Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Right, time for a bit of Wii U.
    Anyone else playing/played it at home yet?

:( Oh, beyond jealous. Zombi U? Pikmin 3? Nintendo land?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Danonino. wrote: »
    :( Oh, beyond jealous. Zombi U? Pikmin 3? Nintendo land?

I got the Zombie U 32GB pro pack thingy from Amazon on pre-order and a few other bits for it.
    I'll probably end up playing Dota 2 on Steam followed by a bit of DayZ after an hour or so of disappointment from the Wii U and Zombi U :0/

In fairness to Nintendo their download servers were pretty quick and able to keep up with my bband at full speed so the initial update on took a few mins to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well this forum is blessed with the worlds only Big the Cat fan. Wonder why she hasn't posted yet?
    keep saying, I'm not a fan I just don't hate him. Big saved Froggy, frogs are my people [like dogs and ghosts] I can't hate on him and I kinda like the theme music

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Big the Cat, Pants the Cat more like.
    Frog sidekicks do not the character make!

I remember a certain promo we got in Gamesworld, from Parappa the Rappa, it was a replica of Parappas hat with his ears sewn on... well not his ears... I hope.... But it did have the little frog emblem on it... I wish I still had it for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The Wii U seems to be refusing to connect to my UPC router...

I can make it connect to my iPhone, but not to my broadband!!! Grrrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Here's my own at the moment. Having a few teething problems though

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336e89b205d2dc5d7c9b17a12ba2b52cd56.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Here's my own at the moment. Having a few teething problems though

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336e89b205d2dc5d7c9b17a12ba2b52cd56.jpg

Careful now,
    Too much time in there and people will think you're this guy...
    Pedo-Bear-pedo-bear-30661370-750-600.jpg

or

tumblr_mb729ssxyF1rawb5do1_500.jpg

Oh... you have to manually configure your IP and DNS settings for the Wii U on UPC... I'm sure that will be lots of fun for kids on xmas morning and then they get the joy of a 5GB update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh... you have to manually configure your IP and DNS settings for the Wii U on UPC... I'm sure that will be lots of fun for kids on xmas morning and then they get the joy of a 5GB update.

Ah UPC's amazing routers, at least the update should come down fairly quickly, be interesting doing it on eircoms 1mb line:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Played nintendoland for bout an hour in a half and hate it

Dont have anyone to play with and its sucks playing alone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahhh yes UPC... Universal PeiceOf Crap...

Here's my own at the moment...

You've still got more room than I do. My games room at the moment is a shelf :-(

Episode one season ten when the new girl takes out her cellular phone to take a call is when Simpsons' slide into crapness started.

Episode one season ten when the new girl takes out her cellular phone to take a call is when Simpsons' slide into crapness started.

DMY!

UPC routers suck. Change the router to a bridge and use a real router instead.
    I use a nice ASUS router and it's a million times better than the nasty yolk UPC give you.

DMY!

I know what that means young lady

Yeah. I do have one... but it's currently in the office.

Just can't help thinking how much hassle the Wii U is going to cause on Xmas morning. Will be advising everyone to make sure they have it set up well before hand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Decided to give Sonic Adventure a second, extended chance this evening due to the ongoing 'debate'.

When I fell through the world three times in the first level I was ready to call Mario 64 as the factual winner. Another hour of poorly designed game confirmed said call. Cutscenes are soul destroyingly poor. Sorry, Sonic Adventure fans, this one is well and truly a turd.

The framerate is the best thing about the game.

It's still leagues ahead of Sonic '06

Everyone should be watching the Game Grumps play though of it. Funny stuff!

• Advertisement

Yeah. I do have one... but it's currently in the office.

Just can't help thinking how much hassle the Wii U is going to cause on Xmas morning. Will be advising everyone to make sure they have it set up well before hand.

I really recommend anyone who's kids are getting a Wii U for Xmas to open it and get it all updated and setup before Xmas morning.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I really recommend anyone who's kids are getting a Wii U for Xmas to open it and get it all updated and setup before Xmas morning.

Yep. Exactly. Will be telling everyone in the office on Monday.

It's still leagues ahead of Sonic '06

Everyone should be watching the Game Grumps play though of it. Funny stuff!

Yeah, but that's like asking, I have two stool samples here, one is runny the other solid and well formed, which would you like to eat first?

Both Sonic Adventure and Sonic '06 are awful
    The only reason I played Sonic Adventure to completion was because I had a Japanese DC and feck all else to play on it, and even then it took ages to decipher what the heck Big the Cat was supposed to do!

At least we can, perhaps, put this rather one sided debate on Sonic Vs Mario to bed now, please?

Ah. I liked Sonic Adventure a lot when it came out. I can't imagine it's aged well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Decided to give Sonic Adventure a second, extended chance this evening due to the ongoing 'debate'.

When I fell through the world three times in the first level I was ready to call Mario 64 as the factual winner. Another hour of poorly designed game confirmed said call. Cutscenes are soul destroyingly poor. Sorry, Sonic Adventure fans, this one is well and truly a turd.

The framerate is the best thing about the game.

Hmm , that never happened to me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sonic Team during the Sonic Adventure to Sonic Unleashed period:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Lads, I#m a bit buzzed. Lol I know wgo everyones secret santa is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Lads, I#m a bit buzzed. Lol I know wgo everyones secret santa is!!

Keep it shtum then

Santa still exists for you

Dont ruin it:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I miss santa :(

Also, I look like this now:

2ecb1d078b11054477349c7794c91752.jpeg

• Advertisement

Also, why can't I curse on boards?

I've always wanred to do that,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement