Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pakistani girl doused in acid for looking at boys

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

anncoates wrote: »
    Animals.

I wouldn't call them animals because most people have respect for the animal kingdom... savages is more appropriate i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Sick disgusting arseholes
    I believe certain things with certain races should give people the right to be racist
    And I for one after readin that have a hatred for them now

It has nothing to do with race

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

These things are happening in Europe and it will only get worse before it gets better. Seriously why do they come here?
    1st google result throws this gem up
    http://www.aljazeera.com/video/europe/2012/08/201283144949392971.html

So they move to a "western"country (UK) then murder their own baby because she wanted to live a "westernised lifestyle"
    Its mind boggling
    Many many (not all) Muslims do not respect us and will never integrate with us. But yet they keep coming here*

*here is any western style culture - uk, europe, usa etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The amount of killings associated with Christianity is probably less than 3 million. The amount associated with atheists is over 150 million. And Christians are supposedly the ones who go around killing people.

I think what you need to take from that is that fanaticism and irrationality are the problem rather than religion per se.

The problem with the Nazis and the Communists wasn't that they were atheists (the nazis weren't even atheists!). It was that they jumped on a different bandwagon of crazy - nationalism, racism, "equality" by force.
    On a practical level the communists recognised that religion was a nonsense that their own nonsense would have to compete with so they banned it.
    I think the majority of deaths in China were largely down to Mao being a sociopathic egomaniacal scumbag and communism was merely a tool he used.

Theism/Atheism isn't the problem.
    Authoritarianism and irrationality are the enemies. What particular brand of bull**** is being used to justify them isn't terribly important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

pabloh999 wrote: »
    These things (........), usa etc

Seeing as the vast majority don't do this kind of thing, I fail to see why you're so excited about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

pabloh999 wrote: »
    These things are happening in Europe and it will only get worse before it gets better. Seriously why do they come here?
    1st google result throws this gem up
    http://www.aljazeera.com/video/europe/2012/08/201283144949392971.html

So they move to a "western"country (UK) then murder their own baby because she wanted to live a "westernised lifestyle"
    Its mind boggling
    Many many (not all) Muslims do not respect us and will never integrate with us. But yet they keep coming here*

*here is any western style culture - uk, europe, usa etc

*Facepalm*

Muslims live good lives and have good morals but get bad press. You really think almost 2.2 billion Muslim people hate the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Madam_X wrote: »
    But Seaneh, religion is part of their identity - in particular the orange order. It certainly has its historical roots in religious conflict. Definitely not true it has "nothing" to do with religion.

It's got to do with land. Religion is only used as an identifier of which side one is on.

Catholics don't hate anything about Protestantism. It's what many Protestants believe with regard to the territory issue that doesn't agree with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 closing_bell

Promac wrote: »
    I'm from Derry. My ethnicity is white, just like most other people form NI. There have been plenty of killings in Northern Ireland for no other reason than the victim was catholic or protestant. That doesn't mean the conflict in Northern is about religion, it means there are people who are prepared to kill over what religion a person might be. Read a f*cking book yourself. "The Shankhill Butchers" is a good one to start with.

the problems in northern ireland are political in nature , politics has nothing to do with what happened that girl in pakistan so zero comparison exists between the two

*Facepalm*

Muslims live good lives and have good morals but get bad press. You really think almost 2.2 billion Muslim people hate the west.

Think i said many - not all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Sick disgusting arseholes
    I believe certain things with certain races should give people the right to be racist
    And I for one after readin that have a hatred for them now
    Do you hate the young girl who was killed and other victims? Straightaway there's a gaping flaw in this hatred of yours. Some cultures are terrible for sure, but the race concerned is only incidental.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

There seems to be a much higher frequency of these "animals" in Islam compared to other religions, at least admit that much.

How many people have been killed in the name of the Hare Krishna or Buddhist religions this year? As Un-politically correct as it is to say, some religions are a lot more f**ked up and harmful to society than others, and Islam is one of them.
    Well the islamic world is a huge place,the western media loves to pick up these stories and flaunt it around just as the islamic media tars the west with image of rape and drugs.Both are true,these killings happen in as i said,backwards rural areas of islamic strong holds.To take it and brush 2 billion muslims with the same brush isn't exactly the most accurate way of describing islam.

I just said "religion" because the christians and others are just as bad. I can't think of any other system that allows people to go around mutilating and killing each-other with a clear conscience.

Why did you mutilate your child? Because this book here says god wants me to.
    I agree that religion has a lot to answer for,i'm not religious.But a lot of killings and mutilations happen in europe,even Ireland.Our system by your logic you could argue is tolerant of rape,for decades the church in Ireland has covered things up with the state looking the opposite way.Even a few weeks ago we had a rapist get off with a fine,would you call everyone in Ireland tolerant of rape the same way you'd call every muslim tolerant of killing and multilating children?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Atheist regimes such as the U.S.S.R 1917-87, China 1949-87 and China 1923-49. And sorry I'm not aware of many Christians who go around killing each other.

There's always one...

Those were communist regimes and not atheist regimes. Such communist regimes demand that they be worshipped and they attempt to take the place of religion which means that other religions need to be suppressed. They are suppressed not to promote atheism but to promote adherence to communism.

If you ask anyone from a former communist country, they'll tell you that communism was the religion. It had all the trappings of religion - the rituals, the worship etc. It was religion without a god.

With that in mind, can you please go and re-allocate those deaths which you incorrectly chalked down to atheism and put them in the religion pile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'm from Derry. My ethnicity is white, just like most other people form NI. There have been plenty of killings in Northern Ireland for no other reason than the victim was catholic or protestant. That doesn't mean the conflict in Northern is about religion, it means there are people who are prepared to kill over what religion a person might be. Read a f*cking book yourself. "The Shankhill Butchers" is a good one to start with.

No, your Ethnicity is Irish (or scots-irish, or british, whichever group you come from). Your race is white. Again, you fail to know the difference between ethnicity and race.

The divide in northern ireland is not religious, never was and never will be.
    The divide is this, a minority of people care ethnically Irish, want to be part of the Irish republic and seperate from the united kingdom.

The majority of people are ethnically british, were planted in the region over the last 4 centuries and want to remain within the united kingdom.

The majority (ethnic british) and the government of the region (that being the british government) oppressed the minority (ethnic irish) for the the better part of the last 800 years, up until about 20 years ago in one way or another (politically, socially, violently, etc), this lead to the minority forming a civilrights movement, which in turn lead to the formation of paramilitary gangs by the majority which were often fed intelligence by the government and at times possibly even armed by said government in an effort to suppress the civil rights movement and maintain the status quo, as well as this the government acted against the civil rights movement themselves directly, murdering unarmed protesters, imprisoning innocent protesters, beating innocent men, women and children, and so on, for the horrible crime of daring to ask for equality on their own island.
    This violence against the civil rights movement lead to the establishment of an armed resistance by the minority to defend themselves and the movement from both the british government forces and unionist paramalitaries (which were working together).

The spelling if a name has more relevance in northern ireland and it's history than religion.

Being killed by the shankhill butchers was because you spelled your name Stephan instead of Steven or Seán instead of Shaun.

The fact that more of the ethnic irish population of Northern Ireland tend to be members of one sect of Christianity and the the ethnic british population tend to be members of several others isn't even secondary, it's not even a by product, it's just a ****ing scape goat lazy uneducated tools use to paint neat, easy to understand pictures for themselves, even of those pictures bare no resemblance to reality.

There's always one...

Those were communist regimes and not atheist regimes. Such communist regimes demand that they be worshipped and they attempt to take the place of religion which means that other religions need to be suppressed. They are suppressed not to promote atheism but to promote adherence to communism.

If you ask anyone from a former communist country, they'll tell you that communism was the religion. It had all the trappings of religion - the rituals, the worship etc. It was religion without a god.

With that in mind, can you please go and re-allocate those deaths which you incorrectly chalked down to atheism and put them in the religion pile.

Communist regimes which promote atheism and hold the view that religion should be abolished.
    I can claim that those involved in the Witch Hunts were not Christian by saying that many churches and Christians denied that witches existed at all, just a delusion prompted by the devil.The paradigm was established by the church but the justification came from the authorities of the time that used the church as grounds to kill the so called witches. Clergy could not kill unless sanctioned by the secular government. If I were to say this then we would basically end up in a situation where neither Christianity or Atheism are responsible for any deaths in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Well the islamic world is a huge place,the western media loves to pick up these stories and flaunt it around just as the islamic media tars the west with image of rape and drugs.Both are true,these killings happen in as i said,backwards rural areas of islamic strong holds.To take it and brush 2 billion muslims with the same brush isn't exactly the most accurate way of describing islam.

I agree that religion has a lot to answer for,i'm not religious.But a lot of killings and mutilations happen in europe,even Ireland.Our system by your logic you could argue is tolerant of rape,for decades the church in Ireland has covered things up with the state looking the opposite way.Even a few weeks ago we had a rapist get off with a fine,would you call everyone in Ireland tolerant of rape the same way you'd call every muslim tolerant of killing and multilating children?

This is what I said:
    I didn't say anything about all people of faith. My point was that religion - your christian one as well - specifically advocates killing and mutilating people in the name of your deity. It's right there in your bible. That doesn't mean that every christian goes around throwing acid at their kids any more than all muslims do but you'd have a religious justification for doing so if you wished.

Nothing like what you're implying.

the problems in northern ireland are political in nature , politics has nothing to do with what happened that girl in pakistan so zero comparison exists between the two

No-one here has implied that the girl was killed for politics. The discussion went to how people use religion to justify murder and Northern Ireland was one example of where people have done that. It doesn't mean (and this is the second time now I've said it) that the problems in the north are anything to do with religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you, DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'"

I Think Jesus pretty clearly does not advocate killing and mutilating people.

But he seems to advocate eternal torture in hell for not believing in him independent of how charitable and good a life you may lead.

Communist regimes which promote atheism and hold the view that religion should be abolished.

No. You're not getting it. Communists didn't promote atheism. They wanted to replace theism in the hearts and minds of their populations. Religion was the competition. You're correct in that they were promoting atheism but only in so far as the atheism was applied to other religions and not their own. North korea is a shining, current-day example of this.
    I can claim that those involved in the Witch Hunts were not Christian by saying that many churches and Christians denied that witches existed at all, just a delusion prompted by the devil.The paradigm was established by the church but the justification came from the authorities of the time that used the church as grounds to kill the so called witches. Clergy could not kill unless sanctioned by the secular government. If I were to say this then we would basically end up in a situation where neither Christianity or Atheism are responsible for any deaths in history.

I agree that there were motivations other than religious convictions behind a lot of the witch trials. That said, I think most authorities in those days were religious so it's hard to separate the religious element from their motivations.

Either way, it doesn't change my point. Communist regimes didn't do what they did to promote atheism. They did it to promote their own ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you, DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'"

I Think Jesus pretty clearly does not advocate killing and mutilating people.

Which laws was he referring to?

No. You're not getting it. Communists didn't promote atheism. They wanted to replace theism in the hearts and minds of their populations. Religion was the competition. You're correct in that they were promoting atheism but only in so far as the atheism was applied to other religions and not their own. North korea is a shining, current-day example of this.

I agree that there were motivations other than religious convictions behind a lot of the witch trials. That said, I think most authorities in those days were religious so it's hard to separate the religious element from their motivations.

Either way, it doesn't change my point. Communist regimes didn't do what they did to promote atheism. They did it to promote their own ideology.

Communists are militant atheists, this led to various acts of repression, including the razing of thousands of religious buildings and the killing, imprisoning, and oppression of religious leaders and believers.
    I understand what you are saying but atheism is one of the core beliefs of communism, not getting rid of religion, just atheism. Didn't Marx say something like communism begins with atheism (Sorry paraphrasing)

• Advertisement

Communists are militant atheists, this led to various acts of repression, including the razing of thousands of religious buildings and the killing, imprisoning, and oppression of religious leaders and believers.
    I understand what you are saying but atheism is one of the core beliefs of communism, not getting rid of religion, just atheism. Didn't Marx say something like communism begins with atheism (Sorry paraphrasing)

You're talking about communists as if they're subset of atheists when, in fact, it's the other way around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

They are only militant atheists in the same sense that islamists are militant atheists towards hindus - they don't just want hindus to stop believing what they do. They want them to believe in islam.

It's the same with communism. In effect, they wanted their populations to reject their previous belief systems. Had they been just promoting atheism, it would have stopped there. Instead, they forced people to accept the teachings of their new ideology after rejecting the old.

To blame the atrocities of these regimes on atheism is wrong just as it would be to blame them on red flags. The red flags didn't kill people. The commie ideology which used atheist ideas to replace the old religions killed people for communism - not atheism.

As I said, if they were promoting atheism for the sake of atheism, they wouldn't have bothered with all that communism nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Another example of brutality due to that religion. What a stupid bint, if she really believes in Allah does she seriously think he will be impressed at her killing her child because he couldn't learn passages of the koran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226408/Mother-beat-son-7-death-set-body-struggled-learn-Koran-heart.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The amount of killings associated with Christianity is probably less than 3 million. The amount associated with atheists is over 150 million. And Christians are supposedly the ones who go around killing people.

" associated with Christianity," means what exactly? People who quote their scriptures before slaying others?

"associated with atheists," likewise, means what exactly? People who seek to get rid of theism?

I think you are mixing up the reasons someone may be inclined to call for genocide. They are selfish acts and intended for dominant control to be held by the individual. They'd use any popular/revolutionary idealogy without any intention or consideration for that idealogy themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Crusades, campaigns against muslims in spain, wars surrounding the rise of christianity in ancient rome, protestant vs catholic wars in medieval europe, the bringing of christianity to the new world and resulting genocides, etc etc etc.

Long story short you're talking crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

woodoo wrote: »
    Another example of brutality due to that religion. What a stupid bint, if she really believes in Allah does she seriously think he will be impressed at her killing her child because he couldn't learn passages of the koran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226408/Mother-beat-son-7-death-set-body-struggled-learn-Koran-heart.html

Way to go to read the wrong motive into this child's murder. From the report in the newspaper it was less to do with an overwhelming belief in Islam and more to do with a disturbed woman's expectations of her child. It it hadn't been that it would have been some other excuse such as not eating what was put in front of him or not keeping his room tidy. It's got nothing to do with religious beliefs whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Way to go to read the wrong motive into this child's murder. From the report in the newspaper it was less to do with an overwhelming belief in Islam and more to do with a disturbed woman's expectations of her child. It it hadn't been that it would have been some other excuse such as not eating what was put in front of him or not keeping his room tidy. It's got nothing to do with religious beliefs whatsoever. :rolleyes:
    Nothing? It definitely had something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What's a bit puzzling to me - why so many acid attacks?

Where are they getting all the acid from?

Maybe there's a market in some Muslim countries for acid? WomenOppressionMart?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Im guessing the acid used was either hydrofluric or sulfuric (maybe hydrochloric). Particularly with sulfuric acid the addition to water to wash it off can make it a lot worse. My question is could Pakistan not regulate the sale of acid considering the problem they have with it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Jesus you'd swear there's a big acid market selling acid for half price the way you lot are going on,have you's never heard of car batteries?

Advertisement