Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seanot

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Girl/Boy/(Hybrid): Boy

Boy:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

there are no hybrids in cit thank gawd..

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Name: Neil
    Year/Course: SET1
    Societies/Clubs: Poker...
    Interests: Music, Gym, all the usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Name: Hazel
    Year/course: Multimedia 1
    Societies: Dance, Trampoline, Ladies Rugby, Music
    Interests: see above + socializing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Name: James O'Sullivan (friends call me Jamesie)
    Year/Course: ITS3
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Star Wars, Surfing, Music, Reading, Computers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

Name: Princess Lou
    Year/Course: BBAdmin 1
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Music, Reading, Computers, Swimming and newest edition to that will be soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mrac

Name: Marc
    Year/Course: chem eng year 2
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Far too lazy for any club or society :P but as for intrests computers, anime, gym

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

dat bar is never ever going to happen but yet ucc have 2

Feck that, Glasgow Uni have 2 SU's (each with their own building). The one I was in (The QMU) had a nightclub/gig venue on the ground floor, 3 seperate bars, a pool hall, and a canteen that after time X serves only pizza.... but serves til midnight! :D

And they get big name bands to play there. The kind of bands that would play the Savoy/Cruiscin Lan/Cypress Avenue. Bands I remember seeing posters for included the likes of The Darkness, Travis (and an old poster from Nirvana, when they played the QMU on the same tour as they played Cork's Sir Hendrys).

CIT has.... No club. No gig venue. No bar. And rarely get a decent band that isn't a local one.

But if we don't expect great things from CIT then (unlike those who do) we won't be dissappointed!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Name: Aoife
    Year/Course: 1st year Multimedia
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Trampolining, dance...I surf but haven't gone to the surf club yet cause I'm always working. I like lotsa music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    Feck that, Glasgow Uni have 2 SU's (each with their own building). The one I was in (The QMU) had a nightclub/gig venue on the ground floor, 3 seperate bars, a pool hall, and a canteen that after time X serves only pizza.... but serves til midnight! :D

And they get big name bands to play there. The kind of bands that would play the Savoy/Cruiscin Lan/Cypress Avenue. Bands I remember seeing posters for included the likes of The Darkness, Travis (and an old poster from Nirvana, when they played the QMU on the same tour as they played Cork's Sir Hendrys).

CIT has.... No club. No gig venue. No bar. And rarely get a decent band that isn't a local one.

But if we don't expect great things from CIT then (unlike those who do) we won't be dissappointed!
    :(

yeah i've visited a few uni's in the UK and all of them had a club and bar and really nice common rooms and a place of gigs too. I don't think there r any uni's colleges here that have a club in them, are there?

• Advertisement

no but in england they have to pay fees. which is sort of good in a way because it means you be mingling with people who can also afford to pay 20,000 a year. over here it would just be filled with scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cork Like

hey, im enda, i transferred from tralee, straight into second year com.. im chairman of CIT boxing club, and i think im an alcoholic. theres me introduced. lol.... and i need HELP!!! i did java in tralee, and now i need to know C++.. and also i need to to LAN switching and wireless.... never did it in tralee.... :P help me? can pay for grinds if anyone knows their stuff and has some free time... if so e-mail me "formaltracksuit@gmail.com"

Cork Like wrote: »
    hey, im enda, i transferred from tralee, straight into second year com.. im chairman of CIT boxing club, and i think im an alcoholic. theres me introduced. lol.... and i need HELP!!! i did java in tralee, and now i need to know C++.. and also i need to to LAN switching and wireless.... never did it in tralee.... :P help me? can pay for grinds if anyone knows their stuff and has some free time... if so e-mail me "formaltracksuit@gmail.com"

i used to know loads of that stuff. not sure if i still do now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'd give them to you (need money!) if I wasn't so damn busy :(
    To be honest, find yourself a book. Nothing beats self learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

i did java in tralee, and now i need to know C++..

im currently learning C++ and well frankly its been a bit of an ordeal so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Finally, non ITS people, welcome! :)

psshhh...ye'll all end up in ITS some day. It's inevitable...seriously. Might as well join us now and get it over with...

Hey, maybe we should get our own ITS forum on boards?? Would be easier that way :p
    im chairman of CIT boxing club

We have a boxing club?? :eek: Get the f*ck out?? Were ye not at the sports club?? Drop me a PM man, I have been seriously intrigued...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

yer own ITS forum dat sounds funny!!!

Your ITS soccer game was invaded by a non ITS person hmmmmm!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cork Like

I'd give them to you (need money!) if I wasn't so damn busy :(
    To be honest, find yourself a book. Nothing beats self learning.

self learning.. ya.. see the problem is that i have 2 years of work to do by christmas, so if i cud get some emergency help in assignments etc, and with specific topics before exams itd help more than speedreading textbooks... which iv been trying :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Sarah SC2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 newkid

Name: Ross
    Year/Course: 1st year Higher cert in Business studies
    interests: Love playing Soccer, Having a few drinks:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dogs & Cats

Hi All

I'm incognito. Not doing any course now cause I finished, I work in Cork, very very close to CIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dogs & Cats

Cork Like

the C++ thing you can get free grinds from the learning support centre for programming.

the other thing, all I can say is ARRGGGGG!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Why not?

I'm Adrian, PR3, Somewhere between Cork and Youghal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 newkid

Hi
    I'm Ross
    Studing Business Studies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mirostunning

hey im miriam 3rd year business:rolleyes:

about time they made a cit thread

hey im miriam 3rd year business:rolleyes:

about time they made a cit thread
    Ah cool another person, welcome :pac:

Ah cool another person, welcome :pac:

by cool do you mean 'not ITS'?

towel401 wrote: »
    by cool do you mean 'not ITS'?
    Damn you figured it out, yeah, not another ITS head :)

ya we need more of them around. can't have ITS running the show round here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MissIT

Hi guys :)

ITM1 :cool:

Advertisement