Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Lads what are ye talking about Sunday? I could have sworn we check in on Monday? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Luno wrote: »
    Lads what are ye talking about Sunday? I could have sworn we check in on Monday? :eek:

If you're not living near hand, you check in a day early so you'll be there in time for Monday's events. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

For anyone that's going to check in on sunday and is planning on going around the campus and meeting up etc. , I'm pretty short with brown hair and a side-fringe, just in case ye see me before I see you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Has everyone been contacted by UCC at this stage? They haven't emailed me or mailed me anything yet and I'm slightly worried! I'm doing Law International and I have no idea about my timetable or orientation week and all that :/

Has everyone been contacted by UCC at this stage? They haven't emailed me or mailed me anything yet and I'm slightly worried! I'm doing Law International and I have no idea about my timetable or orientation week and all that :/

Only if you're part of the HEAR scheme will you have heard something .. otherwise, I don't think we'll hear anything about our course with timetables etc. until next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Not a word :P First round CAO deadline was just yesterday, though, right? Any day now... :)

Ah don't worry about it. The only people I know who've been contacted are HEAR applicants and that's because their orientation starts on Monday. The registration dates are up on the UCC site somewhere if you want them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

People on DARE have also been contacted because orientation for people on DARE is next week too. :)

For anyone that's going to check in on sunday and is planning on going around the campus and meeting up etc. , I'm pretty short with brown hair and a side-fringe, just in case ye see me before I see you :)

Hahah, okay. Long, long brown hair, and no height at all for me. I'll just 'Caiomhe?' everyone by that description. Hey, we all might bump into each other in the apartments before that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

yep im a red head and the names Edel :) just shout around and ur guaranteed to hear me shout back :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 brian badonde

No problem :) I'm doing Environment and Earth Sciences, you? :)

I'm doing environmental and earth system sciences too :D . What number appartments are ppl in in castlewhite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

French, Geog, Spanish (can you start a beginner level?), and maybe European Studies :)

I'm doing environmental and earth system sciences too :D . What number appartments are ppl in in castlewhite?

Oh cool, you're like the second person I met doing it :D are you going down for HEAR?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

PM me in your staying in the village! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

English, Geography, History and Politics..... :) whats the timetables like??

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Only if you're part of the HEAR scheme will you have heard something .. otherwise, I don't think we'll hear anything about our course with timetables etc. until next week :)

all our timetables are on the website just to let ye know :)http://timetable.ucc.ie/1213/programme.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

it's a shame I haven't seen anyone here that is about to start finance in UCC :/ if there is anyone out there (here), PM me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

123 LC wrote: »
    all our timetables are on the website just to let ye know :)http://timetable.ucc.ie/1213/programme.asp

Oh GOD it's hideous! I'm going to miss so much Jeremy Kyle this year :(

I'm in everyday besides the weekend. ;( Ah, this looks good. Thanks. :D

I can't read them :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Zola100 wrote: »
    Is any one moving into castlewhite ?? , me and mate got accepted there today moving down from galway :) does anyone no much about it , is it good crack ?

i am, and im from galway too. I dont know anyone in cork though so im abit apprehensive, cool to hear other people from galway are going down aswell

hi lads,
    I just completed first year arts.
    Just to let u know for those doing history, hope ye are morning people.
    Lectures are 9am Monday, Wdnesday and Friday.and 10am another day (wish i had known this)
    Unless u love history, I wouldn't bother studying it.
    I loved history in school but its uber boring here. I just used leaving cert revision book and passed it.
    Hope this helps ye.
    Take care and enjoy UCC.

sounds like a bag of laughs...guess ill be picking computer science then (i like my sleep-ins)...

well! i got castlewhite aswel..movin down from mayo...thought i was goin to be a loner. good to know theres other westies.

West for the win!

does arts with music count? XD
    ill prob be doing italian and computer science (along with music obviously). pity about the lack of choice in arts with music though ( would have loved to do spanish :l )

anyone else doing music with arts? would be cool to know, because i dont know anyone in cork! -.- (from galway)

pretty sure you can do beginner spanish but they advice that you only do it if your good at languages, which is a load of crap, i started learning spanish on my own..easy peasy
    but i did terrible at french in school, i couldnt even say my name haha

hey everyone, jsut wondering if theres anyone else starting music this year in ucc?
    i just got accepted and it would be cool to find out who ill be studying with since i dont know cork at all (from galway)
    plus any discussions about ucc music would be welcome here too...
    cool

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

shane9689 wrote: »
    West for the win!

Well! Are you doing the BMus or Arts-Music?
    I'm In Castlewhite too

Well! Are you doing the BMus or Arts-Music?
    I'm In Castlewhite too

did you post about getting the music entrance exam afew months ago? haha i just replied to that post.

im doing music with arts, castlewhite too? cool, have you seen the apartments yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

shane9689 wrote: »
    did you post about getting the music entrance exam afew months ago? haha i just replied to that post.

im doing music with arts, castlewhite too? cool, have you seen the apartments yet?

Ya. sadly nobody replied haha! I've yet to find somebody doing the BMus. Havn't seen them apart from whats online. They look grand though. What apartment/floor are you in?

• Advertisement

Ya. sadly nobody replied haha! I've yet to find somebody doing the BMus. Havn't seen them apart from whats online. They look grand though. What apartment/floor are you in?

well m with arts is practically the same just with a few less music modules. same here. no idea yet, i wont be moving in for another week or 2 because of work, but i should probably email them to find out.. and what about you?
    haha we could end up in the same apartment, apparently they usually put 1st years together

Advertisement