Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Black Ops 2] MegaBitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

battser wrote: »
    Anyone on xbox see a bug whereby your classes get wiped? Has happened me once.

Yep, happened me at 2pm, then the whole game froze.

Also noticed it takes ages to join a game with friends.

Great game so far but I'm seriously struggling!

Seems like 3 bullets will kill me and the opponent takes 10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Played for an hour tonight. You can head glitch everywhere on the maps. A lot of camping going on and I was suffering from the 1 shot insta-kill. Hit detection is a bit flakey at times. Didn't have any host migrations surprisingly but did somehow end up in a lobby with North Americans towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Waited 30 mins to get into hardcore team deathmatch, gave up and tried searching for a normal team game
    Got a game in 10 seconds :/

Anyone else thinking they will put on Ghost at 55 and never take it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Rojomcdojo wrote: »

Yep 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

Got it just for zombies and its pretty disappointing. It feels very unresponsive compared to the first one. The guns are like cartoon versions of what I'm used to and that business of every fecking thing being on fire is annoying as is the business of the fog that you can't run through without getting jumped by a face sucker ala Alien. Would be great to be able to run through that whole map being chased on foot by a horde, instead of hopping on the number 9 bus. Finished the single player in about 9-10 hours on normal and found it to be the easiest shooter in a long time and boring as hell. Too many cut scenes and "press X" automated junk for this and that, as well as a pretty stupid and unrealistic story. It's only 13 years in the future and they have MGS style camo jobs. Even though its a game, I think they went too much for an imitation of Halo. Not going to bother hanging onto it for much longer or playing MP. Lot's of talk about it being fixed in the patches coming out but I am just about fed up with buying a game that's half finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Just saw on Raimpstage's youtube channel he has already come across a hacker apparently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mBl-s_OlQ

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No.

Taking the easy route doesn't interest me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

farna_boy wrote: »
    Just saw on Raimpstage's youtube channel he has already come across a hacker apparently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mBl-s_OlQ

Thats on PC, i wouldn't worry too much if your a console user. As long as treyarch actually ban cheaters it'll be quite rare, quite risky considering how much the game costs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't get anything more than a two bar connection :mad:

I never had this problem before. I'll try tomorrow evening and if I can't get any better then Bye Bye COD.... Hello Hitman :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

The first BO was crap and so is this, not surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Resolution capped at 4096 wide? WTF. So cant run triple screen. Another 60 quid down the drain.
    Why do they keep making the same mistakes over and over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Waited 30 mins to get into hardcore team deathmatch, gave up and tried searching for a normal team game
    Got a game in 10 seconds :/

Hardcore? Christ the core mode feels like hardcore to me lol you die way too fast.

I'm getting raped at close range by assault rifles even when I'm hip firing with the laser sight! When I look at their view.....I'm not shooting anywhere near them. Annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Lag compensation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Would you not loose it when/if you prestiged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Has anyone else noticed when you get spawned into a game that has already started you can't pick your own weapon class which you created?? Was happening to me last night.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I would hope so, but they've changed prestige up a bit as far as I know so you might be able to keep a few things. Even in MW3 you could use a token to unlock anything you want straight away (might not have worked for perks though).

I'm loving that very few people are using ghost at the moment, it's nice to actually have my killstreaks do something for a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

If ye want to know what it's going to be like when everyone has ghost unlocked, play League Play.

Everything in create-a-class in unlocked no matter what level you are. Usually 4 out of the 6 enemies had ghost on.

I played 5 games in different lobbies and it was like that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If ye want to know what it's going to be like when everyone has ghost unlocked, play League Play.

Everything in create-a-class in unlocked no matter what level you are. Usually 4 out of the 6 enemies had ghost on.

I played 5 games in different lobbies and it was like that.

Ah balls, I was hoping it was all just unlocked for the 5 games you have to play at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Loving it so far, my only complaint being that the sniper rifles are far too forgiving. You'd rarely see them in BLOPs - probably the only COD where I didn't use a sniper class on any map - but they're everywhere here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

30258239.jpg

To people complaining about ghost - exactly how powerful do you think the lowest kill streak should be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I think they should up the score needed for a uav by an extra 100, Would reduce UAV spam. I think there should be no uav in the game but thats not going to happen.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Damn you Battlefield 3 for ruining my reaction speed needed for this game :pac:

iMuse wrote: »
    I think they should up the score needed for a uav by an extra 100, Would reduce UAV spam. I think there should be no uav in the game but thats not going to happen.

I don't fully disagree with this.. the spamming is ridiculous. If there was a way to limit the amount per game or something like this.

I wouldn't be in favour of just riding UAV altogether. Unless you got rid of normal UAV and kept in the blackbird as a high scorestreak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think UAVs are spammed because, its so hard to stay alive everyone is running relatively low killstreaks. Before people would run Blackbird, chopper and dogs now it's UAV, Hunter and lightning strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,632 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

UAV should be countered by the enemies UAV. So your UAV is activated, if the eneimes one is then activated, no one has UAV

that would be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

When you bring in a UAV, only you should benefit from it, not the rest of the team

When you bring in a UAV, only you should benefit from it, not the rest of the team

And when you die, it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'd say you can use a prestige token to unlock it permanently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

IPAM wrote: »
    I think UAVs are spammed because, its so hard to stay alive everyone is running relatively low killstreaks. Before people would run Blackbird, chopper and dogs now it's UAV, Hunter and lightning strike

The games only been out for 2 days. Most people haven't even unlocked the higher tiered killstreaks, my self included. Give it a week and the killstreaks will start to vary when people start to live longer and get better streaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Chavways wrote: »
    The games only been out for 2 days. Most people haven't even unlocked the higher tiered killstreaks, my self included. Give it a week and the killstreaks will start to vary when people start to live longer and get better streaks.

this, ive had it since launch and there's maps i havent played on yet, people are running around like headless chickesn (i know its COD so that happens anyway before someone points it out :pac: ) and everyone's still learning spots and rooms and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've just been running UAV/Lightning strike and stealth chopper. Pretty easy to get tbh, im sure i could swap out UAV for a much higher KS and still get it most of the time thanks to the KS stacking.. just need to get the chopper and play defensive really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

fukking head glitches are worse than mw3!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Has the hacking begun already !

Anyone know where the best place to trade this in is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

lads i own one of those crappy three modems for gaming and its been sound for all my games on ps3 (black ops1,mw3,bf3,moh) always on a three bar and finish usually top 3 of leaderboards.Since bl2 came out its been a nightmare on a 3bar ,it is unplayable and i check my speedtest all the time averaging 4.0 mbs and 60 ping.Were i live is the only source of broadband i can only get ,the question is should i trade in bl2 or hope it gets better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

anyone have a clan i can join on BOPS/BOPS2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

blobby360 wrote: »

Don't trade it in, get a refund. I got a full refund because I said it kept freezing on me, which it was

Talk about jumping the gun or what... The game is only out 2 days.

• Advertisement

There's no jumping the gun at all.
    I've played two days worth and I'm not enjoying the Multiplayer ( Apart from Zombies )

I currently have Halo 4 which I'm finding much better and I want to get the most possible now from trade in or sell ( Which I just did for €37 :D )

I'd rather put the money towards AC3. The way I see it, the multiplayer aint gonna change if i wait a week or so. The only thing that will is the value of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I've played two days worth and I'm not enjoying the Multiplayer ( Apart from Zombies )

I currently have Halo 4 which I'm finding much better and I want to get the most possible now from trade in or sell ( Which I just did for €37 :D )

I'd rather put the money towards AC3. The way I see it, the multiplayer aint gonna change if i wait a week or so. The only thing that will is the value of the game.

Knowing Treyarch, it probably will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Didn't see half as many UAVs tonight, maybe because I was shooting them down as soon as they went up :)
    The lag is horrible though, go from 17-1 where everything is a one shot kill (with shotgun or SSG) to 5-15, where auto-aim is pulling me away from where they are, and it takes 5 shotgun blasts at point blank range to kill someone, all in the same game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

U can Buy itfor 39.99 in supervalue!!! :)

I was with you until this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Has anyone tried using the KSG?

You have to be so close to the enemy that you are better of using ur knife...

and also, I spend more time shooting down UAVs than playing the game, in fact, I think sometimes I got more uav kills than actual people, can't wait for ghost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Am I the only one with a rubber knife with a lunge range of 2 millimitres?

I'm like a T-Rex trying to knife people.

They took lunging out of the game AFAIK (only knifed 2 people so can't comment too much).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭klose

If there was a knife assist system in previous cods it ain't in this one! Thnk I've about 3 kills with it so far, seems its the same for everyone though as I've hardly been knifed atlall so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

How is it jumping the gun? If they don't like the game after playing it for two days it's not going to improve in the next week, month or year.

Might as well trade it in early and get more € for it.

Advertisement