Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BW1

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan2011

thanks Julia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RizzleKick

Have many people been commenting on this about the interships? Just waiting to hear from A&L and MOP but think A&L should have been this evening they told me this morning in my interview so loosing fate!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

don't think i will be getting a call from AL at this stage. I would love to know how many people were successful and who they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan2011

I wonder if A & L Goodbody are actually taking on anyone, had an interview with McCann Fitzgerald also a few weeks ago and heard nothing back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheDarkKnigh

Just after getting call from A and L, said they had planned on calling around yesterday. I'd imagine they are calling everyone today. Keep the faith everyone, I've gone through a few milkrounds without getting anything and I have a couple of offers this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cooper1234

Just after getting call from A and L, said they had planned on calling around yesterday. I'd imagine they are calling everyone today. Keep the faith everyone, I've gone through a few milkrounds without getting anything and I have a couple of offers this time around

Well done!! Pretty sure I won't be getting a call though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

got a call few min ago! best of luck to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lawfull

Hi all.

Great thread.

Just trying to figure a few things out. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Do you need to have all your fe1's completed before you can apply for a traineeship in the top firms?

If you were to do the FE1 exams in March and October 2013, can you apply to the firms in September 2013? Then if you get a traineeship when do they usually start?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Lawfull wrote: »
    Do you need to have all your fe1's completed before you can apply for a traineeship in the top firms?

While having your FE1's (probably) increases your chances of getting an offer; you can and should apply before you have them.

Lawfull wrote: »
    If you were to do the FE1 exams in March and October 2013, can you apply to the firms in September 2013? Then if you get a traineeship when do they usually start?

The dates you actually do the FE1's are irrelevant, provided you have passed them before the start of your training period.

You apply to the larger law firms for interviews around December every year (dates vary) -- you have missed the "milk round" as it's called for 2011/2012, so your next chance to applly will be at the end of 2012.

If you get a traineeship, there can be up to an 18 month delay before starting -- i.e. if you get it in the December 2013 interview process, you could wait until June 2015 to start in-office training.

---

This only applies to the larger firms. With smaller firms or sole practitioners there can be a lot more flexibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gallee

I don't think A & L Goodbody are taking anyone on either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sarah333

Anyone apply for William Fry? Got an email from them asking me to confirm my grades, but no word since.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

sarah333 wrote: »
    Anyone apply for William Fry? Got an email from them asking me to confirm my grades, but no word since.

I was invited for an interview but they haven't disclosed times yet and they start next Tuesday. My exams start on the 14th of May so would really like to know when my interview is....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Are all these interviews for jobs on the basis that the person will be entering Blackhall this September?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

I Know its a ltl bit off topic, but did anyone hear/ apply to Callan Tansey re traineeship??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Blackrockcomet

It's not that off topic. Good firm, especially after that rateyoursolicitor.com business but I couldn't live in Sligo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

This is very off-topic, and I feel stupid asking, but are there any firms in Limerick which offer TCs?

Yes indeed, there are. Holmes, O'Malley Sexton recruit every year, as do many other firms. Keep an eye on the lawsociety website but it wouldn't hurt to offer to intern at one of the limerick firms, if that is financially possible

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

I was thinking the same, i'd go long ways for an interview/traineeship but I dont think I could live in Boyle/Sligo.

It can't hurt to go over and check them out. At worst, it's a good chance to hone your interview technique. Plus, you still get a few months in Dublin on PPC1 and 2, if you train there.
    The other side is obviously, whether you could live there for 3 plus years.
    It's hard not to chase every traineeship but 3 years with the wrong people or wrong place would be very hard.
    Still you never know until you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sarah333

Anyone heard back from William Fry about the internship? I know they said it would be either last night or Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

Anyone heard from Leman?? They sent around an email saying they would be back to all candidates by the 20th March.....

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

pandas wrote: »
    Anyone heard from Leman?? They sent around an email saying they would be back to all candidates by the 20th March.....

Nope....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 chapster

I got an email from Leman today (on the application website).

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

chapster wrote: »
    I got an email from Leman today (on the application website).
    I got one too but couldn't open it on that rubbish site...could you open it Chapster?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

murrayp4 wrote: »
    I got one too but couldn't open it on that rubbish site...could you open it Chapster?

you have to click on the arrow on the right hand side! that's how I opened it!

yeah - i got one too - no interview for me! BUMMER!

Anyone hear from Callan Tansey re second round?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

anyone heard from Leman following the second round?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 TheGreaterFool

So, having registered a new account (if anyone finds the password for my 6-post "OBSC" username, do shout), I'm wondering if there's a new 2012 thread?

Yes, it's that time of year again..

Advertisement