Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Stop People From Sitting In My Bus Seat!?!?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

UCDVet wrote: »
    So that I have space to study. I have a smaller-ish laptop but I still prefer to take notes on paper. I watch lectures and review notes - but it's really impossible to do comfortably without having two seats..

Do your study, read your notes, at home, stop being lazy tipical student and wasting money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

I find that putting headphones on, hoody up, bag on seat beside you does the opposite of the desired effect. you're almost garaunteed to get someone sit beside you if you do this.

Solution, stare at everybody uncomfortably in the eye as they're walking down the isle towards you. they'll just keep walkin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

humbert wrote: »
    First come first served, Einstein.

For people, not bags. :cool: The seat he'd be using for his bag wouldn't have been designated to anyone or thing by name. I've moved people's belongings off seats before, and will continue to do so. If they complain about invasion of personal space or going near their belongings, well, they know how to rectify that. :cool:

But, ooh, serious burn there, humbert, I've been suitably chastened.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

In the past when i did speed dating, people never sat in the seat beside me, they simply walked past.

I`ll try and remember what i did to make that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Presumably the op hasn't enrolled his schoolbag in college so the second student ticket isn't valid even people did recognise the right to have a seat for your luggage to rest on

ceegee wrote: »
    Presumably the op hasn't enrolled his schoolbag in college so the second student ticket isn't valid even people did recognise the right to have a seat for your luggage to rest on

Ha, brilliant! :D The bag should have to at least produce its student ID for the seat some people think it's entitled to. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Man, you are my new idol for today!!!!
    Jokes apart, why don't you think about taking a more confortable alternative, like the train (dart seats are more confortable and big enough) or a taxy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

i think our friend has abandoned his thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Carry an empty can of Dutch Gold in your bag on put it beside you on the empty seat when you sit down.Also play some Aslan or Tiesto on a crappy quality phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You really only have 2 options here OP, either move closer to college or buy your own bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Just say your imaginary friend is sitting there.

Imaginary babies work better. Only the cold and heartless would sit on a baby, imaginary or not.
    ceegee wrote: »

That's a good point. Does the OP have two student IDs? He could get fined by an Inspector, and next thing we know there'll be an "I got fined" thread in the Commuting & Transport forum!! Where will it end?? :D

i think our friend has abandoned his thread

Hardly surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

It's as if they don't realize I've paid for two seats! Yeah because the first thing you think when you see someone taking up 2 seats with their luggage is 'Oh, he must have bought 2 seats'
    How do you guys keep people from sitting in your seat? I don't, I'm not a social retard

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

Obviously a troll thread but the correct answer is....

You don't get 2 seats you selfish ****

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Buy a pet snake and have him sitting beside you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I have nothing to add other than nice one!

well played sir well played.

thanks.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Pretend to be a junkie or a Jehovah's Witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

So that I have space to study. I have a smaller-ish laptop but I still prefer to take notes on paper. I watch lectures and review notes - but it's really impossible to do comfortably without having two seats.

EDIT: To be perfectly honest, I'm also a bit 'larger' than many on the Dublin bus. Even without my school work I feel like the seats are a bit too small to fit myself comfortably. It seems unfair for me to only pay for one and then take up most of someone else's seat too.

Maybe you should start walking to college so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Pretend to be a junkie or a Jehovah's Witness.

How could you tell you're sitting beside a Witness?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Bring a little blade with you on to the bus. Nothing bigger than 6 inches should do. If anyone sits down beside you give them a little jab (but you know deep enough to cut them) in the arm or leg. If you do it right you should make them bleed without given them any permanent damage.

• Administrators Posts: 53,483 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If I buy 2 tickets and can't get a seat does that mean I can stand and put one arm outstretched, rotate 360 degrees and insist that nobody stand within this zone as I'm entitled to double the floor space?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

a normal person.

theirs no such thing as (a normal person)

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭stupidfishy

Not buying it but my general advice for anyone wanting two seats for themselves on public transport is when someone sits down beside you just let out an almighty roar. "Fupping hell you're sitting on Jimmy! Jesus Jimmy are you alright?? Talk to me Jimmy! JIMMMMYY!!"

I think you'll be left alone after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I usually take up 5 seats at the back. When somebody says get up out of that, I say **** off, I need to sleep! I bring a pillow too, goodness knows you don't want to put your head down where a potentially sweaty bum has been only moments before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

So I have two of the student rambler passes. Since the bus I take each day is normally crowded and I like to read and do school work on the bus - I bought two passes. When I get on the bus, I scan them both, naturally.

Then, I sit down and take up two seats.

Seems reasonable.

But once the bus becomes full (which it inevitably does) people will ask me to move my stuff so they can sit down. It's as if they don't realize I've paid for two seats! Some have even tried to actually move my stuff themselves, while others have insisted 'Ye can't do that!'

How do you guys keep people from sitting in your seat?

So are you an ex UCD veteran or studying vetinary in UCD.
    If the latter just don't bother washing after visits to farm animals. ;)
    That should do the trick.
    BTW just don't expect anyone rushing to be your lab partner. ;)

On the other hand just smile a lot and greet everyone in a very friendly manner as they come near.
    it will freak the fook out of everyone bar the weirdos who will think they have met their soulmate.
    You could:
    1) Grow up
    2) Cop on
    3) Grow up AND cop on
    4) Get a car.
    5) Get a car, grow up and cop on.
    6) Realise you are completely wrong and don't deserve a seat.
    7) Realise you are completely wrong and don't deserve a seat as someone will sit on it ANYWAY whether your laptop is there or not, grow up and cop on.

So basically if I understand you correctly, you are saying the OP has a lot of growing up to do, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

EDIT: To be perfectly honest, I'm also a bit 'larger' than many on the Dublin bus.
    Sit on the outside then. They're not going to climb over you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

One seat per person bro, i have sat on peoples bags/legs/hands before and i'd do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Rockn wrote: »
    Sit on the outside then. They're not going to climb over you.

That would also be a douchey thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Quick fix get a fridge put a denim jacket on it,,,

Advertisement