Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Stheno wrote: »
    If it makes sense financially and you get on with your parents it's the way to go though :)

I might be faced with this prospect in about 6 mths time when my lease is up on this place, it's either move home and save a shed load of money and possibly loose my mind or rent my own place again and still have no money but have my sanity. Decisons.

On a lighter note I took the E30 for a spin tonight, first time in 3 weeks I have driven it, christ it was like a tank compared to the other yoke!

So so so so nice to drive god I love that car, in fact I love it more than anything in the world how sad is that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Fiona wrote: »
    ....... in fact I love it more than anything in the world how sad is that!!!

Its not sad at all, at least when it becomes expensive or annoys you you can turn it off and park it up for a while. Pity I can't do that with the wife :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

renofan wrote: »
    ....... in fact I love it more than anything in the world how sad is that!!!
    Its not sad at all, at least when it becomes expensive or annoys you you can turn it off and park it up for a while. Pity I can't do that with the wife :pac:

Anything!?! : D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

barura wrote: »
    Actually, when is the next motors meet? I should be able to make the next one...

Don't know if i can make it, was deeply hurt no pink gti at the last one :(

Sorry Jimbob :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Really?

Yup, I get up and leave for work 2-3 hours before he does (when I am in Ireland) so he gets coffee and a pastry or the odd scrambled egg with smoked salmon and we have a bit of time together :)

He can cook, but only if it is fried stuff, oven wise he can heat a pizza and use the microwave, so I do all the cooking. Works well for us he's great at ironing and other stuff, and I love cooking :)

He's brutal at shopping for decent food though, when I'm abroad with work, I get supervalu to deliver food that is decent and he can cook, I wonder if someone there will notice weird locations orders come from.

Just works for us, I can be away from home for weeks at a time, and we enjoy spending time together, I don't mind doing my bit, and it's fun :)
    I might be faced with this prospect in about 6 mths time when my lease is up on this place, it's either move home and save a shed load of money and possibly loose my mind or rent my own place again and still have no money but have my sanity. Decisons.

On a lighter note I took the E30 for a spin tonight, first time in 3 weeks I have driven it, christ it was like a tank compared to the other yoke!

So so so so nice to drive god I love that car, in fact I love it more than anything in the world how sad is that!!!

Ah I love my car, to destress after a ****ty day I'll drive a good fifty miles through north dublin to relax.

Nothing better, and nothing sad about it either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Stheno In before somebody else! MARRY ME????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

All this talk of cleaning cars makes me want to clean mine! When the rain goes away I will. Get it done while dgt is (hopefully) welding up my exhaust. :D

Weather looks fine for tomorrow evening! :D

Beware, the pesky farmers are out in force mudding up the road more than usual :( I stupidly cleaned the whole car yesterday and as of this evening, its brown again :mad:

MugMugs wrote: »

Piss off i want her first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Didn't want to start a new thread..

For anyone interested this years Le Mans winning Audi R18 E-Tron quattro will be on display at Audi North Dublin's new terminal on Oct 13th.

I highly recommend having a gander at it, its an amazing machine!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MugMugs wrote: »

No. You stalked me once, and were not helpful :(

And I'm not sure I like your car?
    Piss off i want her first!

Hmmm much more attractive proposition, excellent at cleaning cars, puts in the hard work.

However the current Oh does clean, and wash my car on a weekly basis.

After a week of me using it, my car resembles a trash can

Mugs, I think you've been outdone.

• Advertisement

For anyone interested this years Le Mans winning Audi R18 E-Tron quattro will be on display at Audi North Dublin's new terminal on Oct 13th.

Where is this new terminal exactly?

No. You stalked me once, and were not helpful :(

And I'm not sure I like your car?

Hmmm much more attractive proposition, excellent at cleaning cars, puts in the hard work.

You could consider bigamy :pac:

Did i mention that i am trained in Swedish Massage!?

dgt wrote: »
    You could consider bigamy :pac:

still can't see what Mugs would add?

He appears to be a bit of a mammys boy? Can't be coping with that at all!

Did i mention that i am trained in Swedish Massage!?

I'll have Mugs thanks, I can't abide any sort of massage, I'm a bit on the thin side, and hate being touched, and swedish masseurs dig into my poor bones.

Mugs, any dates for the wedding? Don't forget the rest of motors made me the boss of our virtual garage, so you want to be sure what you are getting into? Are you a toucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Where is this new terminal exactly?

Exit 5 off the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oi! Did jimbob changed his name again?

What a bloody awful morning, I didn't want to get up :mad:

Plus side is all the splat on the windscreen will get cleaned off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

****! Guess getting the exhaust done is a no go. :( Got 2 spare tyres for your though!

As stop i would have walked to the bus stop with my duvet around me this morning only its too heavy to carry!

• Advertisement

****! Guess getting the exhaust done is a no go. :( Got 2 spare tyres for your though!

Its meant to clear up, tis a 3 minute job when fully set up, sure come on out anyways! Even if raining we'll throw up the gazebo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

What a horrible day outside :(

Screw my exhaust. Gearbox just broke. I can go from 3-4 but no 1st, 2nd, 5th or reverse. Living on a hill, this poses quite the problem! Bangernomics, here I come! (Sigh, again...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hahaha

hChgY.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Screw my exhaust. Gearbox just broke. I can go from 3-4 but no 1st, 2nd, 5th or reverse. Living on a hill, this poses quite the problem! Bangernomics, here I come! (Sigh, again...)

Get a few quotes for that Levin first. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Thats a linkage problem dude, cheap fix

Sounds like a selector issue to me....

Either way if it is the box, I still have your old one, minus reverse! :p

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Thats a linkage problem dude, cheap fix
    Or an excuse to change my car... :)

I can't get under my car at the moment, but I'll have a gander. It ran out of tax at the start of the month as well, so I can use this as a sign, I think.

But not for the levin sadly, apparently students can't be insured on them. :(

Plus side is all the splat on the windscreen will get cleaned off....

These are the sort of days I love the fact I can work from home :)

• Advertisement

Or an excuse to change my car... :)

Get a Bravo 1.2 and have access to a seriously big parts bin :D

Pick up one for about 200 and we can do it up in no time, on the very cheap ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement