Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

and all the selection boxes have finally gone "half price".

Can you remember the prices on these please?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

vicwatson wrote: »

Can you remember the prices on these please?

I think the majority are €1.99 that's for the medium size

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Large selection boxes were 2 for €8 now €2.75 each - cadbury and galaxy. Glad I waited ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Whac-A-Mole-Arcade-Game/dp/B0028K2WBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353239051&sr=8-1

Got two of these in Tesco Maynooth last night for a fiver each. There was loads left on the very top of the shelf in the aisle with the Thomas the Tank and Fireman Sam stuff. Paid 21.99 for this in Smyths last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Tesco have a 3 pack of the Brita Maxtra filters for €9.49

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

damian139 wrote: »
    Dun laoghaire, size L

Are these the ones marked €10. Snow grips 87 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 37 trelemenele

Electric landmower in tesco clearwater for 20 euro. It was beside shelfs with eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

€23 steam window cleaner - karcher - tesco clarehall

Tesco Clearwater - garden shears - €1.97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Lynx Shower Gel 'Twist' reduced to 87c in Drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

Picked up in Drogheda Tesco Express, in 'clearance' section in the towels/bathroom area of the store.
    Philips 14Watt (equivalent 75watt) long life bulbs, (Genie WW827, 800 Lumen) reduced to €1.
    Philips 11Watt (equivalent 60watt) long life bulbs, (Genie WW827, 600 Lumen) reduced to €2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco Clearwater

Fence Sprayer - €5 (it is €39.99 in woodies)
    http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Cuprinol-Fence-Sprayer/9689/1.1.15.2

Paint for the sprayer - €5.50

Karcher Steam Cleaner - €23

Bin to attach to cabinet door - €7.50 (was €30)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Not a bargain anymore, but I thought those who remember the epic charger thread might find this interesting :D

229373.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

dublin8681 wrote: »
    Tesco Clearwater

Fence Sprayer - €5 (it is €39.99 in woodies)
    http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Cuprinol-Fence-Sprayer/9689/1.1.15.2

It's said everything will eventually find it's appropriate price level, I think that just has.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Quaderno wrote: »
    Not a bargain anymore, but I thought those who remember the epic charger thread might find this interesting :D

Are you referring to the price or the fact that you found a working scanner.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

4x440ml hobgoblin ale e1.99 tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

did they scan through as €1.99 or did you have to go to Customer Service?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭neiphin

5 for e10 ?

Self scanned, but the bar code resulted in e1.99 to pay. That was
    Also the shelf price, and the shelf tag indicated (from memory) around e1.05 per litre.
    Incidentally for anyone going to tallaght, I only took 8 !

• Advertisement

Neiphin-20 for e10

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Had these in Drogheda too. I got the last 2 cases on display for a total of 23.88 :D That's christmas sorted... They scanned at 1.99 a can but i got them to change it by showing the shelf label.

Surprised they honoured it in Tallaght tbh, i've tried to get stuff on pricing errors there before and they say they will check the price on the shelf but what they are really doing is taking the price off the shelf, then they basically call you a liar/scammer. Worst customer service of any Tesco i've been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Had these in Drogheda too. I got the last 2 cases on display for a total of 23.88 :D That's christmas sorted... They scanned at 1.99 a can but i got them to change it by showing the shelf label.

Surprised they honoured it in Tallaght tbh, i've tried to get stuff on pricing errors there before and they say they will check the price on the shelf but what they are really doing is taking the price off the shelf, then they basically call you a liar/scammer. Worst customer service of any Tesco i've been in.

Take a pic on your phone before going to Customer Services, they can't say anything then !!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Take a pic on your phone before going to Customer Services, they can't say anything then !!

Good one! Yer wan just commented on the value, there was no suggestion of checking anything. That said I'm a very honest looking individual :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

I always walk down the shop with them and point it out :D I've heard/read too many stories of them taking the price off the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

chasm wrote: »
    I always walk down the shop with them and point it out :D I've heard/read too many stories of them taking the price off the shelf.

Glad it's not just (the look of) me! Lesson learned and when i was in the Drogheda one today i took a pic of the price on the shelf, but staff there are ok in general and don't aprticularly give a sh*t but I've had at least 2 different arguments with staff in the square relating to pricing errors/discrepancies that nearly escalated to me being kicked out in the past.

Sorry, don't want to turn this into the tesco bashing thread! The Hobgoblin is very nice if you like a dark malty ale/porter, which I do! I normally make do with Bass for christmas or go up to Asda and get some Whitechapel porter (if it's on special when i'm up there), so delighted I got in on this 'offer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'm sure it would go down against the staff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

None in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a store in Dublin that currently has the 500ml bottles of Asahi in stock in the 5 for €10 sale? I've checked 4 different stores and no sign.

Dont know if you are still looking for this but they had it in Nutgrove this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

chasm wrote: »

Working in Tesco the only reason we take the incorrect price label away is because it's incorrect. It's not company/store policy to not refund the error in anyway, if it's legitimate then there will be no issue. Anyone doing anything else is enforcing there own laws in the store.

I have posted before on the causes of incorrect labels, out of date system and an undermanned team in systems.

If you have an issue, I suggest you write up a report on www.tescocomments.com trust me that site is taken seriously as it has an impact on the customer service ratings for the store.

In fact the least reported thing about Tesco is pricing errors and for the amount of complains on here, I find it pretty unbelievable. Number 1 is lack of availability.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement