Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone actually pay to download music?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

im a little naive to the whole thing, my cuz showed me frostwire and how easy it is to find whatever you want and ping.... you got it, then send it to i tunes. too easy??? i dont know, maybe someone who knows a bit more and fill me in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

people still use frostwire?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Just stick a tape in your radio and press record on the songs you like - easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

as i say, im not on the razors edge with this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

I wonder how long this thread will be up before a mod comes along.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Depends. If its some new relatively unknown band I will buy their stuff to support them, but if its some well established bands who are already minted I will just steal it from the interwebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fouga

I havent paid for music in years, its just so easy to find online for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I listen free on youtube and if I like the music enough to want to have it on my phone / in the car I will pay for their music.

I could download it for free easily but it's not even the value of two pints for hours of entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

preddy wrote: »
    Just stick a tape in your radio and press record on the songs you like - easy!
    It used to be play+record! Technology sure do be moving' on! I'll never catch up....

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

I've an 8-track cartridge tape in the car, anyway of using this 'frostwire' thing to download to that, not very tech savvy I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Get Spotify .... no need for piracy

Just launched in Ireland today

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

2012 called and said Spotify is now available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Seeing as how itunes and the likes are still making money. Alot of people out there legally buying music.

Problem is, i'm sick to death of hearing liars say they do, when they really dont :rolleyes: - you know the type. guys who say "I download to try, like a demo" or what not :pac:

endacl wrote: »
    It used to be play+record! Technology sure do be moving' on! I'll never catch up....

:-)

mine doesn't play tapes:)

9959 wrote: »
    I've an 8-track cartridge tape in the car, anyway of using this 'frostwire' thing to download to that, not very tech savvy I'm afraid.

how old is your car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I pay for some stuff: mainly stuff I want to have an artifact of.

I spent years and years having to fork out (often on import) for entire albums and compilations just to get single tune that I liked so I've earned the right to download a little for free.

The old model of music consumption is gone forever and will never be back. Streaming is probably the way forward with some kind of nominal fee. Only people of my generation - and a minute proportion of generations thereafter - have a emotional attachment to physical music artifacts.

Plus if less artists make music, what of it? There has been more music made already (and easily accessible) than most of us can ever hope to plough through properly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I just stream everything now and create playlists on youtube/vevo or whatever else on my phone. Handiest.

Seeing as how itunes and the likes are still making money. Alot of people out there legally buying music.

Problem is, i'm sick to death of hearing liars say they do, when they really dont :rolleyes: - you know the type. guys who say "I download to try, like a demo" or what not :pac:

If you have an Ipod etc you have to get it legally to listen to it on the device. Thats how Itunes makes money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

There's feck all worth downloading music wise nowadays anyway.

fouga wrote: »

If you have an Ipod etc you have to get it legally to listen to it on the device. Thats how Itunes makes money
    My ipod begs to differ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

No you don't.

My ipod begs to differ...

So I guess you know how to put illegally downloaded music onto a Ipod....please tell me cos I have a Ipod nano that I want to put music stored on my pc onto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Ah no. No ya don't

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Thanks thread, you led me to Spotify!

Bye, bye Grooveshark!

So I guess you know how to put illegally downloaded music onto a Ipod....please tell me cos I have a Ipod nano that I want to put music stored on my pc onto
    That would be reinforcing laziness. It's not difficult. No tricks involved. Best advice would be to figure it out. Hint: check the menu bar.

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

You down 'own' the music you download from Apple, just ask Bruce Willis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

If I can't find a song/album I am looking for on line I will buy off itunes. Same if the quality of the on line version is poor.

My bother however has thousands of songs on his ipod and has purchased them all from itunes :rolleyes:

I dont know how the nano works as I dont have one. I have an ipod touch and I have an even older ipod, the type with the rotational control. I cant even remember what its called its been that long since its been out of the drawer, maybe an ipod mini....

All Ive been doing is downloading whatever music tracks I want from ANYWHERE, then simply dragging them into itunes and it converts the songs into the format the ipod wants and it plays. I dont have to do anything at all, itunes does it all for me.

I dont like itunes actually. In fact, sometimes I hate it. There are probably some settings that can be changed, but at the time, I found it really difficult to have two ipods using the same computer. Kept trying to synch playlists with the wrong ipod etc. Id much rather have a simple drag and drop system, like the folders in windows!

That would be reinforcing laziness. It's not difficult. No tricks involved. Best advice would be to figure it out. Hint: check the menu bar.

;-)

What, thats no help.....:confused:

• Advertisement

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    If I can't find a song/album I am looking for on line I will buy off itunes. Same if the quality of the on line version is poor.

My bother however has thousands of songs on his ipod and has purchased them all from itunes :rolleyes:

If you download FLAC versions of music, the quality will be exceptional. When searching just add "FLAC" to the album title, or choose it in the list of results.

Advertisement