Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,454 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's a model :p One of those little Gashapon thingies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It could be but something is telling me that there's a chance that it might not could be a model of a twin famicom and that it might possibly could be in fact not a model.

Master of the Universe

I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

If it's not a model, then some odd ball is using tilt shift photography on their ebay pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

more examples of well built cabs with horribly small screens

https://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-machines/2319526
    They look like poker machine conversions, have a look at the control panels, crazy angle, you couldn't play comfortably on that:eek:
    LCDs in cabinets are just wrong, played on the cabinet in the Thomas house and its dreadful, not to mention the screen was cut across the whole bottom

o1s1n wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

If it's not a model, then some odd ball is using tilt shift photography on their ebay pictures.
    Fairly straight forward.

It's a model. Check the controller. I was confused for a day.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Fairly straight forward.

It's a model. Check the controller. I was confused for a day.

I know it's a model. That's not what confused me. What confused me was your nonsensical drunken post :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, drunken poorly parsed posts....

Looks like someone has competition!

I know it's a model. That's not what confused me. What confused me was your nonsensical drunken post :pac:

Oh I know you knew it was a model, I meant that my post that confused you was fairly straight forward.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ok.... can we move past this model/not a model/can't believe it's not a model/I told you I didn't think it wasn't a model/Atari Jaguar discussion now?

I sure wish Retr0's CDi was a model, then we wouldn't have to see any games on it....

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I meant that my post that confused you was fairly straight forward.
    It might not could be...it might possibly could be in fact not

I really hope you did that on purpose, as I tip my had at your ability to combine so many positives and negatives into one sentence. It's still putting my head in a spin :D
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I sure wish Retr0's CDi was a model, then we wouldn't have to see any games on it....

Ah here, leave it out!

Back to the topic at hand

Quite possibly the most expensive videogames plush about

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Starfox-Starwing-Falco-plush-toy-SNES-Super-Nintendo-Famicom-merchandise-/300814932641

Sealed power glove!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-NINTENDO-NES-POWER-GLOVE-VERY-RARE-TO-FIND-SEALED-/150943957987

Dev will...with content on the HDD!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-development-RVT-H-BOXED-HDD-w-content-/281020837308?item=281020837308&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=AzOQCP63SAwGck0u4ezzHZw6SPo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This is pretty funky. A Neo Geo 'Collector box' with two laserdiscs among other things

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190754297391

Most certainly was purposely done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only Famicom that supports s-video and can be modded to support RGB:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sharp-AN-510-FAMICOM-RGB-Titler-console-boxed-prestine-condition-Super-RARE-/321026563609?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item4abeac9e19

Well the shipping price isn't bad but jesus it ain't worth that much.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The only Famicom that supports s-video and can be modded to support RGB:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sharp-AN-510-FAMICOM-RGB-Titler-console-boxed-prestine-condition-Super-RARE-/321026563609?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item4abeac9e19

Well the shipping price isn't bad but jesus it ain't worth that much.

The shipping is indeed reasonable. It's kind of the reverse of the list item cost high shipping scam off eBay. It sells for over €600 does it not though?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The shipping is indeed reasonable. It's kind of the reverse of the list item cost high shipping scam off eBay. It sells for over €600 does it not though?

On Western sites, pretty sure it's a bit more reasonable in japan. Would love to have one, maybe I'll fit in getting one with a holiday to japan :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    On Western sites, pretty sure it's a bit more reasonable in japan. Would love to have one, maybe I'll fit in getting one with a holiday to japan :)

It is fairly nice for sure. So many variations of the famicom as well; twin famicom, av famicom and that tv combo just to name a few.
    I'm thinking of getting either the twin or AV model.
    A working model now not a model model.

Master of the Universe

Master of the Universe

3DO, gods own console dammit!
    Unfortunately the range of games is poor, PO'ed is overrated and Gex is terrible.
    Space Hulk is nice but also done on other consoles and Flashback is, well, Flashback.
    At least you get the excellent sampler disk and there are ample resources out there for "obtaining" more games....
    Remember kids, Piracy is wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Not real bargains but a Raiden DX for €119,- is not half bad these days ,

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43555

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I see Andrew76 got in there pretty sharpish!

Shame I'm broke this month after far too many purchases, would have like that myself.

Although, depends which version it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

A 3DO is for sale in Ireland? WOW!

Personally I'd rather smear my own shít on the walls and play with that instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I see Andrew76 got in there pretty sharpish!

Shame I'm broke this month after far too many purchases, would have like that myself.

Although, depends which version it is.

Huh? No idea who that Usagi76 chap is.

<_<
    >_>

Bit of back and forth with the seller and it might actually be the case that what he thought was a working DX is actually just Raiden II. DX with no sound might be the only DX one. He's also going to check the region.

I'll let you know anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I remember once upon a lift to beers chatting with Andrew, and him expressing little to no interest in smutty shmup ways.

Look at him now! We should be collectively proud we've converted him to the way of pew pew pew - he may even put most of us to shame with his dedication to the cause :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I remember once upon a lift to beers chatting with Andrew, and him expressing little to no interest in smutty shmup ways.

Look at him now! We should be collectively proud we've converted him to the way of pew pew pew - he may even put most of us to shame with his dedication to the cause :)

Yeah that must be a few years ago now?

What triggered the interest proper was watching o1s1n & Augmerson (?) playing Raiden, before the latter fell asleep. Loved the look of it and still my favourite shmup to this day. Old school ftw. :cool:

My first beers that was, retr0 the host. Cidey with his Hawaiian shirt, bag of GBA stuff, modded Nomad and some strange energy drink. I thought Sera and atavan were an item as they seemed very friendly and yapped in a foreign language most of the night (turns out it was Pokemon related). retr0 obv had other plans afoot. :pac: Good craic.

Master of the Universe

Well there you have it, turning Andrew76 on to the Raiden series. My proudest achievement in life :D

I've been banging on for years to people about how good those games are. Nice someone finally listened!

I'm pretty sure Augmerson has fallen asleep at every beers he's been to - even his own :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well there you have it, turning Andrew76 on to the Raiden series. My proudest achievement in life :D

:eek:

Master of the Universe

I've been banging on for years to people about how good those games are. Nice someone finally listened!

I'm pretty sure
    Augmerson has fallen asleep at every beers he's been to - even his own :pac:

Thanks for not using this one :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thanks for not using this one :D

You're not invited to beers anymore :P

• Advertisement

What is up with auctions on eBay ending up costing more than the same item on buy it nows?
    Yoshi Island this morning went for at least €10 more than one in similar condition on a BIN listing.
    Is it madness or stupidity?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement