Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Stop People From Sitting In My Bus Seat!?!?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

emul8ter25 wrote: »
    Obviously a troll thread but the correct answer is....

You don't get 2 seats you selfish ****

But I've paid for two seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Your imaginary friend gives up their seat to whoever wants to sit down because they're a nicer person than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

How could you tell you're sitting beside a Witness?

They're refusing a blood transfusion on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

UCDVet wrote: »

No, you've paid twice to be allowed on board. More money than sense and all that.

If the bus has numbered seats that can be reserved in advance and you booked two which are next to each other, fine. If they aren't, then you're denying somebody else a seat you have no rights too, which is just selfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Constantly scratch your head and pretend to eat something you find in your hair, that'll scare them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Take your penis out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

And this is why you are in UCD as opposed to TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You've paid for two PLACES not two seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

disguise yourself as Justin Lee Collins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Noel Dempseys Den

1. Have a few Guinnesses the night before.

2. Hold on to it tightly..

3. Break wind, loudly and fruitily as soon as someone attempts to sit down.

4. Ensure you have a spare pair of clean pants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 matt whelan

BS. it's clearly a hypothetical scenario - no one is that much of an arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

The problem I have is in your attitude - who says it's YOUR seat? And what would You do if when you got on the bus, all seats had one passenger sitting in them?

Get real, and do Your work at home. Oh and going on your pseudoname, You are a disgrace to the veterinary profession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

So I have two of the student rambler passes. Since the bus I take each day is normally crowded and I like to read and do school work on the bus - I bought two passes. When I get on the bus, I scan them both, naturally.

Then, I sit down and take up two seats.

Seems reasonable.

But once the bus becomes full (which it inevitably does) people will ask me to move my stuff so they can sit down. It's as if they don't realize I've paid for two seats! Some have even tried to actually move my stuff themselves, while others have insisted 'Ye can't do that!'

How do you guys keep people from sitting in your seat?

Buy your own bus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Does your bag have a valid student ID? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Weird Al Yankovic knows your pain:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't take the bus go RyanAir

https://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions
    To book an extra seat for an item the word "ITEM SEAT" must be entered as the surname and "EXTRA" must be entered at the first name. EXTRA ITEM SEAT will then be displayed on the reservation and online boarding pass. The accompanying passenger's travel document details must be entered during the online check- in process.

Now that that's sorted can get on the to real problem

People keep driving in my private lane on three lane roads how many times does need to be explained that the left lane is reserved for me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

People keep driving in my private lane on three lane roads how many times does need to be explained that the left lane is reserved for me :mad:
    In fairness, it's my lane too and there's only a few others that ever have the audacity use it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In fairness, it's my lane too and there's only a few others that ever have the audacity use it.
    We have to nip this thing in the bud.

Imagine a world where just anyone could use the left lane :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

How do you guys keep people from sitting in your seat?

Place one of these on the seat you have reserved: http://cloud1.lbox.me/images/384x384/201109/poo-poo-farting-whoopee-cushion-practical-joke_rkawbd1317184110165.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

So I have two of the student rambler passes. Since the bus I take each day is normally crowded and I like to read and do school work on the bus - I bought two passes. When I get on the bus, I scan them both, naturally.

Then, I sit down and take up two seats.

Seems reasonable.

You... are... NUTS. And not in a good/endearing way.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

tdv123 wrote: »
    Bring a little blade with you on to the bus. Nothing bigger than 6 inches should do. If anyone sits down beside you give them a little jab (but you know deep enough to cut them) in the arm or leg. If you do it right you should make them bleed without given them any permanent damage.

You're also completely mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Tip! Don't use public transport if you don't want to sit beside people.

That's like buying two gym memberships because you don't want someone to use the treadmill beside you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    You are a disgrace to the veterinary profession.

Ah now, the guy only took up two seats, lets not get carried away here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

billybudd wrote: »
    And this is why you are in UCD as opposed to TCD.

Indeed. When one commutes to TCD one rarely comes across commoners with the brass neck to just take a seat in ones horse-drawn carriage.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

johnt91 wrote: »
    Ah now, the guy only took up two seats, lets not get carried away here.

I hear You JohnT, but anyone who puts a thread like this up is either a troll, or a crack-pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

There are probably a number of things that would do the trick.

Fart really loudly as anybody approaches, who wants to sit beside a farter? or you could pretend to be asleep. Or cry to yourself. Or dress up as a pregnant woman, nobody would dare ask you to move. Plenty of things you could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I take the bus most days and I couldn't give a fiddlers fcuk how many tickets you paid for - if your 'spare' seat is the only going, I'm going to sit on the fcuker.

If you want to do something productive, perhaps catch up on some reading or write a threatening letter to a celebrity.

This trolling business has to stop. Now we have counter-trolling.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For the sake of argument I'm going to accept that you're serious OP, although I'm not entirely convinced that you're not a troll.

Based on that assumption, what pisses me off more than anything is the fact that you are buying two reduced rate student tickets when you could easily afford a regular adult ticket. So basically my taxes are helping subsidise both public transport travel for your bag and your massive sense of entitlement. And then people wonder why the country is so much in the sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Bring a white bedsheet and a little 'out of order' sign. Cover the seat next to you with the sheet and place the sign on it. People will think the seat has piss or something on it and you'll ride the bus like a King for the rest of your days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    I hear You JohnT, but anyone who puts a thread like this up is either a troll, or a crack-pot.

I could be both.

On a more serious note - I'm not actually a veterinarian, nor am I a UCD student. Which is why a good amount of skepticism is always a good thing on the internet.

I do ride the bus a lot though :(

Advertisement