Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

You got most of the big ones. Missed the computer :).

what do I win? ;)

The new velodrome and cycle park is finally open
    2012-09-16122623.jpg
    2012-09-16122626.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

what do I win? ;)

You get to insult one person on the Health&Fitness forum without sanction. *

*Please don't actually do that

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The new velodrome and cycle park is finally open

Where is it?

RobFowl wrote: »
    Where is it?

Northern end of New Plymouth New Zealand, just here http://goo.gl/maps/0bqxF

There a 333m drome, pictured and this 1.7km circuit:
    http://app.strava.com/segments/2221369

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Northern end of New Plymouth New Zealand, just here http://goo.gl/maps/0bqxF

There a 333m drome, pictured and this 1.7km circuit:
    http://app.strava.com/segments/2221369

Bit too far for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

On summer holidays with my winter bike :D last week in Sperlonga, Italy. Usual great holiday stuff and smooth roads + nice climbs for cycling.

Climbing on the left, swimming on the right.
    [IMG][/img]7991337611_3cf505ba1f_z.jpg 20120910_164447[1] by Dubba2, on Flickr

Its a 5km climb that I pushed hard on almost daily but lost my KOM there and I tried to regain it but missed out by 3 lousy seconds.
    [IMG][/img]7991355343_43efcf419d_z.jpg 20120911_184307[1] by Dubba2, on Flickr

[IMG][/img]7991342827_582b7d116c_z.jpg 20120910_170248[1] by Dubba2, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

How do Italian drivers treat you on those kinda roads?

Better than the Irish? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Yep much better, while most people here give you loads of room when passing, some don't, e.g. I did a 30km spin in Cork yesterday and had a truck and 3 cars skim me at different times. Didn't happen once in Italy, they are pushy (car to car) but I don't find them aggressive drivers in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twaimkit

Healy pass and Borlan valley

• Advertisement

with bike

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

A couple of pics I took yesterday afternoon on a spin down to Garretstown beach.

kxsGT.jpg?1

kHQl7.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

twaimkit wrote: »
    with bike

Nice seatpost bag. Looks a bit low - even touch the tyre?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I was also curious about the seatpost bag, it looks great for touring. May I ask about model/cost/where you got it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

route66 wrote: »
    Nice seatpost bag. Looks a bit low - even touch the tyre?

Altura Arran, I use the same one picked up in McDonalds in Rathgar (actually seemed cheaper than the wiggle price, €45 from memory). I've had mine for a couple of winters now and it's got maybe one or two more left in it. Fantastic for long days out, saw a couple of the at the dying cow last week. No issues with clearance, which is weird as I have the connector much further down the seatpost, and my seatpost angle seems the same.

Dark Glasses -Route66 it is as smacl says an Altura Arran. I got it as apresent and it was bought in Droheda but id imagine it could be picked up in many LBS. It is a bit low but i had overpacked it so it ususally didnt rub off tyre and not long after that pic i empitied it a bit. I also have adapter thing positioned as i wanted the option of putting on the smaller bag for shorter journeys without having to remove the whole connector thing every time. But it is a good bag and handy for longer trips.I just have to pack less "just in case" stuff in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

smacl wrote: »
    Altura Arran, I use the same one picked up in McDonalds in Rathgar (actually seemed cheaper than the wiggle price, €45 from memory). I've had mine for a couple of winters now and it's got maybe one or two more left in it. Fantastic for long days out, saw a couple of the at the dying cow last week. No issues with clearance, which is weird as I have the connector much further down the seatpost, and my seatpost angle seems the same.

You could fit a cooked chicken for the lunch in there.

Yep you could easily fit a chicken and a few trimmings:). im asking for it by admittng this but try sandwiches, extra drink, 4 bars chocolate, book of maps, camera, spare gloves spare jacket arm warmers, legs warmers, 4 spare tube repair kit money:rolleyes: yes il know better the next time.

You could fit a cooked chicken for the lunch in there.

So far I've managed two bottles of wine, a roast of beef, half pound of butter and the Irish Times, without using the side pockets. All essentials for a day out on the bike :)

some good alternatives there to my boring selection!i could happily camp for a week in the Borlan valley given a good supply of wine and roast beef :D

• Advertisement

No matter where you point the camera theres something to take a picture of:)

Why I love New Plymouth:

Lunchtime spin in stunning September sun, 16 degrees, slight breeze to keep you cool and the waves rolling in
    2012-09-21121918_zps39943903.jpg
    2012-09-21121929_zpsafd96e80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

8013059389_2da3752187_z.jpg

Cycling back to the tower for lunch, James took a moment to gaze at his escape route

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Heading back to the tower for lunch, James took a moment to gaze at his escape route

Haha! That's Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

lee3155 wrote: »
    Haha! That's Brilliant!
    You're too kind :o
    I was wondering in retrospect whether the shrub was actually intended to look like a certain author, or it was just my imagination

Quick snack stop in the vale of Clara

221732.jpg

Corabutt gap end of Mt Leinster

221733.jpg

Sunset heading up towards the nine-stones

221734.jpg

Greeted by wild horses at the top

221735.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Is that the top of Mt Leinster, Smacl ?

ror_74 wrote: »
    Is that the top of Mt Leinster, Smacl ?

Nope, there's a gate opposite the carpark at the nine stones, and a road you can take up to the mast at the summit. I haven't done it yet, a very tough climb by all accounts, and scary descent. If its anything like Kippure, I'd actually be more concerned about the descent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

A quick spin to Dunhill Castle this weekend:

8013126691_3de46dbc5e_c.jpg

8013131634_cd84bd0cd1_c.jpg

Annestown in the far center background:

8013133276_d0cf1431e6_c.jpg

8013136440_85c31b05ab_c.jpg

It's on a hill so it's fairly high...

8013138222_2d7e7f3af2_c.jpg

It was a really cold day... Thank god the heavens didn't open though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

lee3155 wrote: »
    A quick spin to Dunhill Castle this weekend:

Wow, nice shots! Where is that?

Advertisement