Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

School yard fight terror.

Seriously, get a grip. This has happened everywhere for years and years but there was no one around to put it on youtube.

Moral compass that is AH really has gone potty :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

That's durty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

So who do you all think won the fight, for me the girl in the dark tracksuit she won on points she got more slaps in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

It's not the young lads fault? It's not his fault that there are two girls stupid enough to pull the heads off each other for him. Hope he chooses neither of them after this and finds himself a respectable girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

We used to have a regular fight in 1st year when I was at school a few years ago. :) (A very we regarded school BTW)

Proper organised too, Used move the tables and chairs and clear a ring, Then get a referee so no-one got seriously injured or fought unfairly (Kick someone into the balls etc...)

But the way it's been blown out of proportion will have MORE of an effect on the girls than the actual event itself.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Shave their heads thatll teach em.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

This kind of thing used to happen nearly every week in my secondary school with both guys and girls and no one batted an eye. It was just normal teenager stuff. This was in the late 90's.

Everything is bullying now and kids are so coddled. The fact that the guards are involved is laughable, a really great use of limited resources. **** dealing with real crime, we need an investigation into a couple of young wans pulling each others hair a bit.

Assault is assault. There are rules in society for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Two little bitches act like --- two little bitches. Meh!:rolleyes:

As regrettable as an incident like this, and a few others, may be, it hardly portends the downfall of society.:)

Interesting to see that the Indo reporter mentions some of the comments made on Boards.ie to the effect that these incidents are commonplace, but ignores those that say it is just an isolated incoident::D

The clip has sparked an internet debate -- with Boards.ie receiving a number of posts that such 'phone fights' are now commonplace near Irish secondary schools.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/parents-horrified-at-schoolgirls-phone-fight-video-3257219.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Interesting to see that the Indo reporter mentions some of the comments made on Boards.ie to the effect that these incidents are commonplace, but ignores those that say it is just an isolated incoident::D

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/parents-horrified-at-schoolgirls-phone-fight-video-3257219.html

Wooooooooooo!

Go Boards. :D:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

They were fighting over Jimmy Saville.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Folks,

The moral fabric of Irish society has broken down. Historians will look back on this fight as the moment we began our slide into savagery. Kids had never before fought with this level of brutality...

:rolleyes:

I can't believe the Garda wasted time looking into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Ah Here, Leave It Ouuuuuuut!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Ah Here, Leave It Ouuuuuuut!!!!!!!!!!

The 9/11 clip? Bizarrest thing ever.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realise that was one of a series of videos. Just watching them now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Tefral

I think I was in a fight when I was in Ard Scoil Ris once a month and they were a damn sight worse than whats in that video. We used to have fights that was basically bare knuckle boxing with your school uniform on.

The reason for these fights? When I look back we used to kill eachother over stuff you would laugh off now, but if you didnt stand up for yourself you would be bullied. In fact if your known to fight your corner, the bullies leave you alone.

Those fights thought me alot about myself and really made me an assertive person. To this day in work in your life, if you dont stand up for yourself you get walked on, the trick you learn as you get older is you do with with words and actions rather than the two knuckles on your right hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Shocking ground game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

GabbyJay wrote: »
    edellc wrote: »
    Shame on all involved and it makes me sick to think of the spotty little **** theses girls where fighting over

Can't understand why people are having a go at the guy they were fighting over. As far as I can see he didn't have any part in it and maybe he's not even pimply at all. No need to tar him with the same brush as the people in the video.

Not having a go however 99% of teens are spotty little ****s

Yes he had no part in it I never said he did

And I never tarred him with same brush he had no part in it

So don't quote me if your not going to use it in the context I used it and make out I am saying something that I didn't

Make your point without misquoting people

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KayR

It is undignified to say the least and it is sad that 12 year-old girls have to fight over a boy...have they anything better to think about?? The boy in question is probably running scared at the thought of being the butt of their tempers.
    The people who encouraged the fight are the bullies and that needs to be addressed for sure. It is not the first fight and won't be the last but this must not be ignored. It doesn't matter if the kids are from 'good families' ... sometimes used as an excuse to brush the whole episode under the carpet ... they have to be made accountable for bad behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

[QUOTE=Teyla Emmagan;81207201]I have never seen two girls beating into each other like that in my life. I never even saw the lads in school lift a hand to each other. And all the little horrors standing around laughing and filming it? .[/QUOTE]

Nor have I. It was just vicious.
    There are so many things about that video that disturb me I hardly know where to start

That is exactly what I thought.

1) The first girl was pushed in to fight with the other girl.

2) The viciousness of the fight itself.

3) They were watched by a gang of them, while being egged on.

4) Several camera phones filmed it.

5) Not one person tried to break it up or get help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

They must watch ufc...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 frojay

Anyone who thought this 'fight' was viscious or disturbing, congratulations, you must lead a very sheltered existence.

• Advertisement

frojay wrote: »
    Anyone who thought this 'fight' was viscious or disturbing, congratulations, you must lead a very sheltered skanger free existence.

Fixed that for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

endacl wrote: »
    Nicole, not Niamh. Both Nicole and Aoife will be able to vote in a few years.

Ladies and gentlemen, our nation's future!

:eek::eek::eek:

Do you know these two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Abi wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

It isn't only skangers that fight you know. Unless you are implying that partaking in a spot of fisticuffs automatically makes you one.

It isn't only skangers that fight you know. Unless you are implying that partaking in a spot of fisticuffs automatically makes you one.

It's not particularly nice to be accused of having a 'sheltered life' purely because you never got involved in brawls or witnessed one. What the fúck did that fight achieve anyway? The boy probably doesn't give a shít about either of them at the back of it all, and what the silly girls did has gone viral and have to live with the shame of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Abi I don't think either of these knuckle draggers will feel ashamed. Sure they both probably think they won the "fight"

smash wrote: »
    Abi I don't think either of these knuckle draggers will feel ashamed. Sure they both probably think they won the "fight"

Surely the punishment from the school and whatever punishments the parents give out would make them second think there actions? Jesus. I would fúcking hope so.

Surely the punishment from the school and whatever punishments the parents give out would make them second think there actions? Jesus. I would fúcking hope so.

Are you crazy? They just achieved legendary status at School. TV3 will probably pick up the rights for the re-match.

Seriously though, they are kids, they will give as much of a f**k about this as any teenager would. Slap on the writst, it won't happen again mammy I swear, back to school and life goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

frojay wrote: »
    Anyone who thought this 'fight' was viscious or disturbing, congratulations, you must lead a very sheltered existence.

Not so much sheltered as I don't put myself in the way of being around 'skangers'. :rolleyes:

It's that kind of mob mentality only interested in capturing the action for Youtube that is going to ruin this country eventually. How many of them standing around and yet not one of them had the gumption to separate the two girls and tell them to stop acting like fools? I remember rolling my eyes when the nuns would go on about having the courage of your convictions and other things like that, but now I appreciate the standards of behaviour that they drilled into us. Manners, courtesy, self-respect and respect for others. Sadly lacking amongst all the peer-terrified teenagers on that video. :rolleyes:

Reading that back I now see that I have now become an auld wan. :D

Are you crazy? They just achieved legendary status at School. TV3 will probably pick up the rights for the re-match.

Seriously though, they are kids, they will give as much of a f**k about this as any teenager would. Slap on the writst, it won't happen again mammy I swear, back to school and life goes on.
    If they were my fücking kids they'd be sorry they were ever born when I was done with them. Maybe that's the problem, the whole lax attitude to punishing kids. Theyve no respect for authority. I'd wipe the fücking smiles off their faces in a flash.

• Advertisement

With what? More violence?

An eye for an eye eh? Fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement