Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game Chasers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Without a doubt one of my favourite 'YouTube series'. Been following those lads closely since day 1. Always an entertaining watch and often very funny. Dodongo is absolutely wild!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Without a doubt one of my favourite 'YouTube series'. Been following those lads closely since day 1. Always an entertaining watch and often very funny. Dodongo is absolutely wild!

Dondongo is hillarious :D

The 'Alriiiight!" guy is brilliant too, & also the other guy shouting "Woooo welcome to Game Chasers woooo!" :pac::pac:

Great show though, no bullsh1t just hunting games & getting bargains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Would be interesting to see a similar show based on Adverts.ie....

laptop-thief.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Never heard of this, but just watched the first two eps and it's good craic. Amazing the amount of classic games stores in the states, I didn't realize they were so many.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Watched the latest episode and it's very entertaining alright. Proof of why the hunt 'IRL' is so much more thrilling than scouring ebay!

That said, I'm not really convinced it's anything other than a slightly geekier Bargain Hunt, but hey we'll let them away with it ;) At least they know what a NES-001 is

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Never heard of this, but just watched the first two eps and it's good craic. Amazing the amount of classic games stores in the states, I didn't realize they were so many.

You'd never heard of it?? Ah man its very good...it really gets good about midway into the first season
    Watched the latest episode and it's very entertaining alright. Proof of why the hunt 'IRL' is so much more thrilling than scouring ebay!

Indeed, & they address this very question in one of the Episodes. Someone asked them why they don't just buy online instead of wasting fuel/energy driving around buying them manually. The thrill of the hunt is the answer they gave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'm definitely an advocate of the 'thrill of the hunt', I might be the only person knocking around this forum who's still never used eBay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

watched all the episodes recently enough. It's very professionally made, and the two guys are quite funny. The Flintstones incident in episode 8 was great!

Ever since I got the RetrowareTV app I've been watching retro gaming videos in bed at night before going to bed, the missus thinks I'm cracked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Finally got around to watching this. Love it, thanks for posting it up, im up to episode 9 now. They made me go to two car boot sales this weekend...

keithgeo wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching this. Love it, thanks for posting it up, im up to episode 9 now. They made me go to two car boot sales this weekend...

Brilliant isn't it. Really puts you in the mood to buy though

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Brilliant isn't it. Really puts you in the mood to buy though

Yeh its really good, makes you realise how bad we have it over here! everywhere they go there are retro games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Why does Billy always look like he's been crying?
    Also its also amazing how stingy they are, imagine their offers on adverts.ie to some of those crazy overpriced adverts "I'll give ya a buck a piece"

Why does Billy always look like he's been crying?

i was thinking that too, weird.

Master of the Universe

Yeh its really good, makes you realise how bad we have it over here! everywhere they go there are retro games.

It's brilliant, but for the above reason, I find it very hard to watch!

I watched it earlier, still cant believe he got a tekken cab up and running for 110 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I watched it earlier, still cant believe he got a tekken cab up and running for 110 dollars.

Ya the prices in general seem to be fairly disgusting compared to what we pay over here for stuff..

My Tekken 3 cab cost me €100...it was en route to a skip from an arcade in town so I gave it a new home

My Tekken 3 cab cost me €100...it was en route to a skip from an arcade in town so I gave it a new home

Nice! how can people throw these things out!

Nice! how can people throw these things out!

One mans treasure is another mans unwanted junk. There's no accounting for taste :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

One mans treasure is another mans unwanted junk. There's no accounting for taste :D

I have junk that's needs shifting, it's mostly hairy cat blankets though. Trade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've not watched a single episode of these :eek:
    Do I need to watch them in order or can I start at the new eps and work backwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »
    Do I need to watch them in order or can I start at the new eps and work backwards?

Best to watch them from the start.

Master of the Universe

Anyone fancy making an Irish version?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well I've got the camera and sound gear for another little while and a crew on standby :)
    Imagine how boring it would be filming the various markets around Dublin and Ireland in general. "Oh look, some PS2 games, wow".

We could always fake it like they do on "American Pickers" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It'd be three minutes long, and it'd be on Adverts even quicker.

Steve SI wrote: »

Watch them from the start, some of the gags are somewhat long running {ie the alright guy} etc. They're addictive, & really make me wanna buy things when i watch them.

The Irish version would be balls, the retro scene here is so hit & miss....& with prices fluctuating daily one days bargain would be another days rip off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

with prices fluctuating daily one days bargain would be another days rip off :rolleyes:

RAGE-ing when that happens........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I now know why I was so crap at gaming...

I needed to wear my cap at a jaunty angle

How does this look? - should improve my shump score no end

5520087216_9e23140651_s.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I now know why I was so crap at gaming...

I needed to wear my cap at a jaunty angle

How does this look? - should improve my shump score no end

5520087216_9e23140651_s.jpg

Ciderman?

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ciderman?

Nah, too much hipsterism to be Cidey....Johnny?

Advertisement