Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

The girls in our class used to kill each other, it was horrible what went on. The lads were all grand rarely fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

lukesmom wrote: »
    ... as a mother of two boys and one girl this is how I feel. I know my husband feels the exact same way too.

What did Lukes brother do wrong?

Why don't you love Lukes brother?

Lukes brother only 2 months old I've had this username years

LukeRubyAaronsmom is a bit of a mouthful!

Love my 3 children equally!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Usual over reaction someone think of the children response to this sort of rubbish.
    I saw 10 times worse growing up when people didn't have camera phones.
    Girls their age are being raped & killed everyday but because it's not filmed it doesn't register on social media.
    The biggest crime here is that the uploader couldn't revolve the image 90 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Not one person in that video knows how to dress.

At least you are noticing the important stuff alright. Shame it has to happen obviously but I think genuinely it’s a sign of the times. Not quite the same thing but reminds me of last week when that poor fecker in Scotland stuck his head in the bin and people spent their time filming it and uploading it to the net. How long did it take for people to actually help him? Sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I vividly remember is one girl leaping over a table to drag the other girl around the room by the head of hair. Gave her a black eye and spit her lip slammin her off walls, tables. She was like a possessed animal. Myself and a friend were closest the door and we ran for the teacher, assuming their friends would pull them apart. The teacher refused to come in in case there were girls in a state of undress! :confused::eek: He thought it was a weird prank. When the screaming brought him in he jumped in and separated them, their friends couldn't get them apart/didn't want to be too involved. A bin full of hair there was, it was disgusting. Both were suspended but that was pretty much it.

Jeeeesus fúcking christ. The more I read of this thread... that is just horrific. Do you remember what was done about it?

• Advertisement

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Usual over reaction someone think of the children response to this sort of rubbish.
    Girls their age are being raped & killed everyday but because it's not filmed it doesn't register on social media.
    Are you ACTUALLY trying to put scumbags having a scrap with rape and murder on the same level??
    The biggest crime here is that the uploader couldn't revolve the image 90 degrees.
    Sickening.

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Paddy on the Road

That's Tennis? I wanted the one where the chicks whale on each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I saw a fight like that when I was 13 yrs old, it resulted in the death of a 12 yr old from horrific injuries, a bus driver having a heart attack and another child being so traumatised he went on to develop an alcohol problem as well as a history mental issues.Never mind the car park full of kids who witnessed it.

If any of my children behaved like any of the children in this video, I'd be disgusted at myself , the parents of these kids need to take a serious look at they way they are raising their kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Abi wrote: »
    Sickening.

If you wish to be truly sickened I suggest you don't enter the thread on the 14 year old girl who was shot by the Taliban for promoting girl's education.
    I'll save my horror for real instances of injustice, not some playground skirmish.

The only reason the school are reacting now is not because of the fight, it's because it was filmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

mattjack wrote: »
    I saw a fight like that when I was 13 yrs old, it resulted in the death of a 12 yr old from horrific injuries, a bus driver having a heart attack and another child being so traumatised he went on to develop an alcohol problem as well as a history mental issues.Never mind the car park full of kids who witnessed it.

If any of my children behaved like any of the children in this video, I'd be disgusted at myself , the parents of these kids need to take a serious look at they way they are raising their kids.

Did the bus driver hit the kids?

I don't always go along with blaming the parents, some kids are really good until they start secondary school and start hanging around with a different crowd.
    Some kids can be Angels at home but devils out of it and there is the trying to be part of the gang going on as we'll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Did the bus driver hit the kids?

I don't always go along with blaming the parents, some kids are really good until they start secondary school and start hanging around with a different crowd.
    Some kids can be Angels at home but devils out of it and there is the trying to be part of the gang going on as we'll.

It was the one the most disturbing things I ever witnessed , a 12/13 yr old beating another kid half to death, the child rolled/crawled under a bus to escape the beating he was getting.
    The bus moved forward and the child was crushed in front of a carpark full of kids.

One of the disturbing issues about that clip is that kids are comfortable recording violence like without actually realising the consequences of it.
    Ultimately a child could've have died there.

Children desensitized at the age ,happy to record a fight like ,knowing it'll end up on social media sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just saw on facebook that the girl that instigated it has been expelled. The other girl has been suspended pending an investigation by the board of management of the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They'll both grow out of it, and turn into this

http://i.imgur.com/M3ObA.jpg

Forget that it ever happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I'm not exactly shocked at the video but it's still pretty ridiculous that people are almost justifying it. "Kids will be kids" "Ah sure I saw worse in my school" "Humans will always fight"

Any 13 year olds - male or female - who have scraps like this are scangers. It's not a 'normal' thing to do and it should be heavily punished. The school and the parents are to blame (I know i know "won't somebody please think of the children" :rolleyes: )

I didn't get in any scraps in school and nobody fought. I'm not trying to act like a posh snob or anything like that, but it tends to be the rougher schools that have fights like this - the schools need to take stricter action when this stuff happens. It's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

irishbird wrote: »
    Oh Colm Hayes on 2Fm was just talking about this thread

he has also lumped Boards.ie in with AskFM :confused:

Can you remember what he said?

I assume it was in relation to bullying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've seen worse when I was back in secondary school. There was 4 girls who all had it in for each other for about 3 years until they were split up for the Leaving. On nice days I'd go out an eat lunch at the front of the school and sometimes they'd literally just be out the school gates pulling the hair off each other. Principal suspended them at least twice iirc.

3 of them are best friends now 15 years down the line (don't know what happened to the 4th).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

An extraordinary reaction.

Just because there are worse crimes, it doesn't make this less of a crime for what it was.

If you wish to be truly sickened I suggest you don't enter the thread on the 14 year old girl who was shot by the Taliban for promoting girl's education.
    I'll save my horror for real instances of injustice, not some playground skirmish.

Again, you're comparing it to much bigger crimes, why are you doing that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

So because it's not what's happening under the Taliban it can't be discussed?
    iDann wrote: »
    I blame the school tbh, my sister is in that school in 2nd year...!
    I blame the pupils fighting - how is the school to blame?!
    Strange isn't it, posting stuff like this seems to be held as blameless but in my view is much much worse than the person who actually did the filming.
    What is?
    dotsman wrote: »
    ::D and...
    Christ The King, Turners Cross - mentioned a few times.

@Abi: in my school a girl's face was smashed until her nose cracked. The principal told her mother nothing could be done as intervention would just cause further harassment...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Abi wrote: »
    Jeeeesus fúcking christ. The more I read of this thread... that is just horrific. Do you remember what was done about it?

Yes, it was only a handful of years ago! Pretty much nothing was done. The teacher in question got a telling off for not reacting quick enough. The two girls were suspended, the victim for a few days the abuser for 2 weeks iirc. Teachers, I can think of two in particular, were making jokes about it within the week, things like still finding clumps of hair in the room.

There were a couple of fights that I can remember but you know what, they weren't the worst! It may sicken you to see kids acting like this- first class problems and all, but honestly at least they're getting their aggression out! Those two girls were friends again a few months later. Both mammies now I believe. I think girls bïtchiness and sniping and the emotional and mental abuse stays for far far longer and causes more damage than a schoolyard fight will ever do, particularly where there are no serious injuries. (Of course serious physical and mental bullying campaigns over a length of time are excluded from this)
    mattjack wrote: »

Did the other child push him in front of a bus of something? Christ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Seen way worse fights when I was at school. Not nice but sometimes life isn't nice.

exactly. alot of over reacting here, it was a bit of handbags and hair pulling, nothing else.

people on this thread need to lighten up, its a non event.

Nah there's nothing positive about it IMO - getting their aggression out? Can't agree with that assessment. Might not cause the same emotional damage as verbal/mental torture but it's still extremely messed up!

• Site Banned Posts: 41 rain10

I cant see the video it wont load and crashes my laptop , will some one put it up on another link please :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Madam_X wrote: »
    Nah there's nothing positive about it IMO - getting their aggression out? Can't agree with that assessment. Might not cause the same emotional damage as verbal/mental torture but it's still extremely messed up!

Does anyone know what the exact damages caused by the fight were?
    I can't see that there's much more than two sore scalps and a bruise or two. I'd be very surprised if there was even a black eye. I'm not belittling the fight, I'm just saying it's no where near as bad as people are making it out to be! :confused:

Like was said earlier I bet they'll be friends again shortly and forget it ever happen, i mean it's not like either of them will be carrying this fight with them for the rest of their lives in the form of battle scars. The girl who instigated it is a nasty piece of work and the people who stood around filming or cheering are a bit twisted. But to call it extremely messed up is a bit far imo really!

Physical fights in general are pretty messed up IMO. I don't think this fight is that extreme and I saw worse in my school but no way would I normalise it. Some girls were terrified in my school because of the intimidating atmosphere. I was grand but it's atrocious that more timid pupils would be scared stiff going into school.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Does anyone know what the exact damages caused by the fight were?
    I can't see that there's much more than two sore scalps and a bruise or two. I'd be very surprised if there was even a black eye. I'm not belittling the fight, I'm just saying it's no where near as bad as people are making it out to be! :confused:

Like was said earlier I bet they'll be friends again shortly and forget it ever happen, i mean it's not like either of them will be carrying this fight with them for the rest of their lives in the form of battle scars. The girl who instigated it is a nasty piece of work and the people who stood around filming or cheering are a bit twisted. But to call it extremely messed up is a bit far imo really!

I think you're missing the point - violence of any kind should not be tolerated. And minimising such behaviour is unacceptable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Madam_X wrote: »
    Physical fights in general are pretty messed up IMO. I don't think this fight is that extreme and I saw worse in my school but no way would I normalise it. Some girls were terrified in my school because of the intimidating atmosphere. I was grand but it's atrocious that more timid pupils would be scared stiff going into school.

I don't know, I would never get involved in any serious physical fights, but they're in our evolutionary make-up. It's when weapons like knives get involved that all the trouble starts.

As was said, lots of what is in our genetic make-up isn't deemed acceptable just because it's in our genes. Self defence though, fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

they call that a fight? jaysus....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement