Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Hit "m" and a menu will pop up. I think theres another quick key to add a waypoint, maybe "n".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Can we go back to a standard map yet? I can't be alone in thinking that factions has been a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Can we go back to a standard map yet? I can't be alone in thinking that factions has been a failure.

It has separated the boards community all right, but alot of people put time and money diamonds into their bases. They are not going to want a reset

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tiptopgolfy

Roorah wrote: »
    I have a habit of exploring mineshafts. If I find a chest with more items than usual I'll give ya a shout

Thanks for the help! But the good news is I have now found the stash and am building the base!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

There are neutral factions that have their own villages, so the server has the best of both worlds. The only thing I don't like is being on the server when there's a battle going on and not being able to see whats happening!

• Advertisement

Kenno90 wrote: »
    It has separated the boards community all right, but alot of people put time and money diamonds into their bases. They are not going to want a reset

So have I, But after the disastrous attempt at overthrowing MnC people have either quit or moved to neutral factions.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Then, if thats your view, swallow your pride and all four of you split into seperate factions.

I am proud to announce The Celts now have a faction base yay everybody celebrate!

Also How do you set your spawn point on this server?

ps. To celebrate I made a cake everyone can have a slice
    newsign.php?line1=MnC&line2=will+one+day&line3=go+down%21&Icing=Icing

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Then, if thats your view, swallow your pride and all four of you split into seperate factions.

Smart, Lets fix the server by splitting into smaller and smaller groups until the only remaining players are neutrals and a single 1 person faction that has crushed everyone else.

Find me 1 person who still enjoys factions, That is a non neutral and has actually played on the server actively for more than a few days.

Lets look at the current factions.

MnC(4) - 4 Active
    TMFC(3) - 2 Active
    Armageddon(3) - 2 Active
    Splorers(1) - Active
    TheCelts(1) - Active
    blaa(1) - Active
    Exo(1) - Active
    Asgard(3) - 1 Active
    AWE(6) - 1 Active
    temp(3) - 1 Active

NAMBLA(4) - Unsure
    TheParish(1) - Unsure

TMMFA(6) - Neutral
    Traders - Neutral
    Chemists - Neutral

Gardai(4) - Inactive
    DreamTeam(4) - Inactive
    ChaosClan(1) - Inactive
    MineRaider(1) - Inactive
    Dictators - Inactive

5 factions no longer play actively.
    3 factions are neutral

There is 20 factions.
    5 factions no longer play actively.
    3 factions are neutral.
    2 I am unsure about.
    10 are non neutral.
    7 of the non neutrals have only 1 active member.

That leaves 3 non neutral, active ACTUAL factions(Not single players!) to play on the server correctly. However you are right, Who needs actual factions! We should instead all go lone wolf:rolleyes:

Believe it or not but MnC is the only thing keeping this factions server from collapsing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Once again, you think the entire point of factions is raiding bases...

• Advertisement

deconduo wrote: »
    Once again, you think the entire point of factions is raiding bases...

Then what is the point of factions?

Find me 1 person who still enjoys factions, That is a non neutral and has actually played on the server actively for more than a few days.

I've played for a couple of months now, am not neutral and enjoy factions!

I can honestly say, I have been on this server a lot more often since factions

I can honestly say, I have been on this server a lot more often since factions

But you also were looking to get into a neutral faction yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Gardai are just on there annual leave. We're still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

A lot of people are focusing on resits right now.

Like Xenon, I would be on the server less often if it wasn't for factions right now. It is unfortunate that there are neutral factions but I guess that is coming from my point of view, as an active faction player. However I understand why that feature exists.

Granted the server is slow, but that is how it was always going to be. Large lull periods where people gather their materials and then an influx of activity as one faction (or a group of factions) come under attack. Looking at it that way, it is quite realistic. You can't expect there to be wars going on left right and centre every afternoon. Because of the nature of this game, there will be periods of calm.

Well can an area be set for neutrals/non neutrals to just play normally without risking having any of their creations destroyed? Sort of like spawn should of been from the start. A large no combat zone for anyone to build in.

I was pondering joining a neutral faction but that's the great thing. We can play factions one minute then switch to neutral and just play survival all on the same server

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

Can AWE get switched to a neutral faction?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Can AWE get switched to a neutral faction?

What?!

• Advertisement

What?!

Me, Kronnn, Mrs_Rashers and Aodhon are all sick of the factions rules being changed. if it was default factions it would be fine, but these tweaks to the rules just aren't a good idea in our opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Me, Kronnn, Mrs_Rashers and Aodhon are all sick of the factions rules being changed. if it was default factions it would be fine, but these tweaks to the rules just aren't a good idea in our opinions.

Which tweaks in particular?

I would also agree on getting rid of neutral factions and instead having an area as neutral. That way people can continue to enjoy their survival experience but if they leave that area, they become faction targets.

I was pondering joining a neutral faction but that's the great thing. We can play factions one minute then switch to neutral and just play survival all on the same server

But can we? Are we really allowed to jump about from neutral to non neutral every few days?

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Which tweaks in particular?

I would also agree on getting rid of neutral factions and instead having an area as neutral. That way people can continue to enjoy their survival experience but if they leave that area, they become faction targets.

Mostly the whole breaking blocks on faction land was the main one. It should not be that easy to raid factions. The whole point of factions is to have sieges and battles to reduce faction power before even considering getting to get the loot. The only way to get into a factions base is to claim there land after getting there power down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Mostly the whole breaking blocks on faction land was the main one. It should not be that easy to raid factions. The whole point of factions is to have sieges and battles to reduce faction power before even considering getting to get the loot. The only way to get into a factions base is to claim there land after getting there power down.

This is what I wanted, but everyone complained about it...

A server reset to rebalance everything and implement changes.

A large safe zone, Maybe 500x500(Might need to be larger) which anyone can build in but pvp is disabled. This should include a central town where trading can be done. This means if people want factions, They go out into the wilderness and fight however if they just want a few hours of peace they can walk into the safe zone and be free from the violence.

TNT/Fire/Creeper damage disabled. Is it possible to still have TNT damage while disabling its block damage?(To allow for TNT traps).

Doors/Levers may be used by anyone. This encourages elaborate entrances and traps while also preventing impenetrable strongholds.

Blocks may only be destroyed by faction members. This, Along with disabling TNT/Creepers will make obsidian bases redundant, And allow for people to build their strongholds from anything and look as pretty as they want.

Raiding may not be done within X and Y times, For example raiding may only be done from 6pm to 12pm. This prevents people from destroying bases over night or while people are at work.

Power is lost when offline. Perhaps when a user is offline for more than 2 days their power begins to drop at a rate of 1 per 2 days. This encourages factions to drop their inactive power padding players.

Some form of ruleset needs to be drawn up with regards to raiding etiquette and what can and can not be done as no matter how many times I have asked no one seems to know how to raid correctly:rolleyes:

Is it possible to have it annouced over chat when a door or lever is used within your territory? That would work wonders as well.

These suggestions are coming from someone who will benefit the least from them but knows they will help the server as a whole. Please just consider them as AWE's change to neutrality highlights my concerns voiced in previous posts:/

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

If you look at Buttany's post on the last page, showing the inactive factions, the people who complained were in them, so if they are inactive, why are we still playing by the rules they moaned for?

And also Buttany, I don't want to be neutral, if AWE go neutral I'm moving faction

A server reset to rebalance everything and implement changes.

A large safe zone, Maybe 500x500(Might need to be larger) which anyone can build in but pvp is disabled. This should include a central town where trading can be done. This means if people want factions, They go out into the wilderness and fight however if they just want a few hours of peace they can walk into the safe zone and be free from the violence.

TNT/Fire/Creeper damage disabled. Is it possible to still have TNT damage while disabling its block damage?(To allow for TNT traps).

Doors/Levers may be used by anyone. This encourages elaborate entrances and traps while also preventing impenetrable strongholds.

Blocks may only be destroyed by faction members. This, Along with disabling TNT/Creepers will make obsidian bases redundant, And allow for people to build their strongholds from anything and look as pretty as they want.

Raiding may not be done within X and Y times, For example raiding may only be done from 6pm to 12pm. This prevents people from destroying bases over night or while people are at work.

Power is lost when offline. Perhaps when a user is offline for more than 2 days their power begins to drop at a rate of 1 per 2 days. This encourages factions to drop their inactive power padding players.

Some form of ruleset needs to be drawn up with regards to raiding etiquette and what can and can not be done as no matter how many times I have asked no one seems to know how to raid correctly:rolleyes:

Is it possible to have it annouced over chat when a door or lever is used within your territory? That would work wonders as well.

These suggestions are coming from someone who will benefit the least from them but knows they will help the server as a whole. Please just consider them as AWE's change to neutrality highlights my concerns voiced in previous posts:/

This sounds very reasonable bar the creeper and TNT damage.
    Creeper damage just adds to survival in a way so why remove it.

Now with the TNT, as annoying as it can be due to people then making obsidian bases to prevent it, I still personally think it would be far more interesting if we ban obsidian (yes this has been suggested to death). This would mean people make bases pretty and how they want as it would make no difference to an extent what material they use, while allowing for interesting raids by making cannons which has not been done yet due to obsidian bases.

The only problem now is still the underwater aspect. Maybe a way to stop water/lava preventing TNT damage. This would also make cannons more interesting as they would need to be rebuilt each time and make them more of a one shot then raid kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

This is wrong. Sure, there were a lot of posts complaining about it, but you'll notice they're from the same very few people who like to talk loud.

• Advertisement

So it seems AWE decided to lock me in prison and then proceed to chase me around country meadows, only to kill me!

All I can say is "War is declared".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement