Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game Chasers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Watched the first 2 episodes of this last night, and then went on to watch another 12 :eek:
    Very addictive little show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Watched the first 2 episodes of this last night, and then went on to watch another 12 :eek:
    Very addictive little show.

Told ya'll

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

EnterNow wrote: »
    the retro scene here is so hit & miss....& with prices fluctuating daily one days bargain would be another days rip off :rolleyes:

Thats just how Game Chasin' Go.. :pac:

The thing is, we have the people here on A&R who could really pull off an Irish version of this show. We have the skill set, the equipment and certainly a few people with some personality and quirks (you know, weirdos :) ) that would make it at least interesting to watch.
    We just dont have any shops or markets worth a damn :(

The thing is, we have the people here on A&R who could really pull off an Irish version of this show. We have the skill set, the equipment and certainly a few people with some personality and quirks (you know, weirdos :) ) that would make it at least interesting to watch.
    We just dont have any shops or markets worth a damn :(

But the accent, the godawful Irish accent just doesn't translate well onto camera :( We could get the pyongster to overdub our voices with cool professional sounding English accents :D

• Advertisement

But the accent, the godawful Irish accent just doesn't translate well onto camera :( We could get the pyongster to overdub our voices with cool professional sounding English accents :D

I could dig back to my childhood in America and use that accent :D
    I was in Boston so its not that hill-billy inbred pig rapist accent like a lot of the folk on Game Chasers, but its something :eek:

Edit:
    And just on the Irish accent. It may not translate very well to film but as someone who's travelled a bit for work and pleasure I think it's probably the most loved accent there is abroad. Also, I'm sure a lot of people here who travel around will agree it certainly helps with the foreign ladies :D
    Of course I'm not counting Cork or Limerick accents here, you guys suck!! :eek: :D
    I'm joking of course:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No one ever notices that I'm Irish when I'm abroad. Even when I was younger, people who didn't know me well thought I was English.
    Dunno why I said sound, fair and all that other stuff. I could be the voice. And I think we should call it The Super Pal Friends Show

I was in Boston so its not that hill-billy inbred pig rapist accent like a lot of the folk on Game Chasers, but its something :eek:

Did you hear your man in the flea market, "I pass a lot of gas." He was basically saying all he does for the day is fart & sell stuff :D

Amateur Irish acents on film just makes me cringe, turn on Fair City if you wanna ee what its like :o

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No one ever notices that I'm Irish when I'm abroad. Even when I was younger, people who didn't know me well thought I was English.
    Dunno why I said sound, fair and all that other stuff. I could be the voice. And I think we should call it The Super Pal Friends Show

Then you are under utilising your natural Irish powers.
    When I was a single man in a foreign bar or night club I would sometimes pump my Irishness all the way up to 11 :)

Did you hear your man in the flea market, "I pass a lot of gas." He was basically saying all he does for the day is fart & sell stuff :D

Amateur Irish acents on film just makes me cringe, turn on Fair City if you wanna ee what its like :o

No!! NEVER!!! EVER!!

• Advertisement

No!! NEVER!!! EVER!!

As Retr0 would say, the truth hurts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Then you are under utilising your natural Irish powers.
    When I was a single man in a foreign bar or night club I would sometimes pump my Irishness all the way up to 11 :)

I got by without it, just about.

I was wondering what all the
    "I could have just downloaded the rom, maybe I was scammed"
    lines were about in the current episode...but twigged its obviously in reference to the bell-ends going on about the
    Cheetamen 2 'scam' which Billy & Jay were attcked over, not to mention James Rolfe & Mike Matei

I was wondering what all the "I could have just downloaded the rom, maybe I was scammed" lines were about in the current episode...but twigged its obviously in reference to the bell-ends going on about the Cheetamen 2 'scam' which Billy & Jay were attcked over, not to mention James Rolfe & Mike Matei

Spoilers, Yo!

Spoilers, Yo!

Sheet man, je'zus, I like tod'aly forgot yo :o

Sheet man, je'zus, I like tod'aly forgot yo :o

breakingbadyx.jpg

Ok, well I've now watched them all.
    Really like the show and I just wish they had more funds to grab a bit more of that retro goodness that appears to be all around them.
    Man, we really have nothing in Ireland with regards to retro games :(
    The RAGE looks even crappier in my eyes after watching all these episodes.

I also grabbed the free Retroware TV iOS app to get the latest episodes and check out the other shows. App unfortunately isnt fantastic.

Link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/retrowaretv/id492170716?mt=8

I heart this thread. Such a cool & fun show. It must be nice living in a country where there's enough of a population to actually sustain a retro collecting hobby/habit without buying everything off of fleabay...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That '$1 a cart' stuff makes me sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Christ on a bike Cheetahmen 2 looks brutal but expensive.
    http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Cheetahmen-II-Nintendo-NES-/101656133

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Billys Snes Collection

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVae4oJrvZIF7xxd2sgj2wrAFXbLuA7LMeO8EfpDh60mqTe3Cv

Sigh, if I could tell the 9 year old me something it'd be "keep all your games, no its not worth selling your SNES to buy stuff and for the love of god keep as many boxes in good condition as you can"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Watched it yesterday. Cant wait for part 2

Just bought the Season1 DVD off indigogo, they have well over the funds needed to make it already, worked out at 23 Euro including delivery but the will sign it too if you ask in the comment section, love this show so much figured it was worth throwing them 23 for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right sworn to secrecy here , but
    For anyone interested in US based game collectors, might be worth tuning in to the oul livestream
    http://www.youtube.com/retrounlimlive/
    at about 11pm tonight

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Right sworn to secrecy here , but
    For anyone interested in US based game collectors, might be worth tuning in to the oul livestream
    http://www.youtube.com/retrounlimlive/
    at about 11pm tonight

The stream says 10pm Bob....?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The stream says 10pm Bob....?

the super secret thing happens at 11..I've said too much!

Dr Bob wrote: »
    the super secret thing happens at 11..I've said too much!

Ugh, another hour! :(

70 hours or so left on the Indiegogo campaign, disc 3 will be an exclusive to pre-orders only. They'll also sign the dvd for you if you request it - http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-game-chasers-season-1-dvd/x/4574110

• Advertisement

They must be going to sell a 2 disc version as well then? if disc 3 is exclusive to pre-orders, I just bought the disc myself, looking forward to watching it, ive been thinking about watching them all again anyways, so ill hold on until i get the dvd.

Advertisement