Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

irishgeo wrote: »
    grrr plugin feeds down on vix again for the duo , becoming a pain in the arse this.

Really? I upgraded to the latest build and pulled in a new plugin at about 8:00pm yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,406 ✭✭✭irishgeo

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Really? I upgraded to the latest build and pulled in a new plugin at about 8:00pm yesterday.

i was at it the same time and it said feeds for down for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

irishgeo wrote: »
    i was at it the same time and it said feeds for down for maintenance.

I think that "feeds down for maintenance" message is a default catch-all. I't might appear if there are network/connection issues. I too find it very annoying. Often a re-try or two will sort it out. Or wait a couple of minutes then retry.

That's correct. If I switch off my router and try to access the feeds I'll get the same message. It's worth trying several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Is there not an option in the settings where you can switch this off and still have access to the feeds whilst they are in the unstable state ...

think its under menu/setup/system/online updates

• Advertisement

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Is there not an option in the settings where you can switch this off and still have access to the feeds whilst they are in the unstable state ...

Yes there is. But feeds were in stable state yesterday evening.

Robxxx7 wrote: »

Not finding this option in 3.0, is it gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

dnme wrote: »
    Not finding this option in 3.0, is it gone?

It is there. Maybe not that exact path, but definitely under "online updates", wherever you see that.

It is there. Maybe not that exact path, but definitely under "online updates", wherever you see that.

Hers what I see
    Main Menu - Setup - System - Softwware Update.
    Here there is only 3 options
    - Background check
    - Automatic setting backup
    - Automatic image backup

That's all I can see.

Using Vix 3.0, with a Nova T tuner for saorview channels. often when I flick from a sat channel to a saorview channel, It shows the channel picture and audio fine, but i get a message stating "no data on transponder (timeout reading pat)".

I have retuned the saorview channels, I have restarted the box etc, but the issue remains. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I noticed that all my Saorview channels went to "N/A" yesterday, I had to do a rescan of the T tuner (didn't bother clearing any of the info) and since then everything has been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Apogee

Using Vix 3.0, with a Nova T tuner for saorview channels. often when I flick from a sat channel to a saorview channel, It shows the channel picture and audio fine, but i get a message stating "no data on transponder (timeout reading pat)".

I have retuned the saorview channels, I have restarted the box etc, but the issue remains. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Main Menu ->Setup ->System ->OSD ->Settings ->"Hide Zap Errors - ON"

Hers what I see
    - Background check
    - Automatic image backup

That's all I can see.

No. Software Update is under Setup.

It's Main Menu - Setup - >System< - Online Update.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yes. I am.
    Apogee wrote: »
    Main Menu ->Setup ->System ->OSD ->Settings ->"Hide Zap Errors - ON"

Will give this a go when I go home later.

I'm running VIX 3.0 with a nova t also and I have to say I haven't encountered that problem. I'm on the very latest build. One problem I do have is that Enigma restart (not reboot) always causes the DTT stick to be dropped. Can only be recovered by doing a hard reboot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've finally decided to give the Vix image a go and have installed it, so far so good, 1 thing that's bugging me though, how do I change channel by just pressing the left or right buttons rather than cycling through the EPG and then having to press ok

No. Software Update is under Setup.

It's Main Menu - Setup - >System< - Online Update.

Not seeing that option here.

Clareman wrote: »
    I've finally decided to give the Vix image a go and have installed it, so far so good, 1 thing that's bugging me though, how do I change channel by just pressing the left or right buttons rather than cycling through the EPG and then having to press ok

That's the way it's done in BlackHole but not in VIX. In VIX you need to use the CH up/down on the remote control. Tell the truth, I find VIX more intuitive - it's actually the main reason I prefer it to BH.

I have to say I'm not liking the VIX image, the changing channel thing as well as the media player, it also seems slower to switch between tuners (might be just me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 11ben11

I upgraded to VIX3.0 at the weekend and subsequently had trouble with the XEPGDB download for French TV on CrossEPG (system timing out). My Open TV 28.2E download worked fine though.

I resolved the problem by clearing out the EPG files (The CrossEPG folder and the EPG.DAT file) on my USB stick. I also deleted a stray EPG.DAT file that was sitting on the flash storage.

I suspect the stray epg.dat file was the problem - it got created just after I updated to Vix3.0 and I failed to immediately switch the crossEPG settings to store the file on USB instead of internal flash.

Hi,
    I am also having a similar issue, can you please tell me where the flash location was please?

Many thanks.
    Ben

• Advertisement

In Vix I think you have to configure where you save the CrossEpg outside of the CrossEPG settings, it's 1 menu before it in the Config System, off the top of my head I think it was menu->System->EPG->Settings and the first option is File Location, change this away from Flash or else it'll cause all types of problems, especially if you're using an unstable internet connection such as 3G or something

Not seeing that option here.

Main Menu
    -> Setup

...I assume you have a "System" option in here? Select it:
    -> System

Under here you should see:

< - Online Update.

...If not, please list the options that are there.

Hers what I see
    - Background check
    - Automatic image backup

That's all I can see.

Gunther, in work now but see my previous post quoted above.

Gunther, in work now but see my previous post quoted above.

Yes but you went one step too far there...

You should go to Main Menu - Setup - System.

Online Update is under SYSTEM. Not software update.

Yes but you went one step too far there...

You should go to Main Menu - Setup - System.

Online Update is under SYSTEM. Not software update.

The point I was making is that the only similar option I have under "System", is "Software Update". There is no "Online Update". BTW I am on the latest version of vix, are we both using that?

The point I was making is that the only similar option I have under "System", is "Software Update". There is no "Online Update".

I know. The point I was making is the path you show is incorrect.

"Software Update" is under the Setup menu not under System.

In the same list as Software Update is "System". It's the first one on that list. I think Software Update is the last one.

Under System is Online Update (which is around the 10th one on the list).
    BTW I am on the latest version of vix, are we both using that?

I am.

If you can show me a screenshot of Software Update under the System menu and of the System menu with no Online Update option I will say the alphabet backwards in less than 5 seconds.

I know. The point I was making is the path you show is incorrect.

"Software Update" is under the Setup menu not under System.

In the same list as Software Update is "System". It's the first one on that list. I think Software Update is the last one.

Under System is Online Update (which is around the 10th one on the list).

I am.

If you can show me a screenshot of Software Update under the System menu and of the System menu with no Online Update option I will say the alphabet backwards in less than 5 seconds.

I'll check again when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jordie

I'm running VIX 3.0 with a nova t also and I have to say I haven't encountered that problem. I'm on the very latest build. One problem I do have is that Enigma restart (not reboot) always causes the DTT stick to be dropped. Can only be recovered by doing a hard reboot.

Do u have the software for the nova t? I can't get it to pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,599 ✭✭✭✭banie01

For those of us running VIX, OpenPLI or any OE3.0+ images who also use Project Valerie(Or at least did until the crashes got too much!!!)
    There is a fix/workaround that eliminates the crash at file playback end :D
    Its just a matter of changing a menu setting in the image itself rather than in PVMC.
    These settings can be modified in Openpli 3.0 (setup->system ->recording and filelist)
    And then change the option "what to do at end of videofile playback" to "ask user" instead of the default setting "return to filelist"
    This way Enigma does not crash at the end of playback.

I can confirm this is working on Vix3.0.339 with PVMC build 1266oe20.
    Hope this is of some help to some folks on here.
    As I was playing around with a modified .py file with only intermittent luck trying to get it to work before I found this.

• Advertisement

jordie wrote: »
    Do u have the software for the nova t? I can't get it to pick up

You need this one:-

enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dib0700

You'll find it when you go to download new plugins - it's in the drivers section. (On VIX anyway). I think it's already built in with BlackHole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement