other retrievers so I'm sure they'd get along lol! :D

Want to take on another one besides the poundie? You can have a half retriever from me, she's driving me mad :D

Want to take on another one besides the poundie? You can have a half retriever from me, she's driving me mad :D

:D
    My head is telling me to take a step back. I don't know the (medical) history of the pound dog - I've already done leg operations with my guy and don't want to do them again - which is why I've always said the next dog would be a pup from a reputable breeder! GAH!! But I couldn't let him get pts! He'll probably be claimed anyways - he looks well taken care of...but I'll call them in the morning!

But at least if he did have any medical problems he would be with someone who knows what to look out for and how to help. Thee amount of people who dont realize their retrievers have hip problems is shocking! So can you risk letting him go somewhere like that or be in your expert hands? :P :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

[/B]
    BTW Bluecherry, aren't setters just the best dog ever!!??

Oh they are most definitely the best dogs in the world. :) I can't imagine ever not having one.

But I suppose everyone says the same thing about "their" breed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement