Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

richie_os wrote: »
    Well you specifically mentioned 'my behaviour' so you'll have to excuse me for thinking that.
    Good to see things are still the same on boards.

Ok well I'll try to explain and sorry if I caused any offence.

Your consumer behaviour in regards to wether you choose to shop with The R.A.G.E. or some other superfluous website with a decent checkout system and sane pricing scheme is the exact thing that we've talked about on numerous occasions.

The R.A.G.E way of doing things online is just too awkward for anybody to take seriously and you reminded both myself and EnterNow of that. I can only speak for myself but I'd imagine that's what happened with EnterNow too.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Also EnterNow that GoodGuyGreg bloke is an awful eejit posting on your Dreamcast ad... and he may have been me playing the ultimate parody of an Adverts user.

Sorry about that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

Achilles wrote: »
    Ok well I'll try to explain and sorry if I caused any offence.

Your consumer behaviour in regards to wether you choose to shop with The R.A.G.E. or some other superfluous website with a decent checkout system and sane pricing scheme is the exact thing that we've talked about on numerous occasions.

The R.A.G.E way of doing things online is just too awkward for anybody to take seriously and you reminded both myself and EnterNow of that. I can only speak for myself but I'd imagine that's what happened with EnterNow too.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Also EnterNow that GoodGuyGreg bloke is an awful eejit posting on your Dreamcast ad... and he may have been me playing the ultimate parody of an Adverts user.

Sorry, completely misunderstood your original comment. That clears it up.

Achilles wrote: »
    GoodGuyGreg bloke is an awful eejit posting on your Dreamcast ad... and he may have been me playing the ultimate parody of an Adverts user.

Ah I see, I was wondering what kind of opiate that user was consuming alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ah I see, I was wondering what kind of opiate that user was consuming alright :D

The only kind there is...

Working in an IT department.

• Advertisement

In all seriousness guys I am involved in super retro world, I just thought mentioning that might change reactions on here but you lads seem sound.

So i would love to hear any opinions that you have about the site.

I basically wanted to do something like this but in a much improved way to companies like RAGE

In all seriousness guys I am involved in super retro world

No kidding :D

The site is grand, prices seem pretty good, free postage is a real nice plus! You need more stock obviously though which I assume you'll be working on getting. Fair play for putting the effort in & getting a dedicated site up & running though.

Looking forward to seeing how it develops :)

Thanks a lot. Yeah thats just my starting stock, I already have more coming in this week and everything will be reinvested untill i have at least one of everything.

Thanks for the positive comments!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Advertising a company through Boards is against rules.
    Being deceptive and telling untruths about being the owner or partner in the company is very bad form.

As I have said, Richie you are lucky you aren't banned for spamming the site.

Being upfront got Rage a chance to recommend stock to the forum users here.
    You have not been upfront so I don't think it's appropriate that you discuss the site here any further tbh.

Those that are interested know where it is not, but that's all I want to here of it now.

Any further posts on the subject will result in censure.

Mod

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Advertising a company through Boards is against rules.
    Being deceptive and telling untruths about being the owner or partner in the company is very bad form.

As I have said, Richie you are lucky you aren't banned for spamming the site.

Being upfront got Rage a chance to recommend stock to the forum users here.
    You have not been upfront so I don't think it's appropriate that you discuss the site here any further tbh.

Those that are interested know where it is not, but that's all I want to here of it now.

Any further posts on the subject will result in censure.

Mod

Apologies, I know it is against rules to do that generally on boards but i thought that this thread was for advertising as the title of the thread is 'Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links' So i didn't think linking to something as relevant would be breaking rules.

I also saw it done throughout the thread.

But again I apologize and you can feel free to remove any of my comments, there was no malice intended on my part.

• Advertisement

Also I think it was quite obvious that I wasn't aware that I was breaking any rules so a bit of leniency wouldn't go amiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Also I think it was quite obvious that I wasn't aware that I was breaking any rules so a bit of leniency wouldn't go amiss

Well, no offence, and I'm not making this personal, if you believed you weren't breaking any rules why would you feel the need to advertise the site whilst appearing to be a customer acting on a friends recommendation?
    This is not the action of someone using a supposed service of the A&R forum, to link to online stores, auctions and trades.
    This was someone seeking to increase traffic to his own enterprise, not a simple ad on Adverts, an auction on ebay or a bargain seen in a bricks and mortar or online shop.

When have seen links to other shops and sites, these have been links by users with no commercial objective, including those who are selling or trading their own items, in auctions or on adverts.

Once again, had you said in the first instance that this was a new enterprise of yours and that you would like to promote it, the answer would probably have been yes, but you didn't.

Leniency has been shown, it could have been a ban, if not should have been
    This is the last that I will say on the subject so we'll let that be the final word.

more examples of well built cabs with horribly small screens

https://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-machines/2319526

• Registered Users Posts: 34,530 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Figure out what the worst game in the lot is.

He probably has a box of them and is trying to unload them all for $18 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

more examples of well built cabs with horribly small screens

https://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-machines/2319526

Very nice little cabs, bigger screen in them and they would be really lovely!

Master of the Universe

They're real Jamma cabs - Mitchomagic cleaned them up and stuck in some new monitors.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

From the link:
    Please do not make any requests as you are not able to choose which game from the list you receive with this auction. I will NOT be able to single out any particular game or games.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone going to take the plunge and get something?

Maybe I'm searching wrong, but I can't seem to find any decent priced Famicom's on ebay. In fact there's very few of them showing up at all. There's one p1ss yellow one thats showing up for alright money, but its in Hong Kong...I'd have doubts about buying a hairbrush from Hong Kong, let alone something electrical!

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Maybe I'm searching wrong, but I can't seem to find any decent priced Famicom's on ebay. In fact there's very few of them showing up at all. There's one p1ss yellow one thats showing up for alright money, but its in Hong Kong...I'd have doubts about buying a hairbrush from Hong Kong, let alone something electrical!

Fancy swapping something for that boxed one I picked up last week?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Fancy swapping something for that boxed one I picked up last week?

Ya not feeling the Familove no? You after anything in particular?

Master of the Universe

It's still out in the folks, havent had a chance to even look at it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone know what would be the best option for postage of consoles (saturn and dreamcast in particular) from the UK if I were to arrange my own delivery of purchases on Ebay.

I'm aware of Parcelmotel but I'm in Donegal so its not an option, I need them delivered to my door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone know what would be the best option for postage of consoles (saturn and dreamcast in particular) from the UK if I were to arrange my own delivery of purchases on Ebay.

I'm aware of Parcelmotel but I'm in Donegal so its not an option, I need them delivered to my door.

Interparcel.com

Would be about £20 door-to-door.

if you're near enough to the border, get them to send them via Collect+ (£3.99 for up to 10kg), and then go collect them from the collection point (eg. Strabane, Derry, etc)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/massive-nintendo-super-famicom-snes-jap-game-bundle-92-games-some-new-sealed/1002768247

Might be worth getting if you can get a list of the games.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/megaman-x3-game--snes-pal-super-nintendo--near-mint/1002628154

'my now ex-partner', reminds me of that bit in High Fidelity where the Lady is selling her Husbands record collection.

• Advertisement

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/251184210785?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_689

I think I'm drunk all ready, as I can't figure out if that's an actual twin famicom or some sort of model.
    Postage is only €4.50 but is the seller just really cheap on post?
    Also it's not under consoles in the listings.
    Also my judgement is impaired, should I throw down some massive bids?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement