Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Give it time lad. Also not everyone will be on Boards studying music!

i know... i was jsut being hopefull:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CiaraAisling

cool i'll see you there then :) what course are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

When's yer orientation day lads? :)

When's yer orientation day lads? :)

12th i believe
    and you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Paudyyy

• Advertisement

shane9689 wrote: »
    12th i believe
    and you?
    Paudyyy wrote: »

Ah poo :( I'm the 18th, A-G mofo's!

Ah poo :( I'm the 18th, A-G mofo's!

that sucks, you gonna be staying in student accommodation?
    i wanna see if anyone else is staying in castlewhite

anyone have ideas what the "class party" after orientation is like?

that sucks, you gonna be staying in student accommodation?
    i wanna see if anyone else is staying in castlewhite

Nah I'm from here so will be staying at home :) I do wanna get to know people staying in accommodation though! :pac:

Nah I'm from here so will be staying at home :) I do wanna get to know people staying in accommodation though! :pac:

thats cool, man if i had to live at home any longer id go crazy. luckly theres no music course in galway :D
    well i live in accommodation, you can get to know me haha, :pac: i dont know anyone in cork.

• Advertisement

thats cool, man if i had to live at home any longer id go crazy. luckly theres no music course in galway :D
    well i live in accommodation, you can get to know me haha, :pac: i dont know anyone in cork.

Yeah, well if my English recheck goes up I'll be on my way to Limerick :D Sweet, Cork's a great place to get to know people anyways :) You get the pack in the post yet? They're doing a 5 a-side soccer tournament and a load of workshops and stuff on the 29th :)

Yeah, well if my English recheck goes up I'll be on my way to Limerick :D Sweet, Cork's a great place to get to know people anyways :) You get the pack in the post yet? They're doing a 5 a-side soccer tournament and a load of workshops and stuff on the 29th :)

good luck, hope you get it! :)
    yeah, theres loads of things going on in the first week it seems, unfortunately im not great at soccer :l

good luck, hope you get it! :)
    yeah, theres loads of things going on in the first week it seems, unfortunately im not great at soccer :l

Ah well there's loadsa stuff besides for everyone :) There'll be a pack sent out with a schedule of all the stuff goin on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

my orientation is the 13th..anyone else that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

My registration is the 20th xD

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jay_c93

anyone going to the Hear Scheme Orientation in UCC next week and doing BIS? so nervous, dont know anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

jay_c93 wrote: »
    anyone going to the Hear Scheme Orientation in UCC next week and doing BIS? so nervous, dont know anyone!

I'm going to the orientation :)

I'm going to the orientation :)

im absolutely terrified.. its meant to be great craic though :)

im absolutely terrified.. its meant to be great craic though :)

Haha don't be! We're all in the same boat :) Yup I can't wait! Where are you coming from?

Haha don't be! We're all in the same boat :) Yup I can't wait! Where are you coming from?

Cork itself. only living 5mins from UCC :) and i still dont know anyone :L wbu?

• Advertisement

Cork itself. only living 5mins from UCC :) and i still dont know anyone :L wbu?

None of your friends are going to UCC? :O I'm coming from Clare, so I've to head down on sunday, thankfully I'm not the only one so a few of us are planning on meeting up :)

None of your friends are going to UCC? :O I'm coming from Clare, so I've to head down on sunday, thankfully I'm not the only one so a few of us are planning on meeting up :)

not really no :( most people going to CIT. still looking forward to it though, havent got my pack from them yet, still waiting!
    what course are you doing?

not really no :( most people going to CIT. still looking forward to it though, havent got my pack from them yet, still waiting!
    what course are you doing?

Sure you're better off that way, it'll be easier meeting people :) I haven't either, was hoping I'd get it today! Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or I'll have to wait 'til next friday to open it :P
    I'm doing Environmental and Earth Sciences, you?

Sure you're better off that way, it'll be easier meeting people :) I haven't either, was hoping I'd get it today! Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or I'll have to wait 'til next friday to open it :P
    I'm doing Environmental and Earth Sciences, you?

ya it will be! know a few people who did it last year and they said its mental!same! i was so disappointed when it wasnt there! i got them to email me my timetable anyway tho :L
    im doing BIS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrycailin7

I have to agree with Reacher - your post about lectures being on 9am and it not being convenient if you are out Tuesdays and Thursdays seemed to come across as a typical student stereotype - you said not to bother studying it, and it seemed that the only reason for this is that because of the times it is on.

freshers fest isn't vital at all tbh - don't think I went to mine!

Meow, Well that is my opinion. People are free to choose whatever they like. If you have interpreted my post like that, thats fine. So back up the truck and chill. Other people might like to know what they are taking on for the year. The inportant thing is to study what you enjoy and you're comfortable with. That is my valid opinion of First year History which a lot of my fellow students expressed throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

Is there many people doing the HEAR scheme orientation next week :) would love to know at least some people before Monday :)
    meeee :D

Has anyone else NOT gotten the package thing from UCC yet? Really was hoping it would have come today, now I've to wait until next friday -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

im in the hear scheme but im studying Arts :/ u looking forward to it?? im a little nervous now :/// haha

Has anyone else NOT gotten the package thing from UCC yet? Really was hoping it would have come today, now I've to wait until next friday -_-

becareful about filling it oyt for non ucc plus applicants is on friday! because 7th of september is the deadline for filling it out and thats friday!! so id advice you to try do it before then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

becareful about filling it out on friday! because 7th of september is the deadline for filling it out and thats friday!! so id advice you to try do it before then

That'd be strange to have a deadline for something when that's the week off UCC PLUS orientation? :P

Advertisement