Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

They're not my kids but I got told I was the best babysitter in the world. Absolutely made me smile so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,481 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

4.5 year old: "Mammy, they have shooting in the Olympics?!"
    "Yeah"
    "...Do they shoot each other?"

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

ninja900 wrote: »
    4.5 year old: "Mammy, they have shooting in the Olympics?!"
    "Yeah"
    "...Do they shoot each other?"

Only the competitors with the worst aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my 3.5 yr old daughter got her hands on a scissors today and chopped herself a fringe. thankfully i got in while she was still at it, cuse she wanted a cut like her brothers - buzz :-0.
    she is identical to my niece who did the same thing 16 yrd ago, deja vu. same curls and cheeky grin. hope she turns out the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

My 4 yo boy, who normally sleeps til 8.30 - 9, came into me this morning at 7......
    "Daddy, I can't sleep"
    'Why son, what's wrong'
    "I can't work out how many toll bridges there are from here to Antartica"

................ :) how did he come up with that one ??????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

My 2 y/o daughter trying the hulla hoop for the first time! LOL the angry face when the hoop didn't just "go" and kept dropping on the floor was priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was shopping in Dunnes with my six year old daughter this evening. As we were going through the aisles she was telling me all about her day and this continued on until we reached the checkout.

Her: Did you like my stories Mammy?
    Me: Yes 'X', I loved your stories
    Her: Were they funny Mammy?
    Me: Yes 'X', they were funny! You're a funny girl .... sometimes I wonder where you came from [and I hugged her]

Her: Mammy, You're very silly, I came from your [I'm waiting for belly] bottom. Josh [boy at school] told me that I came from your bottom. Now, Josh didn't come from your bottom, just me. Josh came from ....

All the customers in the queue and the checkout lady were bursting their sides laughing. She was thrilled with their reaction and now she thinks she is a comedian :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My 7 month old is addicted to peekaboo! I just have to say "Where's L?" and he bursts out laughing and throws whatever toy he is playing with over his eyes!

Also he has started "pretending" he doesn't hear us saying his name, he stays really still, and then 30 seconds later he starts laughing.

He's a right little clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Cillian (6) was reading a toy catalogue over breakfast, (yes its that time of the year :D). Anyway he turns to me and says
    'Mammy I'm willing to accept any of this lego from Santy'

What do you say to that?
    Answers on a postcard....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My 18 month old is picking up the weirdest habits at the moment. We have to watch our every move. She imitates me putting on makeup, cooking, driving, any dance she sees (Oh yes, that means gangnam style taught to her by my brother), everything! But for the last few nights she suddenly looks like a tiny old lady reading her bedtime story. She insists on sitting in the armchair in her room in her babygrow and pulls a blanket onto her lap. Then puts on her teddy's fake glasses, (lopsidedly) and says BOOK, pointing at it. She licks her finger and puts it on the corner of each page to turn it as she is saying something away to herself. Where she got this from, I haven't figured out yet. Granny or grandad maybe. Cute as a button though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

My little man has started trying to feed us, we have to have a taste of what he's eating at least once per every few of his bites. He'll hold out a peice of whatever it is to us saying "tata, tata, tata" until we "eat" some. Lovely when it's mushed up cereal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I used to work with one of my friends and she used to ring her sister once or twice a week for a chat. Her sister has twin boys, at the time they were 2.

So my buddy was on the phone to her sister one morning and I was working away when she just descended into fits of laughter and hung up the phone. Turns out her sister had said "The twins have gone a bit quiet, hang on", she called out to one of the twins "What are you doing?", one shouted back "cleaning". She went into the kitchen and there was yoghurt all over the glass patio doors :pac:

Ten minutes before CBeebies shut down, our 20 month old said "Bed" and put his hand out to be led up the stairs :) loves his bed... his almost three years older sister still causes some issues though :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

My little one (5) heard we found love playing on the radio and turned to me and said 'mammy we found love in a hopeless place'- my heart melted, she has no clue of the meaning yet she is spot on!

Also, she has had three crying free days in a row at school and after school- so proud as its been a huge adjustment, me working nine to five weekdays and then a few hours over the weekend means we don't see each other as much as we'd like so she takes great pride in telling me when she hasn't cried during the day!

Im head over heels in love with her!

Cillian asked me for 'a refreshing beverage' at dinner last night.
    :D

this is so silly but my little boy, 19mths, was nursing before bed last night and we were listening to Bobby Womack when he started to have a little boogie. He was sitting straddling me as it is the easiest way to nurse now and he was shaking his little bum and jigging up and down. I was just laughing so hard at him. funky baby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Last night my 21 month old was climbing all over her bouncer and I just said 'Be careful now', and she turns around without even a pause and says "don't worry, I know what I'm doing"! Don't even know where she heard it from!

Cillian is on a bit of a vocabulary roll lately:

'Mammy, I know what 'exaggerate' means'
    'Do you?'
    'Yes, Its when you say something that's true and then you sprinkle a little lie on top of it'

My 20 mth old was sitting up in bed the other night after a nurse when his older sis arrived following a bad dream. My little cherub pulled the soother out of her mouth and pulled my top down pointed at my boob for the other one to help herself. sharing is caring and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

My 3 year old little man is very attached to his teddy. Horror of horrors last night, we lost her - the teddy. He bawled crying for a few minutes while we searched. Then he stayed in the playroom while his daddy and I searched and searched again. I heard him going upstairs and two minutes later I found teddy!! :) I called little man down and showed him his beloved teddy. The tears were rolling down his face and he gave her the tightest squeeze and kiss I've ever seen. He had gone upstairs for a silent cry ..:(...and then his little face of happiness when he saw her again was just amazing! :) He must have been completely traumatised by the whole thing because he woke up at 4am looking for his other teddies too! Feel the love people, feel the love..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

At swimming today my youngest found his goggles were leaking so lifted them a bit to let the water out..... forgetting that he had his head under water :D:D
    it's like something I'd do myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

After morning cuddles in bed:

Me: 'I love you, E'

E: 'Okay Mamma. *thinks quietly* I love cupcakes.'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My 22 month old Son pulled my OH's shirt out of the washing basket the other day.. sniffed it and smiled to himself and whispered "Daddy" :D

He's so sweet!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

my 2 year old sat at the table today and ate his dinner on his own for the first time on his own:D

Nobel Prize here we come:rolleyes:

21 month old was in the car today and said 'uck sake' - might have overheard daddy at some point :o oops.

4.5 year old was so proud of herself going to her classmate's fifth birthday party and being a big girl and having us leaving her there and going away for three whole hours and not staying and standing over her. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

I was trying to explain to my 2.5 year old that a friend has a baby in her belly and did he think it would be a boy or girl? So the chat then was the difference between boys and girls and who had willies and who didn't
    Me: daddies have willies but mammies don't
    J: hmmmm perfect!

Made me grin anyway

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I sometimes have trouble remembering the names of the various members of the cucurbitaceae family in French and asked at dinner which one was the 'potiron'. My son (5) told me it was the one that looks like a load of buttocks stuck together.
    potiron.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Was at a neighbours station mass in their house last night . Just after priest lit candles there was a moment of silent reflection. Which my 2.5yr old daughter took as the perfect opportunity to sing happy birthday.
    We rapidly decamped to the hallway and let them at it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 FidoFly

Please post things, that your amazing child did or said what makes you laugh in everyday living.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 FidoFly

I was coming back from school with my 1st grader.
    SON: Daddy, do you know that I can dance in foreign language?
    Me: Yes? A how to dance in a foreign language?
    SON: Well, the dance... Something, something, French... :)

Advertisement