Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What is up with auctions on eBay ending up costing more than the same item on buy it nows?
    Yoshi Island this morning went for at least €10 more than one in similar condition on a BIN listing.
    Is it madness or stupidity?

Maybe a case of "this bastard that's bidding against me shall not have this item!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Before you bid on anything, you should search BINs and see what you can get it for straight up. Then use that as a max bid.

This is just simple common sense.

I see items ending all the time for more than BIN prices like you're saying.

The way I look at it is this, to have 'average intelligence', you need a whole lot of people who are below it...

Unfortunately, (probably due to Apple insisting that even a monkey should be able to use a PC), they're all on the bloody internet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's bleedin' frustrating though.

I have a simple dream and that is to get the games I want, in nice condition and for a cheap price.
    Is that too much to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Is that too much to ask?

Evidently yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The best thing is track the game you want for a while through completed listings, a few months is better than a few days. Then you know what to give for it, if you rush out mad to get a game you can end up paying to much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Given my typical tipple at Beers I should probably change my username to StrangeNRGdrinkMan....
    I also have a habit of dozing off at Beers, in spite of all the caffeine floating around in my bloodstream... I must have built up a resistance!

Let's hope most of you come to the Judasday Beers in mine, and keep me awake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Let's hope most of you come to the Judasday Beers in mine, and keep me awake!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNWOTTIjseWc12PCOpLGkH5VqJE6sCABVJ0VDWW43yEM4te96T:pac:

Monkeykube wrote: »
    The best thing is track the game you want for a while through completed listings, a few months is better than a few days. Then you know what to give for it, if you rush out mad to get a game you can end up paying to much.

Oh yeah I know, been tracking some games for ages trying to get them for a nice price.

Got seriously pounded today. Lost four auctions this morning and a few more tonight.
    One was for Adventure Island on SNES. It was at £12 with a minute to go and with 10 seconds left I bid £32, which was more than I initially earmarked for it but the box was perfect and I hadn't seen one in ages in such condition.
    Normally I wouldn't do 10 seconds it would be more like 4 but I was out in the girlfriends house in the middle of nowhere and speeds wouldn't be spectacular.
    Sure enough with 2 seconds left I got outbid.

Does anyone here use ebay sniping tools? Which is best if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Does anyone here use ebay sniping tools? Which is best if so?

Jack-Burton.jpg

Its all in the reflexes

Master of the Universe

They take all the fun out of ebay.

With ebay apps on smart phones now, there's never any reason to miss a snipe! ;)

• Advertisement

I'm just suffering from a severe lack of confidence in my abilities. I failed the test and have been found wanting.

Master of the Universe

4 seconds is about the right time if you have a good connection. I even manage to get it at 4 on my phone. Unless the connection drops of course.

If you're outbid at 2 seconds though it just wasn't meant to be. Just write those ones off, you were never going to win them for the amount you wanted to pay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    4 seconds is about the right time if you have a good connection. I even manage to get it at 4 on my phone. Unless the connection drops of course.

If you're outbid at 2 seconds though it just wasn't meant to be. Just write those ones off, you were never going to win them for the amount you wanted to pay.

Lol I usually only risk it as far as 8 seconds left (sh1tty connection down here and all). Haven't eBayed in a while but the adrenaline does be pumping in those final moments. :pac:

Lovely E2 for sale. Sounds like it wasn't being used for vert games at all. :confused:
    Wrong side of the Atlantic though. :(

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43568

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lovely E2 for sale. Sounds like it wasn't being used for vert games at all. :confused:
    Wrong side of the Atlantic though. :(

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43568

Decent to see he's selling it so someone can get use out of the rotate feature.

I'd say you'd murder for one of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

The way I look at it is this, to have 'average intelligence', you need a whole lot of people who are below it...
    snip
    I loled :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If anyone has ever seen the bell curve of human intelligence you'd see that most people are grouped together with only small differences in IQ between them.
    The very intelligent and people with an ID are grouped then further along the axis in each direction.

And for those with the means, a copy of Progear is up for sale on eBay, currently at €156 with 3 days to go.
    It includes both A+B boards.
    I can't link to it but here's the auction number

If I had the fundage I'd get it myself!

If anyone has ever seen the bell curve of human intelligence you'd see that most people are grouped together with only small differences in IQ between them.
    The very intelligent and people with an ID are grouped then further along the axis in each direction.

And for those with the means, a copy of Progear is up for sale on eBay, currently at €156 with 3 days to go.
    It includes both A+B boards.
    I can't link to it but here's the auction number

If I had the fundage I'd get it myself!

If anyone was going to bid on that they'd want to get pictures of the internals to make sure it's not a conversion or boot. Progear is ripe for that crap. He's also selling that Golden Axe 2 I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Hmm, not exactly a bargain but I was in the Rage for the first time in ages tonight and they have a boxed 3DO FZ1 for 150 quid.
    Not sure of the condition of the console but the box was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Who's taking bets on €150 being the price of the box itself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Steve SI wrote: »
    Hmm, not exactly a bargain but I was in the Rage for the first time in ages tonight and they have a boxed 3DO FZ1 for 150 quid.
    Not sure of the condition of the console but the box was ok.

doing some "research" for your own shop?

doing some "research" for your own shop?
    No, just fancied something retro and thought I'd have a look as I was doing some food shopping in Fallon and Byrne around the corner from Rage.

Picked up a decent condition copy of StarBlade for the 3DO for €10.

Ah Starblade, I frakking love that game.
    Burning Soldier was another one.
    I know they are on rails but they were great.
    Megarace was awful though.

Ah Starblade, I frakking love that game.
    Burning Soldier was another one.
    I know they are on rails but they were great.
    Megarace was awful though.

I'm a big fan as well. It is an "on the rails" game but it just has something to it.
    I actually got pretty lucky with the one I got in Rage, the disc is in mint condition with not a single mark on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Love Starblade aswell, something really 'arcadey' about it. I remember they had the sit in Starblade cab in Quirkeys...noise was deafening from it but in that good acrade deafening way

I was also that soldier, the cab to me is as iconic as the sit down Star Wars cab... as controversial as that might be, awesome spleen rattling bass in that one!

Master of the Universe

Anyone see this sealed Super Mario World?

Currently on over 8k sterling

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150949098281

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That's insane... nobody show that to rage...

Seller has 0% feedback, I'd be nervous getting anything over €100 from him/her let alone €8000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not sure if serious, but will play along anyway.

the seller has 169 feedback, but just shows as 0% as they havent sold anything for over a year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement