Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Abi wrote: »
    It's not particularly nice to be accused of having a 'sheltered life' purely because you never got involved in brawls or witnessed one. What the fúck did that fight achieve anyway? The boy probably doesn't give a shít about either of them at the back of it all, and what the silly girls did has gone viral and have to live with the shame of it.

Of course it didn't achieve anything, it was a silly little fight between two youngsters with no cop-on. I don't think the other poster was implying that people who haven't witnessed or partaken in fights are sheltered, rather that people who think this was shocking and violent are. It may be viral at the moment but this will have all died down in a few days. At the end of the day no-one got hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

With what? More violence?

An eye for an eye eh? Fantastic.
    Did I say anything about fücking violence? Utter stupidity of that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 frojay

First rule of Cork schoolgirls fight club: do not talk about fight club
    Second rule of Cork schoolgirls fight club: DO NOT talk about fight club
    Third rule of Cork schoolgirls fight club: Stand around in a circle and video it to send middle Ireland into a tizzy.

As far as I could see there was some hair pulling, a bit of rolling around and some slaps which wouldn't have broke the skin on a bowl of custard. Viscous? Hardly. If they had YouTube when I went to school you would have seen some proper fights.

It's not particularly nice to be accused of having a 'sheltered life' purely because you never got involved in brawls or witnessed one. What the fúck did that fight achieve anyway? The boy probably doesn't give a shít about either of them at the back of it all, and what the silly girls did has gone viral and have to live with the shame of it.

Of course it didn't achieve anything, it was a silly little fight between two youngsters with no cop-on. I don't think the other poster was implying that people who haven't witnessed or partaken in fights are sheltered, rather that people who think this was shocking and violent are. It may be viral at the moment but this will have all died down in a few days. At the end of the day no-one got hurt.
    I'm sorry, but this gives off the impression that it is okay or acceptable behaviour. We need to get away from the idea that it's okay for kids to be knocking the shït out of each other. Nobody got hurt, this time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

What would you wipe the smiles off with then? A cloth? Brillo pad? Wire brush perhaps?

I'm confused.

• Advertisement

What would you wipe the smiles off with then? A cloth? Brillo pad? Wire brush perhaps?

I'm confused.
    There's a fine line between confusion and stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheFruitarian

Storm in an A cup.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

There's a fine line between confusion and stupidity.

Lucky me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I didn't read the whole thread (or watch the whole video) so I don't know if this was said..

But what was the guys plan at the end? Take the winner off into the sunset? If two girls were willing to physically fight each other over me, i'd be running for the hills.

Bunny boilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 frojay

I'm sorry, but this gives off the impression that it is okay or acceptable behaviour. We need to get away from the idea that it's okay for kids to be knocking the shït out of each other. Nobody got hurt, this time.

Stop kids from scrapping? Good luck with that one. Life is tough and you have to be tough to survive.

• Advertisement

Whether it's socially acceptable or not it will still happen. We're only having this discussion because it was filmed on a camera-phone. The real issue here is the lack of privacy and the implications for the kids in later life IF employers or whoever deny them opportunities simply because of 3 minutes of stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

Oh here we go, typical reaction from the violence apologists on boards who reckon that having a shocked reaction to this is tantamount to being sheltered. "Oh it happens all the time, nothing to get worked up over." Cause apparently the sight of two dopes knocking lumps out of each other while a baying mob cheer them on is perfectly normal. Granted this isn't exactly an unusual case and happens a lot around parts of Ireland but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be disgusted by it. The reason it's got such a reaction is the simple fact that some ill-bred idiot decided it'd be a larf to record it and stick it on Youtube, thus exposing it to the public. Many other fights like this have remained hidden because they haven't had public exposure. They're typically done with and no authority figure knows about it because they'll never be told, save the teacher or principal who has to break up the fight.

It's a rather sad indictment when fights like this can be so easily trivialised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

link anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

yeah op link doesn't work atm. think ppl are blowing this outta proportion. Fight in schools is a normal occurrence. Just cause everyone has a camera on their phone now doesn't mean it didn't happen 10/20/30 years ago.

Oh here we go, typical reaction from the violence apologists on boards who reckon that having a shocked reaction to this is tantamount to being sheltered. "Oh it happens all the time, nothing to get worked up over." Cause apparently the sight of two dopes knocking lumps out of each other while a baying mob cheer them on is perfectly normal. Granted this isn't exactly an unusual case and happens a lot around parts of Ireland but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be disgusted by it. The reason it's got such a reaction is the simple fact that some ill-bred idiot decided it'd be a larf to record it and stick it on Youtube, thus exposing it to the public. Many other fights like this have remained hidden because they haven't had public exposure. They're typically done with and no authority figure knows about it because they'll never be told, save the teacher or principal who has to break up the fight.

It's a rather sad indictment when fights like this can be so easily trivialised.

Which film was this again? Fight Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

Which film was this again? Fight Club?

Well technically I'm not supposed to talk about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Dead link, surely it's been reposted to other sited by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Honestly I think this is confirmation at how much society chooses to bury its head in the sand over the extent of schoolyard bullying and violence in general. This is not anything remarkable and something I'd wager the vast majority of us saw scenes like this in some point in school, probably several times.

The reaction to this shouldn't be anything extraordinary but the fact that it is through the media and phone in shows how much society continues to turn a blind eye to this kind of thing, which is really sad. Stuff like that for decades has been going on under the noses under teachers and parents and we need cameras everywhere before anyone gives a damn it seems (more than likely not because they were unaware but because they could no longer refute it) , what a pathetic society.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I'm confused.

this is one of the best posts ive ever seen on here. take a bow young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cork-spotters

Surely somebody has a link to this video??

I love how everybody is so indignant about it - as if this hasn't happened with school kids around the country for decades!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Once you could have scrap and that would be that, the next day it was old news usually. Now its going to potentially going to follow some of the parties for years to come if the cops are going to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I love how everybody is so indignant about it - as if this hasn't happened with school kids around the country for decades!

Isnt it in the op?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Why was it removed? I'm sure it's been saved down numerous times by now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I believe the guy that they fought over was from Kerry. So really, the fight was in the best interest of culture. And good looks!
    Legs it out the door pulling on coat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I'm confused.

It's pretty obvious Abi didn't mean it to be taken literally. Are you telling me you only associate the phrase 'wipe the smile of her face' with violence???

It's actually an idiom and does not have any reference to violence associated with it. It means to stop somebody feeling happy as a result of what they have done to annoy you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

mike65 wrote: »
    Once you could have scrap and that would be that, the next day it was old news usually. Now its going to potentially going to follow some of the parties for years to come if the cops are going to take a look.

Thats it. Years ago a scrap was a scrap and that was that. Only the two people (or more) who were scrapping were involved.

It appears to me that there are too many nosy biddy bodies who want to get a look in and have a say and demand which way society is ordered about. They will probably look upon these two women and demand for the law and justice to take hold of them, because two fcuking dangerous to be let loose, these fighting women are. Fcuking nonsense. Whatever is between those two women, is between those and no one else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

It's on the rte news site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Generally it is considered that men would solve a conflict by scrapping. Women would take on a different approach for a conflicit. They ignore the person and perhaps backstab them and generally being two faced instead of coming out into the open and saying what the problem is.

I grew up with brothers. Between them and their mates conflicts were sorted with a good punch around and a scrap. The next day, it's all over and they are back being friends, playing soccer with each other, drinking with each other.
    Say for example if they weren't friends beforehand, with a good scrap, whatever tension was there beforehand, it's over.

Women on the other hand, a conflict would drag out over weeks if not months but so much destruction happens in the process. Perhaps a load of friendships failing in the process and a divided group. Reputations ruinned.

lukesmom wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious Abi didn't mean it to be taken literally. Are you telling me you only associate the phrase 'wipe the smile of her face' with violence???

It's actually an idiom and does not have any reference to violence associated with it. It means to stop somebody feeling happy as a result of what they have done to annoy you.

I can't stand the idea of a parent smacking / spanking their child, let a lone kids beating each other up. The comment was idiotic. The kind of punishment I was referring to would be the likes of grounding, stopping pocket money, and if they've a mobile they wouldn't see it for a long time either, same with the internet. they'd be dropped off to school and picked up by me, I'd rule with an iron fist until the message would was drilled into them.

Jesus Christ, such an age to be fighting over boys. At that age, while some of my friends had doubts about (I won't say the word, its a family site) the christmas thing, I refused to believe it because my parents had told me other wise. Innocence quickly leaves children at an early age these days, and it is bloody depressing to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Link?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement