Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I see specs of Red on the aul radar :D

That'll be me :D
    I'm near the Knockmealdowns.

edit : 123 LC, that'd be me too :p
    although I thought I didn't want it this year, it is a bit of a hassle, but I'm all excited now. Dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Surely the Wicklow Mountains should get a further top up tonight. Mountainsandh - great pics, I'm surprised to see snow that low with the current temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

It's snowing here, right now,
    And since I know the old pics or GTFO, here yee go !

Date stamp on photo or preferably a photo of you holding todays paper while its snowing in the background please or GTFO.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

West Wicklow should get some 600m above sea level here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Surely the Wicklow Mountains should get a further top up tonight. Mountainsandh - great pics, I'm surprised to see snow that low with the current temps.

I reckon we will see the Wicklow Mtns with a light covering tomorrow. The weather amateurs on the other threads seem to have mix views on the current setup but hopefully we will see interesting charts during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Pangea wrote: »

Date stamp on photo or preferably a photo of you holding todays paper while its snowing in the background please or GTFO.
    Ha ha, you really don't ask for much! :) not a Very trusting person :D

Right that's it, that's my last one for tonight, that snow is very wet at this stage, and I can't feel my index anymore, I hope you're happy now ! :D:D:D
    8218996838_3835d63e9e_c.jpg
    IMGP5264 by mountainsandheather, on Flickr

see ? I'm willing to share !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Right that's it, that's my last one for tonight, that snow is very wet at this stage, and I can't feel my index anymore, I hope you're happy now ! :D:D:D

Excellent!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Pwned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

jo06555 wrote: »
    Where in Waterford are you ?? I'm in city and only rain :(

I'm in east cork! Not a sausage :(

• Advertisement

Up a bit higher is where you want to be really...

It's turned back to rain now I think, can't see flakes from where I'm sat (and I ain't movin' no no no Sir Pangea), but I still hear some lashing here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

o5xggk.gif

Nice work! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

Mountainsandh, high five, snow-bunny style!

230151.jpg

the things you'll do on adrenaline... don't know how I'm going to sleep now.

It's weird, I had the curtains all closed, and the only way I noticed was the dog (we only have him since Feb last year so he has never seen snow) started barking as if there was someone out, so I had a look out just to check. He must have felt the difference between snow and rain somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Deep Freeze begins on Saturday, keep the faith, believe. It's going to happen. Post modern winter. Things have changed.

Any more cliches?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Deep Freeze begins on Saturday, keep the faith, believe. It's going to happen. Post modern winter. Things have changed.

Any more cliches?

I have to admire your optimism WC. :D

I think this one is well beyond the point of rescue myself but there will still be time for another potential setup around mid-December, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

For the time being, to the rampers I would quote Corporal Hicks to Ripley....

"You've blown the transaxle, ease down, ease down, you're only grinding metal!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Classic model output last night. Alot of people thought we had fallen into the abyss of the euro high, then this moening on the 0z run resurrection...and now 12z battle ground sernario. Always and has been since model watching begain the bigger the changes swings and roundabouts the bigger the upcoming cold period........i hope:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Meltdown in the model thread on netweather..i love it.... happens every year..lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Got a link to the aforementioned thread?

Got a link to the aforementioned thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056666234

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If the UKM is right, we have snow showers pushing on to the east coast from Saturday morning. Appreciating as we move through to evening. Temperatures down to -10c inland by Sunday night.

Could winter just be a few days away or are things going to take another twist!?

UKM is being bullish!

So much uncertainty, not good for the ticker!

If the UKM is right, we have snow showers pushing on to the east coast from Saturday morning. Appreciating as we move through to evening. Temperatures down to -10c inland by Sunday night.

Could winter just be a few days away or are things going to take another twist!?

UKM is being bullish!

So much uncertainty, not good for the ticker!
    pad199207 wrote: »
    I see the UKMO is still refusing to do away with the blocked pattern... Hon the Brits!! :D

Just waiting for the big ECM this evening!

Is this another model to look at to help see what the big change will be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

met eireann have changed their weather forecast 3 times today!

2 to minus 2c this morning for tonight

0 to 2c this afternoon for tonight

now 1 to 4c for tonight

crazy

ECM 12z rolling out. Initial signs are positive.

Meanwhile over on Netweather.... (except there's over 800 of them!)

Meerkat-family-group.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Rougies wrote: »
    ECM 12z rolling out. Initial signs are positive.

Meanwhile over on Netweather.... (except there's over 800 of them!)

Meerkat-family-group.jpg

is the eagle hovering overhead?!

He is indeed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Rougies wrote: »
    He is indeed ;)

Not such a positive ending! Oh well another 12 hours for the next ECM spectacle..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

John Eagleton? Making a comeback with -10c weather? Huzzah!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement