Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

msg11 wrote: »
    Working in Tesco the only reason we take the incorrect price label away is because it's incorrect. It's not company/store policy to not refund the error in anyway, if it's legitimate then there will be no issue. Anyone doing anything else is enforcing there own laws in the store.

I have posted before on the causes of incorrect labels, out of date system and an undermanned team in systems.

If you have an issue, I suggest you write up a report on www.tescocomments.com trust me that site is taken seriously as it has an impact on the customer service ratings for the store.

In fact the least reported thing about Tesco is pricing errors and for the amount of complains on here, I find it pretty unbelievable. Number 1 is lack of availability.

When i have an issue i take it up with CS,the store manager or i email tesco directly - any issues i have had have been dealt with to my satisfaction.

I understand how the customer service rating works in tesco as i have relatives and a few friends who work in my local store whom i have spoken to about it.
    There are certain members of staff who do take it upon themselves to enforce their own laws, in my local store if i was overcharged there was one particular staff member whom i hated to see at the CS desk. She would make rude comments about people complaining about being overcharged by a few cents and would try to argue that you weren't overcharged when it was blatantly obvious that you were. I had had enough of her attitude one day and i told her that if she didn't like tesco's own policy on overcharging then i suggest she take it up with her employer. She has always been very nice to me since then! I should add that i didn't say it aggressively, i was polite about it lol

Anyway, apologies for bring the thread slightly off topic ;)

Slightly off topic but its getting impossible to verify the bargains in Tesco with all the price check scanners being out of order. Loads of people are on this thread, we could all complain online to Tesco and get the scanners fixed.
    Tesco Extra in Naas seems to have no working price check scanner!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Slightly off topic but its getting impossible to verify the bargains in Tesco with all the price check scanners being out of order. Loads of people are on this thread, we could all complain online to Tesco and get the scanners fixed.

Is the one in the clothes section not working now? Was working fine when I was in there last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Yawns wrote: »
    Is the one in the clothes section not working now? Was working fine when I was in there last week or so.

me too - its the one i use all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭1865

I went to Tesco Maynooth last night and there wasn't even a mention of the Hobgoblin on their shelves. Was a bit disappointed so I had to console myself with buying a lot of wine at 25% off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Electric landmower in tesco clearwater for 20 euro. It was beside shelfs with eggs

what make? where in the store was that/ I didnt see any

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

It is possible to reset the devices by unplugging / plugging them back in.

The one in Clearwater is an example of this.

Might get into trouble for doing it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is it me or is Tesco crap for Christmas bargains this year so far? Yes they have the wine 25% off going on but even the likes of their medium selection boxes are 1.99 and not 3 for €5 like they were last year. So far nothing is drawing me in Tesco, get the finger out and get the bargains in.

Maybe they think the recession is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

1865 wrote: »
    I went to Tesco Maynooth last night and there wasn't even a mention of the Hobgoblin on their shelves. Was a bit disappointed so I had to console myself with buying a lot of wine at 25% off.

Do you know if Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry is part of that 25% off?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Yes - ports and sherries included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

There were loads more of those James Martin spice racks that I mentioned in Mahon yesterday. Also the Halloween stuff is now 75% off (Cadbury scream eggs for 21c, Haribo sweeties, Natural Confectionary for approx 35c etc) Also got a 10 pack of little value christmas cards for 15c.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Coke/Diet/Zero are all about 4.39 for the 2x2L multipack. But if you buy the 2L bottles singly, it's 3 for 4.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

They have "Ice Scraper Mitts" for 2.80. Not a great price at first glance, but if you take the scraper out, the mitt is the perfect size to use as storage for a 7" tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I had been mulling over the idea of getting a food processor for a while and had been thinking about the above. I popped into Tesco Balbriggan today and spotted one on the top shelf. There was no price sticker so I brought it to a scanner and........ €25. It may have been their last one hence the low price but it's worth checking your local branches if you've been thinking about getting a food processor.

It varies online in price from €149 to €69. It's a well reviewed processor and comes with a blender, citrus press, a multi mill and a variety of attachments.

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-ZA/All-products/Food-Processors/Food-Processors/FP580-Food-Processor-0WFP580005/

€25 is an absolute bargain for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

but if you take the scraper out, the mitt is the perfect size to use as storage for a 7" tablet.

Now that's a bargain alert :P

Small bargain in Claremorris - Lego Friend's Emma's Splash pool and Lego Friend's Stephanie's Outdoor Bakery are both reduced to €2.99 from (they claim) €7.99. Might make a nice stocking filler, plenty of both types in stock two hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

I had been mulling over the idea of getting a food processor for a while and had been thinking about the above. I popped into Tesco Balbriggan today and spotted one on the top shelf. There was no price sticker so I brought it to a scanner and........ €25. It may have been their last one hence the low price but it's worth checking your local branches if you've been thinking about getting a food processor.

It varies online in price from €149 to €69. It's a well reviewed processor and comes with a blender, citrus press, a multi mill and a variety of attachments.

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-ZA/All-products/Food-Processors/Food-Processors/FP580-Food-Processor-0WFP580005/

€25 is an absolute bargain for this.

No FP580 in Paul Street Cork this afternoon, but really odds weren't in my favour there. There's a FP108 and FPP225 but that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

ncur wrote: »
    No FP580 in Paul Street Cork this afternoon, but really odds weren't in my favour there. There's a FP108 and FPP225 but that's it.

Same models available in Clonmel 24 hr Tesco. If anyone finds another supply at €25.00, please let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

If the incorrect quantity and price per litre is displayed will Tesco give it free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just back from tesco in arklow, they have the large box of after 8 at €4.99 or 2 for a fiver.
    second box for 1c:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

just back from tesco in arklow, they have the large box of after 8 at €4.99 or 2 for a fiver.
    second box for 1c:)

did you buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dan185 wrote: »
    did you buy it?

does the pope crap in the woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

does the pope crap in the woods?

:D Sorry, I'm very bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Eathrin wrote: »
    If the incorrect quantity and price per litre is displayed will Tesco give it free?

No

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No

Seems unfair anyway.
    They are displaying a 10 pack 330ml of Kopparberg for €12 as a 12 pack with a €3.03 per litre where as in reality it should be €3.64.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Seems unfair anyway.
    They are displaying a 10 pack 330ml of Kopparberg for €12 as a 12 pack with a €3.03 per litre where as in reality it should be €3.64.

Erm, 12 X 330ml = 3.96L
    €12 / 3.96L = €3.03/L
    Tesco are correct (first time for everything)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »

Erm, 12 X 330ml = 3.96L
    €12 / 3.96L = €3.03/L
    Yes, that's how Tesco calculated it.
    There's only 10 in the pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

slave1 wrote: »
    Erm, 12 X 330ml = 3.96L
    €12 / 3.96L = €3.03/L
    Did he not say it was a 10, not a 12 pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil Extra High Strength 300ml €2.80 something. Not marked with a yellow SEL or anything. This is usually around 6 or 7 euro.

Here's why you should take it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yes, that's how Tesco calculated it.
    There's only 10 in the pack

Ahh, I see, sometime you see the likes of 6packs with 2 extra so I thought it may have been an example of that, flashed as a 10pack with 12 in the pack.
    Tesco are offside so!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement