Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Black Ops 2] MegaBitch Thread

• 10-11-2012 2:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Too soon?

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Way too overpowered!!

French Campers!

Lag!

Ghost!

Hit Markers!!

Quickscopers!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Maps need to be bigger. Spawns are so predictable.

Guns need to be more powerful, takes about 10-12 bullets to kill someone.

Matchmaking needs to be better and not put you in games that are as good as done.

Guns need recoil. Not more recoil cause that would give the impression there was some to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Matchmaking needs to be better and not put you in games that are as good as done.

Guns need recoil. Not more recoil cause that would give the impression there was some to begin with.

Are the spawns more like previous COD games or all over the place like MW3? the spawns were awful in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Small maps are always the best maps

krudler wrote: »
    Are the spawns more like previous COD games or all over the place like MW3? the spawns were awful in that.

My opinion so far is only from a small sample size of games but it reminds me of demolition on Black Ops 1. For the record I was playing TDM. Last night I rushed the spawn, picked up a triple and then they spawned right there again in front of me.

• Advertisement

NinjaK wrote: »
    Small maps are always the best maps

Indeed, Salvage, Scrapyard etc are great, not many places for campers. cant stand huge maps like Derail or Fuel, just a chore to get around.

Concerned about the servers not being up yet. Blops 1 had a closed beta to test the game and we all know the result of that. I predict a bumpy launch. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Its why I'm waiting a few days before getting into the multiplayer, launch night is a clusterfcuk, always.

Concerned about the servers not being up yet. Blops 1 had a closed beta to test the game and we all know the result of that. I predict a bumpy launch. Hopefully i'm wrong.

The servers are up. I was playing online last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The servers have been up since Friday, theres people prestiged already.

Anyway I think the Snipers are far too easy to use, any decent sniper will have a field day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

iMuse wrote: »
    The servers have been up since Friday, theres people prestiged already.

Anyway I think the Snipers are far too easy to use, any decent sniper will have a field day

Easy compared to what ? Like are they easier to use than SMG's or AR's ? If so, that could be a problem. Tho, i can't see that being the case, especially since the maps are apparently quite small compared to previous versions of CoD.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Easy compared to what ?

Blops 1, They are on par with MW2/MW3, The DSR might actually be even easier to use than the intervention in MW2, less hitmarkers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

My opinion so far is only from a small sample size of games but it reminds me of demolition on Black Ops 1. For the record I was playing TDM. Last night I rushed the spawn, picked up a triple and then they spawned right there again in front of me.

Cool that the severs are up. Did you run into Whiteboy, Woody, Thunder, Jnasty, any of the OpTic guys, seananners, hutch...anyone? The people playing must be thin on the ground this early.

That laser sight attachment is insane for close quarter. It blows steady aim out of the water.

iMuse wrote: »
    Blops 1, They are on par with MW2/MW3, The DSR might actually be even easier to use than the intervention in MW2, less hitmarkers.

I wouldn't really consider that too easy then imo.. i'll wait till i try it out tho before judging it. Glad that there are less hitmarkers thats for sure.

I don't think sniping is as bad as MW2/3 but a lot of people are running snipers. Got quickscoped once last night in the whole session.

It's easier than Black Ops I but not as easy as MW2/3

Sounds good... looking forward to giving it a bash during the week...

Dont really like how domination is timed now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

My serious bitch about this is game is... that I don't have it yet :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

what are the connections like and the matchmaking?Any lag/lag comp? Presume its much better than mw3.

Meatwad wrote: »
    what are the connections like and the matchmaking?Any lag/lag comp? Presume its much better than mw3.

great so far (ps3) been in a few games where everyone is on 4 bars. it loads super fast as well, compared to how Blops1 was laggy as hell on launch its a nice change. matchmaking seems ok, was lvl 9 and the highest rank i was in with was 16, am 16 myself now and the highest rank i was with was 25 so not major differences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

That laser sight attachment is insane for close quarter. It blows steady aim out of the water.

Laser attachment on a silenced Scorpion EVO. Is ridiculously quick, no time at all to react to that..

Ah well, still enjoying it so far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

krudler wrote: »

great so far (ps3) been in a few games where everyone is on 4 bars. it loads super fast as well, compared to how Blops1 was laggy as hell on launch its a nice change. matchmaking seems ok, was lvl 9 and the highest rank i was in with was 16, am 16 myself now and the highest rank i was with was 25 so not major differences.

4 Bar means nothing on treyarch games IMO. I remember when blops 1st came out......everyone was on a 4 bar at the start too, even with people teleporting around the map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,027 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

4 Bar means nothing on treyarch games IMO. I remember when blops 1st came out......everyone was on a 4 bar at the start too, even with people teleporting around the map.

Rubbish 4 bars on Blops and worked fine 3 bars and connection was questionable.

Blops2 has been extremely stable since I got it yesterday at 4pm, even after the hoards started started signing into MP after midnight it worked fine and today with US players on line it's still working fine for me and anyone I've been playing it! Fair play to Treyarch great effort for making sure the title launch went smoothly:)

Havent seen much lag at all, early days and all that but its running reall smoothly, 205k people online right now and nothing less than 3 bars in any match i've been in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I keep getting a message saying "the COD servers are currently unavailable",getting it all day and can't get online....was fine last night though. P!ssing me off now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just played 2 games, 1 game of Free for All and 1 Nuketown, Free for All wasn't bad, Nuketown was laggey as a laggey thing on laggey day, up to level 7 after 2 games though, seems way too easy to level up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Clareman wrote: »
    Just played 2 games, 1 game of Free for All and 1 Nuketown, Free for All wasn't bad, Nuketown was laggey as a laggey thing on laggey day, up to level 7 after 2 games though, seems way too easy to level up now

The 1st few levels are always quick but then slow down as they go on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

FFA Nuketown 2025 is......... interesting!

Spawn EVERYWHERE!!!

How many in FFA? Still 9?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Is the game freezing for anyone else? I have to power off my ps3:mad: Connection seems terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Takes forevvvveerrrr to join any game
    Same happened during Black Ops 1 for me :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Being in the emblem editor when it tries to get you into a game is a game breaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Takes forevvvveerrrr to join any game
    Same happened during Black Ops 1 for me :/

do you have open nat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

That map on the boat, whatever its called. Its horrible for domination.

Headshot wrote: »
    do you have open nat?

Yeah think so. Odd thing is i seem to easily get into core hardcore and nuketown playlists fairly easy but I haven't played any of the others as i've been waiting way too long to get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Not a fan of the sound of the guns. The 'silencer' sounds like those children's toy machine guns you get in pound shops.

Then I had the Galil in zombies and it sounds terrible compared to Black Ops 1 Galil which had a beastly sound.

Spawns in FFA are a bit dodgy at times, especially on Hijacked.

Sound whoring is virtually gone out the window, which is bitter sweet.

Other than that I have nothing to complain about, I haven't encountered that many campers either.

Also, I seem to die instantly but when I shoot someone it takes a bit longer. Maybe its my accuracy.

that map Crisis is basically the same one as the one where the missile launches in Blops1, feels identical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Spawns aren't great, that's for sure.

Sounds are alright but soundwhoring is gone, boo!

Headglitching EVERYWHERE. There's just so much stuff to sit behind. :mad:

Cossax wrote: »
    Spawns aren't great, that's for sure.

Sounds are alright but soundwhoring is gone, boo!

Headglitching EVERYWHERE. There's just so much stuff to sit behind. :mad:

yeah the maps are very quiet aside from the gun and grenade noise, if there's any downtime between people shooting the maps are almost silent, least the footsteps are in sync now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Van thingy was saying last night that you can sound whore, but you have to mess around with the settings in the options menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I've been playing for about 2-3 hours... and so far I don't like it... being honest i was like this with MW3 until i got to know it.

But so far I don't like the way it takes to many bullets to kill a person.
    and
    I don't like the graphics --- they feel to cartoony to me.. maybe it's just all the bright colours !!

Hope it grows on me..

Puts full clip into someone, they turn around and drop me in 1 bullet. 4 Bar connection and struggling to win a 1 v1 gunfight. Anyone else having hit detection problems?

Turbine is a horrible map. Suppose to be big but all you can do it go up the sides. Bad design. The Downturn of Black ops 2

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Sweet mother of jebus..20 straight minutes of trying to jump into TDM and still waiting. My controller timed out twice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Servers went down for me after one on the Xbox.was time to go off anyway.

Aye it's impossible for me to get into a zombie mode online it seems
    Although the regular online is grand for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 deadmanshand08

NeVeR wrote: »
    I've been playing for about 2-3 hours... and so far I don't like it... being honest i was like this with MW3 until i got to know it.

But so far I don't like the way it takes to many bullets to kill a person.
    and
    I don't like the graphics --- they feel to cartoony to me.. maybe it's just all the bright colours !!

Hope it grows on me..

Gotta agree on graphics .. quite cartoony alright .. very different from dreayness of mw3 .. hope it ll grow on me too cause quite enjoying gameplay !

The amount of head glitch spots are my only problem so far

Too many random barrels around corners for the head glitch. The sound is completely f*cked. A guy jumps off the top deck on Hijacked onto the ground and shoots me from behind. i never even heard him pounce with my Trittons. And he wasn't using Ninja.

If they sorted out the sound and the amount of bullets it takes to kill someone, it would be a great game.

Drone seems like a discarded map from Black ops 1, a complete mess.

Maps are too small to try for high score streaks. And bad spawns add to that.

Combat Record is awkward to get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

After another few hours of play the Spawns on some maps and stupid.. you die and spawn a few feet away from the person that killed you...

Also played about 2 hours solid Nuketown... love that map :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement