Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Against the head

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I don't think I've ever heard such a cacophony of sh*te as I just heard from Hugh Cahill as he reviewed the Pro12 highlights. Good lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Hagz wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever heard such a cacophony of sh*te as I just heard from Hugh Cahill as he reviewed the Pro12 highlights. Good lord.

Thank god someone else heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Quinlan pushing ROG for The Lions. Is it the 1st April?..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hahahah. That was gas. Frankie's back three, Gilroy Ashton and Kearney, with BOD at 12 and Tuilagi at 13.

Hooker's pick the daftest teams!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Quint2010 wrote: »

:D Gatland would have anyone but ROG.

Interesting that all 3 agreed on how ponderous and slow Murray has been up until the Argentina match. It's frustrating that everyone, even Frankie Sheehan released we were playing like dinosaurs and it's taken the best part of 2 years to play to our strength again. You've got to think if everyone outside of the camp are thinking that, what were thinking inside it? Or what are they still thinking? i.e; is this a new dawn etc., etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Tox56 wrote: »
    What did he say?

Too much.....

Giving out to a Connacht player for tackling with their knees or something. Called Peter Nelson Michael Allen and said something like 'Red heads have all the looks' and then gave a wit too whistle. Said something about Ian Madigan having a conversation with the rugby ball because the match was so boring, so boring that scientists are using it as a cure for insomnia. I'm sure there's more but I feel my braincells dying off as I try and recount it.

Too much.....

Giving out to a Connacht player for tackling with their knees or something. Called Peter Nelson Michael Allen and said something like 'Red heads have all the looks' and then gave a wit too whistle. Said something about Ian Madigan having a conversation with the rugby ball because the match was so boring, so boring that scientists are using it as a cure for insomnia. I'm sure there's more but I feel my braincells dying off as I try and recount it.

Said something about the TMO for the Ulster game being Declan Kidney's BFF. :confused:

Actually the whole Pro12 bit is shocking. Okay, so there was no scores, so why not talk about some of the interesting points in the games. Like, how did SOB play at 8? Why were the Munster scrums malfunctioning? Who looked good for Connacht? The tales of the match etc., etc.

Trying far too hard to imitate the awful Fox 'plays of the week' for S15.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

.ak wrote: »

Trying far too hard to imitate the awful Fox 'plays of the week' for S15.

Are those the ones on Rugbydump cos I quite like them :eek:

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Are those the ones on Rugbydump cos I quite like them :eek:

Cringe!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Hahahah. That was gas. Frankie's back three, Gilroy Ashton and Kearney, with BOD at 12 and Tuilagi at 13.

Only 8 Irish players in their Lions XV :confused:. I'm appalled that as defending Grand Slam Champions and WC semi finalists that we don't have greater representation...............oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Agree, thought the discussions pretty lame for the most part just giving us the usual tripe without any interesting analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think you're wronging Frankie, he had to introduce it but the "Lions Team" was the panels' team.

Nice - this is available for ex-pats

http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/734/355038/

phog wrote: »
    I think you're wronging Frankie, he had to introduce it but the "Lions Team" was the panels' team.

Really? I thought each pundit got to pick their section. Hence when Mal picked Rees the other two didn't seem to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Quint2010 wrote: »

The context was that all the outhalfs (bar Sexton) were fairly rubbish and that Wilkinson & ROG had a good chance as any to go because of their experience and capability to lead a midweek team.

jm08 wrote: »
    The context was that all the outhalfs (bar Sexton) were fairly rubbish and that Wilkinson & ROG had a good chance as any to go because of their experience and capability to lead a midweek team.

Which is still a load of rubbish.

Wilko maybe in that context.... ROG will offer nothing but being an older lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

There's no such thing as a midweek team anymore, there's only one 'midweek' game during the tests. The games before the tests will be used to decide on the test team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_British_and_Irish_Lions_tour_to_Australia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Why can't RTE show action from the other tests? All we got were still pictures. OK they maybe don't hold the rights but BBC were able to show Argentina's try vs France with caption 'pictures courtesy of ESPN.' Why could RTE not have done this? Programme had too much chat and not enough match action and now won't return until end of January.

There's no such thing as a midweek team anymore, there's only one 'midweek' game during the tests. The games before the tests will be used to decide on the test team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_British_and_Irish_Lions_tour_to_Australia

Was that not always the case? Jonathan Sexton can't play every game. Quinlan probably was never going to be a test starter when he was selected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

There's no such thing as a midweek team anymore, there's only one 'midweek' game during the tests. The games before the tests will be used to decide on the test team
    There most certainly is a midweek squad for the Lions tour to Aussie, as with the previous, if memory serves me right.
    There are games taking place every three or four days. Not usually a game between 2nd and 3rd anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭phog

Really? I thought each pundit got to pick their section. Hence when Mal picked Rees the other two didn't seem to agree.

and Frankie said he'd put BOD at 13 but he was listed at 12

Why can't RTE show action from the other tests? All we got were still pictures. OK they maybe don't hold the rights but BBC were able to show Argentina's try vs France with caption 'pictures courtesy of ESPN.' Why could RTE not have done this? Programme had too much chat and not enough match action and now won't return until end of January.

Most people can get BBC in Ireland, so it would only be duplication.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Most people can get BBC in Ireland, so it would only be duplication.

Most people in Ireland could have seen Glasgow vs Leinster and Munster vs Scarlets yet they showed brief highlights of these.

Which is still a load of rubbish.

Wilko maybe in that context.... ROG will offer nothing but being an older lad.

How do you know what he has to offer on a Tour like this? There are other things at play here as well as playing skills. One plus, he seems to get on well with other players (at least no one seems to bitch about him in their books anyway).

Most people in Ireland could have seen Glasgow vs Leinster and Munster vs Scarlets yet they showed brief highlights of these.

Irish teams that they hold the highlight rights to. They have only shown the Ireland games this series

How do you know what he has to offer on a Tour like this? There are other things at play here as well as playing skills. One plus, he seems to get on well with other players (at least no one seems to bitch about him in their books anyway).

Okay, you list the reasons then - and please no off-field reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Okay, you list the reasons then - and please no off-field reasons.

Well if he offers anything like what he offered to Ireland during his appearances in the AI then maybe he should stay at home.

Especially after his contribution to the Lions tour last time......
    (He actually has a bit of a habit of kicking away possession when the clock has run out and his team is in search of points)

Advertisement