Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cealabeala

...isn't that a private, fee paying school? Yes, funny that there weren't any out and out fights. Just mind game warfare and emotional torture I presume?

lukesmom wrote: »
    Perhaps I am bring sexist but I make no apologies for it. To see two women fighting is degrading and They should have more respect for themselves, at least this is what I will teach my daughter.
    My sons on the otherhand I wouldn't mind as much. I don't like any kind of fighting that is not controlled inside a ring but if my boys fight it won't bother me as lads are built differently to girls. They have a lot of testosterone and lads normally beat the **** out of each other and it's done. But girls are a whole lot different. The emotional abuse that can happen can be very intense. Yeah I'm a hypocrite, sexist whatever you want to call me but as a mother of two boys and one girl this is how I feel. I know my husband feels the exact same way too.

Very interesting. Your user name is "Lukesmom", implying that you define yourself through your kids, your identity as a mother rather than person, and even end your comment by saying that your husband, the patriarch, backs up your beliefs, so they must be correct.

Quite inmeshed in a strict gender role there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

What i think is the most sad part of the video, is that these kids have nothing better to do than to organize fights. Being from a surrounding area, i know that there is no after school activities around. A shame really.

Nice excuse,reminds me of the parents from devahany gardens blaming the lack of things for kids to do,on the kids bricking the fire crews on Sunday night,the poor mites have nothing to do,its not their fault..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

cealabeala wrote: »

Very interesting. Your user name is "Lukesmom", implying that you define yourself through your kids, your identity as a mother rather than person, and even end your comment by saying that your husband, the patriarch, backs up your beliefs, so they must be correct.

Quite inmeshed in a strict gender role there.

How does referring to myself as Lukesmom mean I define myself through my children? It doesn't! I just happen to love using that name.

My husband agrees with me but nowhere have I said just because he backs me up they must be correct. It just so happens that we are on the same page when it comes to this topic.

No strict gender role either. I'm very strong minded, have my own opinions like everybody.

Well done in trying to psychoanalyse me through my opinion of girls fighting but you are way way off with your ideas about me as a person. Thanks for giving me a laugh though!

Ok, but you haven't given a good reason why it's so much worse for women to fight than men. The physical differences between men and women aren't that extreme. Men are in general slightly stronger of course, but since we are talking about women fighting with other women, that shouldn't be an issue since they are equally matched in strength.

I think your belief is about propriety and manners rather than physical harm. You've admitted yourself that you enjoy boxing and that you would not be as upset if your son was in a fight, so it's not violence you object to, it's women behaving in an "un-ladylike" way. As in, a way that differs from normative gender conventions.

Can I also inform you that women's bodies contain testosterone as well, just in smaller amounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

I guess aoife and Nicole dont deserve to be protected from cyberbullying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Ah sure maybe once this thread hits 500 posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement