Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Calumshmalum

And you pay per semester online?

Yup. So that was just north of a grand for now, then it'll be another payment of the same amount for next semester, I'm assuming. Thus, I'll be paying just over two grand in total for this academic year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Yup. So that was just north of a grand for now, then it'll be another payment of the same amount for next semester, I'm assuming. Thus, I'll be paying just over two grand in total for this academic year.

Great! Thanks that clears that up for me.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Jazus, did everyone else have great fun playing musical chairs trying to get your id card yesterday/this week?! It only really hit me yesterday evening that college is starting monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Calumshmalum

The whole musical chairs thing just kinda happened, didn't it? Fun wouldn't be the exact word I'd use...

Me being in Multimedia, I don't start 'til Tuesday :D *waits patiently to be pelted with eggs*

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Coolstock

The whole musical chairs thing just kinda happened, didn't it? Fun wouldn't be the exact word I'd use...

Me being in Multimedia, I don't start 'til Tuesday :D *waits patiently to be pelted with eggs*

Yeah haha I start Tuesday too, but to be honest I would almost rather start on Monday (Never thought Id look forward to finishing my summer :eek:... We must have been in the same group for awhile (Yellow group) cause Im doing Visual communications.. I've 2 friends doing multimedia, Ryan O'Shea and Evan Healy (Sound lads) you might have seen then, one has long black hair (Bit Araby looking hehe, and the other has a slightly ginger beard).. Anyways enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Guys, does anyone know how we go about getting lockers? The student leader I was with today explained it but with everything else that went on today, this is one bit of information that didn't stick very well. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Guys, does anyone know how we go about getting lockers? The student leader I was with today explained it but with everything else that went on today, this is one bit of information that didn't stick very well. :o

Well with my course we just got assigned lockers so I'm not really sure :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

You're supposed to bring in a lock, pick an empty locker and tell the guys at the security desk that you're using it

richieffff wrote: »
    You're supposed to bring in a lock, pick an empty locker and tell the guys at the security desk that you're using it

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Thanks that's a great help! Working flat out so haven't even thought of looking at the emails?!
    I'm living up on curaheen drive.. It's a cul de sac of like 6 student houses?
    Anyone else moving in there??

Any chance that place is called Bishopsgrove?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Deans Hall Btown...

Does anyone know if they're open tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Malpancholy

mrmeindl wrote: »
    Deans Hall Btown...

Does anyone know if they're open tomorrow?

I think they are. Reception was open today, I'm sure. But just in case ring them beforehand, and they'll let you move in.

I think they are. Reception was open today, I'm sure. But just in case ring them beforehand, and they'll let you move in.

They weren't answering the phone yesterday :P Hope I wont have to leave all my **** in a friends house for the night, It would be ridiculous if they're not open for "check in" the day before term starts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Well, how did everyones first day go? Parking was a nightmare this morning, any idea when that car park at the side will re-open?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Malpancholy

You need to be up at that carpark before half 8 to get a spot, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Well, how did everyones first day go? Parking was a nightmare this morning, any idea when that car park at the side will re-open?!
    Hopefully soon but be aware it will be pay parking barriers will be in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Free red bull outside reception in Parchment if anyone's around now ;)

Anyone else sign up to more societies than they could possibly participate in? :D

I can't remember half of the ones I put my name down for. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anyone else sign up to more societies than they could possibly participate in? :D

Good job , the societies get their funding based on the signatures etc so the more the better really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 octopusss

If you gave them your number, you'll be looking at at least one text per society a week! :P

octopusss wrote: »
    If you gave them your number, you'll be looking at at least one text per society a week! :P

http://www.cit.ie/sms or reply to the message "STOP"

:D

So we're just over a month in. How is everyone holding up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rafakortez

Hello Guys, I'm Rafael from Cork, I'm graduated in systems analysis and development,
    worked 3+ years with some Delphi/DB's Migration and Management.
    I'm looking for job/work in some IT Startup / Company here in Cork and region.
    I also available for go out and talk, do some meeting and discuss our experiences/lifes.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TonyCork91

Where is the best place in CIT to grab a bite to eat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Welcome to our CorkIT forum

Just popping up a message Welcoming You All, some for the first-time, to our Institute of Technology in Cork.

Don't hesitate in introducing yourself ; ask questions or queries ; replying if you can assist ANother who needs to know something or would like to share any news, info you'd like/can to promote our CorkIT.

ThankYou & Welcome,
    CorkIT mod-team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Hi, Just looking for a bit of advice. I accepted a course in CIT in round one and received letter with registration time for that course, since then I received a new offer in round two. I presume I should turn up at registration for the new course and ignore the info on my letter? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JaneK33

Hello!
    Im really anxious about orientation as I dont know what to expect! Can anyone tell me what happens and what to bring?
    Also, what would I need to buy to take to lectures etc?
    Thank you!

Hello, just wondering what do I need to bring to lectures? Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Zooouma

Don't need a lot for orientation. I brought a pen & piece of paper which I didn't use. You will get showed around campus & registered. Also talk to few lecturers who will tell u what u may need.

@samjd I believe cao will notify them about u accepting a new offer & time for new course is when u should show up

Good luck!

Are places really strict on two forms of ID? I am eighteen since March but I never applied for an age card but Id have college ID

• Advertisement

Thank you! Are places such as Hanover and Bishopstown bar very strict on ID for freshers week? I am eighteen but I would only have College ID

Hi are places such as hanover and bishopstown bar very strict on having two forms of ID on student nights?

Student union running events there? If so there'll be a lot of college id's used. But places in town will be strict if it's not a college night.

Yeah SU are running events but the flyers say two forms of ID , College&Age Card. I only have College ID

Ah Would say just chance it.

Advertisement