Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

A deadline? I really hope not .. it's a bit unfair to have a deadline, it's not my fault if I haven't gotten it yet ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

A deadline? I really hope not .. it's a bit unfair to have a deadline, it's not my fault if I haven't gotten it yet ..

I haven't gotten it either. There was a picture uploaded to Facebook of people packing the envelopes yesterday so I doubt many have gotten theirs either. We're not going to be denied going to college because we were actually staying in the college when we got our post :)

Luno wrote: »
    I haven't gotten it either. There was a picture uploaded to Facebook of people packing the envelopes yesterday so I doubt many have gotten theirs either. We're not going to be denied going to college because we were actually staying in the college when we got our post :)

Yeah, I saw that too. I e-mailed them anyways, asking IF there's a deadline :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

it mighten be written in stone, but thats what i read on my letter, that registration part 1 had to be done before the 7th..just email the college and ask them about it, im sure they will accommodate you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Salts

Has anyone else NOT gotten the package thing from UCC yet? Really was hoping it would have come today, now I've to wait until next friday -_-

I didn't get mine either, and I'm a HEAR student as well.. Do you think that we'll just get them next week when we're up there in UCC? Because one of the "key features" of the week is College registration according to this link: http://143.239.128.67/en/study/further-info/uccplus/importantdates/details-89440-en.html

• Advertisement

Salts wrote: »
    I didn't get mine either, and I'm a HEAR student as well.. Do you think that we'll just get them next week when we're up there in UCC? Because one of the "key features" of the week is College registration according to this link: http://143.239.128.67/en/study/further-info/uccplus/importantdates/details-89440-en.html

Actually, most people who haven't gotten them yet are HEAR students, so maybe they're going to give them to us while we're there, which makes sense. Unless there's a HEAR student out there who's gotten theirs to prove me wrong :P

maybe its different for you guys, because im not doing HEAR. just for my registration it said to have the online part done by the 7th, but mine could be different

"You will be given yours next week by the UCC+ Office when you attend the HEAR orientation.
    Kind Regards
    Fiona"

RESULT! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

If your stayin in the village pm me people :)

"You will be given yours next week by the UCC+ Office when you attend the HEAR orientation.
    Kind Regards
    Fiona"

well that resolves that issue then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Kind Regards
    Fiona"

Thank God for that, I was getting worried there for a sec :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NaomiRose

Hi people :)
    I'll be heading into first year now soon and as I live in Dungarvan in Waterford I'll be driving down every weekend. :)

If anyone from down here is interested in catching a lift with me pm and let me know ! I'll have 3 spaces for sure, and I can drop you in Dungarvan, or anywhere that's on the way !

I'll be heading down from Cork every Friday evening and coming back up late Sunday or early Monday, in time for 9 o clock lectures :)

P.S. I reserve the right to change plans so you might have to arrange something else some weekends but just puting it out there for the majority of the time :)

Oh, and looking forward to seeing ya'll :D

NaomiRose wrote: »
    Hi people :)
    I'll be heading into first year now soon and as I live in Dungarvan in Waterford I'll be driving down every weekend. :)

If anyone from down here is interested in catching a lift with me pm and let me know ! I'll have 3 spaces for sure, and I can drop you in Waterford or Dungarvan, or anywhere that's on the way !

I'll be heading down from Cork every Friday evening and coming back up late Sunday or early Monday, in time for 9 o clock lectures :)

P.S. I reserve the right to change plans so you might have to arrange something else some weekends but just puting it out there for the majority of the time :)

Oh, and looking forward to seeing ya'll :D

any chance on a small detour to galway on your way? :pac:;)

Sorry Shane, don't think the poor old starlet would make in to galway and back every weekend :P

guess ill have to walk :(

shane9689 wrote: »
    guess ill have to walk :(

:( maybe some one will be driving up and down , if you put it out there that youre looking for a lift maybe youll get lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kate_2293

Anyone doing Arts staying in Deans Hall?? Or is anyone staying in Deans Hall?? Haven't heard any talk about it.. :confused:

Starting to get nervous now lads, going down there from Clare and I don't know a single person :p When is everyone starting to go down, freshers week doesn't stat till the 24th???

kate_2293 wrote: »
    Anyone doing Arts staying in Deans Hall?? Or is anyone staying in Deans Hall?? Haven't heard any talk about it.. :confused:

Starting to get nervous now lads, going down there from Clare and I don't know a single person :p When is everyone starting to go down, freshers week doesn't stat till the 24th???

I'm not doing Arts or staying in Deans Hall but I'm going down from Clare :P

kate_2293 wrote: »

ill be doing music with arts, not sure which halls im in other than where the music building is.

dont worry, im going down too from galway and i dont know anyone either. where you staying in cork?
    iwell my orientation is on the 12th so probably on the 11th ill head down
    yeah lectures and full-on college doesnt start till the 24th same with freshers week i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Is Asian Studies a thing? It goes off and back on the website but it wasnt availible in reg. this morning..

• Advertisement

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Is Asian Studies a thing? It goes off and back on the website but it wasnt availible in reg. this morning..

never heard of it... maybe, but sometimes they canncel things. they cancelled studies in music this year, just email the college!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

keelanj69 wrote: »
    There's a bit about Asian studies in philosophy I think but I dunno about a full degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jay_c93

FIRTHY wrote: »
    im in the hear scheme but im studying Arts :/ u looking forward to it?? im a little nervous now :/// haha

im pretty nervous! i really dont know what i think! and i didnt get any pack yet either which is making me more nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dcbeast

Kind Regards
    Fiona"

Nice :)

Was gonna email them myself but this'll do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DAPOS1993

Do ye think it'd be alright to bring people to your class party even if they aren't doing that course??

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

DAPOS1993 wrote: »
    Do ye think it'd be alright to bring people to your class party even if they aren't doing that course??
    Well the point of the class parties is so you mix with your class and get to know them, so bringing your own friends kinda defeats the purpose of it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

jay_c93 wrote: »
    im pretty nervous! i really dont know what i think! and i didnt get any pack yet either which is making me more nervous!
    lol.. where are u coming from? what course ar ya doing? ye we dont get the info pack until weds becoz were in the HEAR scheme :) dont worry about that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

When are the class parties suppose to be held? Our registration dates or...? :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DAPOS1993

Vetton wrote: »
    When are the class parties suppose to be held? Our registration dates or...? :s

The night of our orientation. And also, I wouldn't really say that it defeats the purpose of a class party like. I mean, it'd just make ya a little more comfortable with talking to complete randomers.

• Advertisement

The night of our orientation. And also, I wouldn't really say that it defeats the purpose of a class party like. I mean, it'd just make ya a little more comfortable with talking to complete randomers.

i think for me it would make it more difficult because id have less incentive to talk to strangers knowing i have my friend to talk to instead as a comfort zone...but thats just me :)

Advertisement