Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

lertsnim wrote: »
    Yes.

man of few words.... just figured it out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

JonnyM wrote: »
    Is it possible to watch different channels on laptop and on TV at same time while streaming??

Yup, once you have a free tuner, it just uses a recording feed, you can get apps to watch on your phone/tablet aswell if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

JonnyM wrote: »
    Is it possible to watch different channels on laptop and on TV at same time while streaming??

Some. If you can view the channel on the box while a different channel is being recorded, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I seem to have a lot of failed recordings.Does anyone else have this problem?I have a few things set up to weekly record and they often fail.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Are both your tuners working properly? If they are programs in the middle of the night I usually set the timer to Zap to the channel first, might help.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Are both your tuners working properly? If they are programs in the middle of the night I usually set the timer to Zap to the channel first, might help.
    afaik the tuners are working,will double check.

yabadabado wrote: »
    afaik the tuners are working,will double check.

Also check and make sure the channels you are recording are actually working. I've had channels go missing recently (BBC3/ 4/ CBBC/ Cbeebies/ probably others). Needed to scan anew for them, with the right settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

I have regular problems with that stick too using the latest version of VIX. Lately the box freezes with the usb stick connected to it. I just use the digital tuner in the television for Saorview now. What image are you using Gunther_Gloop?

No major problems for me - I use the same stick.

Note - I do use it with an external powered hub so perhaps that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Interesting. It is something I must look into as it is a real pain currently.

I seem to have a lot of failed recordings.Does anyone else have this problem?I have a few things set up to weekly record and they often fail.

Not me. I record all the time and have about 20 auto-timers set-up.

• Advertisement

Whats the best way to check are both Tuners working?Set up a few recordings at the same time?

You could do that or you could scan a transponder with each tuner. That's what I would do.

Whats the best way to check are both Tuners working?Set up a few recordings at the same time?

Watch something and tape something else, or plug out the cables 1 at a time :)

Personally I'd watch something on my laptop and then something else on the TV making sure they are different transponders (i.e. if watching the BeeB on laptop have ITV on the TV)

SalteeDog wrote: »
    No major problems for me - I use the same stick.

Note - I do use it with an external powered hub so perhaps that makes a difference.

I don't use a hub (and without issues).

Record something and check if you can view another channel on the same transponder while it's recording. eg. Record BBC1 and make sure you can view all the BBC channels while it's recording.

Chances are you can still view some channels even if you have only one tuner. You should still see all of them working if you have two.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

banie01 wrote: »
    Actually +1 on this.
    The drive needs to be remapped in windows explorer, I know its obvious but have you done that?
    I know I had to remap mine through network explorer, (I also set up MiniDLNA and uShare on mine too,Not that it should matter as long as u have Samba and NFS running) as I have my Duo shared to a smart TV and a couple of PS3's too.

How did u get it working on the ps3's? I have setup ushare and minidlan and can see both on the ps3 as servers but cannot browse to movie or timeshift folders (which i have set to share) i think i can see movie files i.e recordings with ushare but they are coming up as unsupported data.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Dotts wrote: »
    How did u get it working on the ps3's? I have setup ushare and minidlan and can see both on the ps3 as servers but cannot browse to movie or timeshift folders (which i have set to share) i think i can see movie files i.e recordings with ushare but they are coming up as unsupported data.

For .ts and stream files on PS3 you need a jailbroken PS3 and showtime.
    MP4 and AVI's will show and playback on the ps3's normal media server but for some reason Sony have seriously crippled media compatibility in the official firmware.

Anybody got any skins recommendations? I am getting bored of Vix night hd.

Has anyone been able to play FLAC files on the Vu+Duo? Under VIx 3.0? Was all set to use my Vu+ as a server with my NAS drive and an external DAC into my HiFi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

banie01 wrote: »

For .ts and stream files on PS3 you need a jailbroken PS3 and showtime.
    MP4 and AVI's will show and playback on the ps3's normal media server but for some reason Sony have seriously crippled media compatibility in the official firmware.

Cheers thanks for that, ill look into jailbreaking it so, as i really only use it as a media server these days anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

New user here!
    My wife trying to get into the "Favorites" using the blue remote there on Thurs night kept pressing the blue button taking her into the Update Bouquet and for a reason unknown to mankind kept pressing until seemingly, and it took hours of waterboarding and interrogation to find out, I found out she seems to have installed a new bouquet.
    To add it it, she decided that since she installed that, she proceeded to do the same thing again!

ANYWAY, the result I have now is no stations appearing. When I went to check the config there was no satellite appearing either so I checked the satfinder and it now green screens!!!!!

So for a noob, whats my choices here? Is there anyway I can return to the previous setup, I got a mate to set this up, can I do this myself using the menus there or am I up the stream without a paddle?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote: »
    New user here!
    My wife trying to get into the "Favorites" using the blue remote there on Thurs night kept pressing the blue button taking her into the Update Bouquet and for a reason unknown to mankind kept pressing until seemingly, and it took hours of waterboarding and interrogation to find out, I found out she seems to have installed a new bouquet.
    To add it it, she decided that since she installed that, she proceeded to do the same thing again!

ANYWAY, the result I have now is no stations appearing. When I went to check the config there was no satellite appearing either so I checked the satfinder and it now green screens!!!!!

So for a noob, whats my choices here? Is there anyway I can return to the previous setup, I got a mate to set this up, can I do this myself using the menus there or am I up the stream without a paddle?

Thanks

what box do you have?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Its the Solo I have, not the duo so I am hoping that its the same "general" setup.

Apologise if its not, I will leave my question for the wife to fix! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote: »
    Its the Solo I have, not the duo so I am hoping that its the same "general" setup.

Apologise if its not, I will leave my question for the wife to fix! :D

it should be the same setup.

what you need to do is get a hold of a bouquets file uploader and reload it to the box.

try downloading dreamboxedit.

irishgeo wrote: »
    it should be the same setup.

what you need to do is get a hold of a bouquets file uploader and reload it to the box.

try downloading dreamboxedit.

Thanks for that. I have at the bottom of the bouquets listing a Satellite XML file, which I THINK is the list of satellites. I have tried that but still no fix I am afraid.

Using that dreamboxedit program, can I take a backup of that XML file or something and run it again.

Does that green screen on the Satfinder and it mentions a dump to a log file, mean that the system needs to be reset completely?

Thanks v much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Sorry jumping in here but can't realistically read all this thread. What I see so far looks clever.

somes Qs please if you would kindly indulge me.
    • Can I mix DTT MPEG4 Saorview, FTV 28e and also 13&19e sats on this box in a logical EPG ?
    • Does it do sealions ?
    • Does it have a PVR built in ?

Thanks

[*]Can I mix DTT MPEG4 Saorview, FTV 28e and also 13&19e sats on this box in a logical EPG ?
    I have had DTT, 13°, 19.2°, 23.5° and 28.2° all on the same EPG. For DTT I did have to buy a separate usb stick (This has been causing me some problems lately).

[*]Does it do sealions ?
    Not sure what that means

[*]Does it have a PVR built in ?
    Yes. I got a vu+ duo with a built in 1TB HDD. Records wonderfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

[*]Does it do sealions ?
    Not sure what that means

its clines

buy they are not allowed to be discussed on this forum ;)

Oh yes. I see now lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 johnnystork

I've a vu+ duo clone and the power supply has blown. Anyone know where I can get a replacement one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement