Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game Chasers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Does anyone else follow the gamechasers on twitter?
    Everytime someone tweets them a picture of receipt of the DVD the gamechasers re-tweet, so essentially you end up seeing variations of the same picture everyday... which doesn't bug me too much.
    What I don't understand is people making "unboxing videos" for the DVD. I get why someone would do this for special editions of game/ new consoles in and around the time of release but for a DVD I just don't see the point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I dont get unboxing videos at all, i think its just stupid.

I know a few here have got their dvds in the post, has anyone not got theirs yet? mine still hasn't arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What I don't understand is people making "unboxing videos" for the DVD. I get why someone would do this for special editions of game/ new consoles in and around the time of release but for a DVD I just don't see the point.

If its just for the dvd then no, there's zero point. If it's a game & dvd combo though, the Game Chasers asked people to do unboxing videos to show the random game they got. When you see things like Turtles in Time being bundled in with the dvd, I guess it shows that some people got some very decent games.
    keithgeo wrote: »
    I know a few here have got their dvds in the post, has anyone not got theirs yet? mine still hasn't arrived.

Nope, still nothing here either

Myrddin wrote: »
    If its just for the dvd then no, there's zero point. If it's a game & dvd combo though, the Game Chasers asked people to do unboxing videos to show the random game they got. When you see things like Turtles in Time being bundled in with the dvd, I guess it shows that some people got some very decent games.

Ah, this I did not realise, thanks.:)
    Still ragin I never went for that option, had no space on the CC the first time around but was lucky enough to get in the second round which was just the DVD + Bonus Disc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Still waiting on mine too. I did get an email from them the other day though to say there's still 100-150 in a to send pile so mines probably there!

• Advertisement

Mine arrived this morning signed by all four of them!

Still no sign of mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Got mine yesterday.

Yay my dvd & game combo landed this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yay my dvd & game combo landed this morning :)

Well, don't keep us in suspenders, what game did you get?

• Advertisement

Well, don't keep us in suspenders, what game did you get?

Nothing worth posting :o But still, being a huge Game Chasers fan it's pretty cool to have a game sent to me by them :o

2qdmxpl.jpg

Did you see the guy "JewMario" (Guy who wears yellow wario hat) who does be in some of the videos died via suicide i believe the other day. Judging from the tweets it looks like he suffered from depression.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Did you see the guy "JewMario" (Guy who wears yellow wario hat) who does be in some of the videos died via suicide i believe the other day. Judging from the tweets it looks like he suffered from depression.

Oh really?? :( I remember hearing the username alright, can't place the chap though. Jeez that's awful, I seen boogie2988's latest video & was wondering who he was referencing in it

JewWario, I remember him now & actually watched a few of his vids. That's awful :(

yeh he was only in a couple of the GameChasers ones, usually when they are at game shows on it. He is more in retrowareTvs "The Video Game Years"

Nothing worth posting :o But still, being a huge Game Chasers fan it's pretty cool to have a game sent to me by them :o

2qdmxpl.jpg
    The Game Chasers asked people to do unboxing videos to show the random game they got. When you see things like Turtles in Time being bundled in with the dvd, I guess it shows that some people got some very decent games.

I look forward to your unboxing video ;)

Yeah I saw some re-tweets over the weekend from the GameChasers regarding that poor guy's suicide. Some of the re-tweets referenced articles about his death but I won't repeat the stuff in case any of it isn't true.

I look forward to your unboxing video ;)

Myrddin doesn't do videos ;)

But yeah, I've read more about JewWario there, the posting by his wife is pretty harrowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's terrible news :(. I've watched a few of his vids over the years and he seemed like a genuinely good guy.

It really goes to show that we don't know what's going on in people heads, even if they seem like a bag of laughs on the outside.

Nice to see (for no use of better words) the community coming together with all their tributes to him, he really was well liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Gah, whenever I see you update I always think its a new ep. Think Ill start again from the first one tonight seeing as I totally binged on them and watched a season a day when I first found them.

• Advertisement

Ok, I've consolidated all the episode links into the first post in this thread. They were spread out over nearly ten pages, so they're now all listed in the first post. If you haven't watched this show yet, go ahead, treat yourself...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

2 episodes back to back incoming!

Episode 35 added to list in the first post. Brand new episodes 36 & 37 added to list in first post also, enjoy! :) (listing them as links keeps this thread from slowing down, having so many vids embedded was causing it to lag severely)

The shop A&C games from episode 36 is just INSANE. Anyone not following this show, just watch episode 36 & wallow in despair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

The shop A&C games from episode 36 is just INSANE. Anyone not following this show, just watch episode 36 & wallow in despair

The stuff thats there is just insane! The storage place is about 3 times the size of the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Never knew Space Megaforce was a rare game. Sold it on adverts for 5euro a couple of years back, hope it was to someone here.

penev10 wrote: »
    Never knew Space Megaforce was a rare game. Sold it on adverts for 5euro a couple of years back, hope it was to someone here.

I don't think it's rare per se, maybe in the states it is? The Jap version is the one to have anyway, the PAL & US releases have cut scenes etc removed

Episode 37 - A First Time For Everything has been added to the op. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvpMXuENcpI

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Season 2 DVD available for pre order.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-game-chasers-season-2-dvd

Still haven't gotten around to watching season 1 yet =\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well it took about a week but I have watched all those videos, really love it when they find "uncommon games" in the wild

Advertisement