Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Ya. sadly nobody replied haha! I've yet to find somebody doing the BMus. Havn't seen them apart from whats online. They look grand though. What apartment/floor are you in?

checked my account there... im 2nd Floor - C 24 2 - Room No 1!!! and you?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

shane9689 wrote: »
    well m with arts is practically the same just with a few less music modules. same here. no idea yet, i wont be moving in for another week or 2 because of work, but i should probably email them to find out.. and what about you?
    haha we could end up in the same apartment, apparently they usually put 1st years together

think im apartment 26 on first floor. You shluld see it on that TCAS thing where ya pay. Not sure why i picked the BMus now. what do you play?

think im apartment 26 on first floor. You shluld see it on that TCAS thing where ya pay. Not sure why i picked the BMus now. what do you play?

im on the second floor.
    bmus has its advantages too, you get a way better special options modules choice. i was told first year music is abit boring but apparently 2nd year is way better because you start getting more choice on what you want to study
    i play piano, fiddle and guitar .... piano is my main insturment and you?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

im on the second floor.
    bmus has its advantages too, you get a way better special options modules choice. i was told first year music is abit boring but apparently 2nd year is way better because you start getting more choice on what you want to study
    i play piano, fiddle and guitar .... piano is my main insturment and you?

All the same i can't wait to get started. I play the harp, whistles and the piano(only because I can play the harp)

All the same i can't wait to get started. I play the harp, whistles and the piano(only because I can play the harp)

Add me on Facebook if ya want, its easier than this. Andrew Gallagher. There's a harp and guitar in the profile picture.

harp sounds cool,
    i dont have facebook :( only msn and email, ill pm you that if you want.
    sure ill see you in college soon anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 bah94

Has everyone been contacted by UCC at this stage? They haven't emailed me or mailed me anything yet and I'm slightly worried! I'm doing Law International and I have no idea about my timetable or orientation week and all that :/

You'll get a registration pack before the 4th sent to you explainin everythin!
    you can find out your registration date on this http://143.239.128.67/en/study/undergrad/orientation/First-Years-Orientation-Registration/#d.en.129822

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nice to see ye meeting up already - when I was in second year, we did regular enough meetups of forum members which was great craic - it meeting for coffee, but not many people drank coffee, so we called it mixed drinks!

Great idea if someone on here would organise it! Fe*k sake, ye are all making me feel old, ye youngins only starting out1

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Saracarroll

So looking at the time tables, does that mean we start on mon 24th?

So looking at the time tables, does that mean we start on mon 24th?

orientation is on between the 7th to like the 20th or something, then EVERYONE is back starting college on the 24th,
    you should get a letter soon explaining things abit better. i got mine today

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Paudyyy

I think they took music off the Arts course! I wanted to do Music but got an email saying it's unavailable now! Completely f**ked me over with regards to subject choices!!

• Advertisement

Paudyyy wrote: »
    I think they took music off the Arts course! I wanted to do Music but got an email saying it's unavailable now! Completely f**ked me over with regards to subject choices!!

yeah they took music studies off, but im doing music With arts..its a joint honours (or major/minor, depends), basically its mainly music but you get to do an arts subject with it.
    what subjects were you going to do?

Oh apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying! haha
    I'm taking Eng, Geog, Psychology or French ( still not sure) and Computer Science!

Oh apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying! haha
    I'm taking Eng, Geog, Psychology or French ( still not sure) and Computer Science!

pity the removed the music on ya :l
    wish i could do french, but music doesnt let me do any of the good stuff -.- haha
    ill be doing computer science though, so ill see ya in that lecture!

disappointed :( at the lack of music students :(
    *tumble weed rolls by*

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NaomiRose

MartonD2 wrote: »
    Ya no prob :P ...Who else is staying in the village ?? :)

I am ! Havent got any info yet from them tho :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MedGirl17

Any future med students heard anything from UCC re: vaccines etc???

Nothing yet, but I think we have to get them all done ourselves ? I could be wrong though, I haven't heard anything at all from UCC !

Got my 2nd Round offer from UCD today, decided to stick with UCC, loyalty eh?
    If I don't receive a free pen/pencil off UCC I will be very disappointed! lol
    You from Cork or are you moving down?

Got my 2nd Round offer from UCD today, decided to stick with UCC, loyalty eh?
    If I don't receive a free pen/pencil off UCC I will be very disappointed! lol
    You from Cork or are you moving down?

ahh yeah, ucc is better id say XD
    moving down from galway, so dont really know anyone down in cork.
    im guessing youre from cork?
    we get free pencils? :eek: :pac:

It's further away so I'd have a chance of living more independently than if I was going to UCD!
    No, I'm from Louth! Moving down to Cork, Auntie left a house there for me so I have rent free accomodation for the 1st year! :D
    I hope so, considering we have to pay over €2000 in 'contribution' fee's :P

It's further away so I'd have a chance of living more independently than if I was going to UCD!
    No, I'm from Louth! Moving down to Cork, Auntie left a house there for me so I have rent free accomodation for the 1st year! :D
    I hope so, considering we have to pay over €2000 in 'contribution' fee's :P

same here, if i went to nuig id be living at home XD
    so lucky! ill be staying in the crappy student accommodation :l
    do you know anyone going to cork yourself?
    i know! its a joke! soon theyll have mandatory "donations" :pac:

• Advertisement

Nope I seem to be on my own with regards to heading to Cork! Looking forward to meeting new people, and trying to understand the Cork accent! What about yourself? Heading down with anyone?

Nope I seem to be on my own with regards to heading to Cork! Looking forward to meeting new people, and trying to understand the Cork accent! What about yourself? Heading down with anyone?

same here, ill be going alone too. glad to see im not the only one going there alone though.
    is your orintation is on the 12th? think thats when i have to be in cork at
    haha i love the cork accent but yeah it makes no sense :D

same here, ill be going alone too. glad to see im not the only one going there alone though.
    is your orintation is on the 12th? think thats when i have to be in cork at
    haha i love the cork accent but yeah it makes no sense :D

Emm no I think it's on the 17-19th one of those dates! (Arts) Moving down on the 11th and going to try and find work!

Emm no I think it's on the 17-19th one of those dates! (Arts) Moving down on the 11th and going to try and find work!

i thought i saw it written for the 12th... i might check that again :confused:
    ill probably be down around the same date id say, to maybe get work and do orientation. we could meet up for the first week or something seeing as we both dont know anyone there. pm me anyways if you wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ThunderRoad94

Anyone in Brookfield, Block E?

Or indeed, anyone doing Pharmacy? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Got my welcome pack today :)

i thought i saw it written for the 12th... i might check that again :confused:
    ill probably be down around the same date id say, to maybe get work and do orientation. we could meet up for the first week or something seeing as we both dont know anyone there. pm me anyways if you wanted to.

It's different for each course and surname! Yeah that sounds cool man! I sent you a friend request on this so I'll find you easily enough! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CiaraAisling

Is there many people doing the HEAR scheme orientation next week :) would love to know at least some people before Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Give it time lad. Also not everyone will be on Boards studying music!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Is there many people doing the HEAR scheme orientation next week :) would love to know at least some people before Monday :)

I am :)

Advertisement