Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Stop People From Sitting In My Bus Seat!?!?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Brilliant, I'm going to believe this is true just because it's such a wonderfully dickish thing to do.

If you could look contagious I'd say that would help. Or maybe autistic and aggressive. Definitely don't let people know you are rational or you don't stand a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

kowloon wrote: »
    He's using two seats, there's nothing funny about that :mad:

He paid for two seats but can't use them, laugh is on him really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭veryangryman

UCDVet wrote: »
    So I have two of the student rambler passes. Since the bus I take each day is normally crowded and I like to read and do school work on the bus - I bought two passes. When I get on the bus, I scan them both, naturally.

Then, I sit down and take up two seats.

Seems reasonable.

But once the bus becomes full (which it inevitably does) people will ask me to move my stuff so they can sit down. It's as if they don't realize I've paid for two seats! Some have even tried to actually move my stuff themselves, while others have insisted 'Ye can't do that!'

If you have the price of 2 tickets a day, buy a car.

I was going to say stop being anti social but meh, practice what you preach.I hate public transport.

Also dont assume people are mind readers. Nobody knows you bought 2.

Blinkers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

It seems natural that the fare doesn't entitle you to a seat - but they are take on a first come/first serve biases (except the handicapped/elderly labeled ones). But if I'm first, with two tickets, surely that entitles me to two seats?

The system you suggest does not exist in ANY city centre public transport system in the world. Deal with it, nobody else has a problem with this.

With regards dangerous capacity, i've double checked this too. If you actually refer to the numbers standing, it's normally over 10 and the bus drivers keep to within 5 people + or - depending on the route.

This is why buses regularly do not stop once full, unless someone gets off. In some cases when people get off, they don't let others on. It's at the drivers discretion.

EDIT - My god man, your a UCD vet, surely a bright fellow?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

So you're okay with stealing services purchased by another?

See, up until this post I was in two minds as to whether you were a genuine poster. But not now.

On the off chance you ARE genuine- I took a 2hour bus journey to college every day too. If the mood took me, I did like to read some notes etc or even jot down some of my own notes for assignments etc. I was able to do this with my bag either tucked under the seat or on my lap.

The bus isn't your own private library on wheels- if you so badly need the time to do college work, move closer. The fact you can't fit in a seat properly is your problem, not your fellow commuters. Stop being a spoiled little bítch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Get some fake vomit from a joke shop and leave it on the seat.
    Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

You buy two seats for "room" but take up one of these seats with a big bag? What's the difference if a person sits there? At least a person can arrange your papers in date or alphabetical order if you ask them or they could give you a quiz on the subject you're studying at the time.

Ask your fancy schmancy I've-got-a-seat-to-myself bag to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Heres an idea.....its a bit out there....possibly even radical but hear me out.

Stop being such a self absorbed twat, no one gives a flying fcuk what items you put on the seat so stop being a spoilt git and let people sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

You could:
    1) Grow up
    2) Cop on
    3) Grow up AND cop on
    4) Get a car.
    5) Get a car, grow up and cop on.
    6) Realise you are completely wrong and don't deserve a seat.
    7) Realise you are completely wrong and don't deserve a seat as someone will sit on it ANYWAY whether your laptop is there or not, grow up and cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

nod and say hello to everyone getting on and you will have the seat to yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Do your work at home before you go to college. Play your ipod or buy a two-sided notebook you can fit on your lap, that way you can read and take notes at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Please don't come near any of my animals with your level of intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

iDave wrote: »
    Heres an idea.....its a bit out there....possibly even radical but hear me out.

Stop being such a self absorbed twat, no one gives a flying fcuk what items you put on the seat so stop being a spoilt git and let people sit down.

If he bought two tickets he is perfectly entitled to two seats. End of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

On the assumption you're a grown man/woman, bring a colouring book and colour it in with crayons while sitting there. If you go outside one of the lines start rocking backwards and forwards while moaning quietly to yourself.

Guaranteed no-one will sit beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

kowloon wrote: »
    A very realistic doll would solve your problem. When someone tries to take the seat hit them with it.

Ha, used to work with a guy who always had a Mannequin in a wig and Hi-Viz jacket sitting in the passenger seat of his truck, no idea why this is relevant but It was funny.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

You what???

So if I buy 75 (or whatever the capacity of the bus is) tickets it means I can have the whole bus to myself?

Don't be so ridiculous.

http://www.chauffeurdublin.com/FleetGallery.html
    Would the price of two rambler tickets cover a Rolls Royce Phantom or Mercedes S-Class?

There'd be loads of space in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It's not an airplane, a ticket doe not equal one seat.
    First come first serve is the way things work, it's not a policy.
    Even if it were a policy, it would apply to people and not a bag/notes.

The seats are there to provide people with comfort on their journey, not to be used as a desk.
    Buying an extra ticket entitles you to nothing, stop wasting your money and cop on.

If you want to study, then prepare your notes before getting on the bus and use that time for reading instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

if the seats are reserved by number and you buy two adjacent seats then fair play. good plan.

if theyre not pre-designated your plan is not valid and will just fail ...and im just gonna point to any random empty seat and say 'theres your second seat put your stuff there'.

if theres no other spare seat ill just show you my ticket and give you 5 sec before i sit on your laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

May I ask if you would give up one of your 2 seats for a OAP or expectant mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

End of nothing, no one will ever force me to stand on bus/luas/dart for their bag, ever. End of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Hilarious, no your second ticket does not entitle you to a seat for your bag. It's a bag not a person. You may have noticed this! You can try a couple of tests. Talk to it, if it doesn't answer it may not be human. But that's not definitive. I suspect many people don't feel the need to speak to you. So get on the internet and google a picture of human being. Then compare the two. You will notice the differences quite readily.

The bus in not an aeroplane. Again you can test this quite easily. It won't have wings and it never leaves the ground. Not only that you won't have been strip searched at the bus terminal. However I could be wrong on this. It's been a while since I've flown..sorry ridden in a bus. But if it was you could buy a ticket for your bag. But that's not how it works on most buses.

But your bag being the holder of a rambler ticket is entitled to ride the bus. Just not on the seat. I'm sure your bag will be only too happy to give up it's seat to a real human. I suspect it'll be more reasonable about it that your are.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

So I have two of the student rambler passes. Since the bus I take each day is normally crowded and I like to read and do school work on the bus - I bought two passes. When I get on the bus, I scan them both, naturally.

Then, I sit down and take up two seats.

Seems reasonable.

But once the bus becomes full (which it inevitably does) people will ask me to move my stuff so they can sit down. It's as if they don't realize I've paid for two seats! Some have even tried to actually move my stuff themselves, while others have insisted 'Ye can't do that!'

How do you guys keep people from sitting in your seat?
    Pitiful attempt at trolling, really pitiful!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Use the seat as a pommel horse, kicking anyone who comes near in the face. You won't get much study done but you'll keep your fitness and technique up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

You're the guy from Trivia aren't you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Smile, lick your lips and pat the seat frantically whenever you see someone approaching. This should deter most normal people. Be wary of anyone that does sit beside you after you do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Too embarrassed to bring your 'Real Girl' blow up doll with you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

And someone who bought one ticket is entitled to one. So how is this matter solved? If someone moved his bag and sat down, they wouldn't be wrong.

This, basically:
    Rigol wrote: »
    if the seats are reserved by number and you buy two adjacent seats then fair play. good plan.

if theyre not pre-designated your plan is not valid and will just fail ...and im just gonna point to any random empty seat and say 'theres your second seat put your stuff there'.

if theres no other spare seat ill just show you my ticket and give you 5 sec before i sit on your laptop

And this:
    Valetta wrote: »
    You what???

So if I buy 75 (or whatever the capacity of the bus is) tickets it means I can have the whole bus to myself?

Don't be so ridiculous.

Stop siding with a troll, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

I'm not sure who's trolling who in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

And someone who bought one ticket is entitled to one. So how is this matter solved?
    First come first served, Einstein.

Advertisement