Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Gav, about the blocks in your base. We couldnt destroy them as they said they were owned by players: cnc95fan and GavMcG.
    There were only a select few blocks we could actually destroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tiptopgolfy

This is my defense for what is being referred to as quote "Griefing" :

The server I was playing on was a pvp server. Since the main nature of pvp is war and fighting one would assume that burning down property wouldn't be a problem, but instead it seems I was banned for this act.

It's funny that one should use the word property when referring to the ship that was burned down, since Merriam-Webster defines property as the following:
    something owned or possessed; specifically : a piece of real estate

This ship however was not owned for you see it was in the wilderness, if someone were just to build a house on a farm would that person own it or the farmer that owned the farm?

In theory the answer to the question above would be the farmer, since he is the one paying for the right to own the land. One would naturally think that a ship built on a piece of land that is not claimed would be owned by the person who owned the land, but of course who owns the wilderness? No one!

So it appears to me that I'm being banned for something that isn't a crime, since how can be damaging something that someone doesn't own be considered a crime.

ps.
    Can something be done about this a.hole.....its def not the first time he's been mean for no reason & he's currently on the server now being well, mean.
    Rachel tell me of a time where I have been quote 'mean' besides the incident that has just happend? Which one is unsure of how that can even be considered 'mean'!

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Tiptopgolfy/Celticwarrior97

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Destroying property of a neutral faction is a banable offence. As far as minecraft is concerned, if you put time and effort into a project then that is seen as your work.
    No adjustment will be made to your ban.

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Gav, about the blocks in your base. We couldnt destroy them as they said they were owned by players: cnc95fan and GavMcG.
    There were only a select few blocks we could actually destroy.

Ohh yeah, I noticed that. It wasn't coming up as MnC on my screen. It was coming up as "Public Faction Land. Owners; cnc95fan, Buttany"

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gaynormark0

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    12 hours? Gosh that's very kind of you. Well when you get bored of walkin around the inside of our base with nothing to do then just give us a shout. Cheers. ;)

well considering i have work tomorrow it could end up faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar longer :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Was it a "neutral" faction that you attacked? They're not to be griefed. Or was it factionless noobs?

Anything else is fair game afaik.

BX 19 wrote: »
    Was it a "neutral" faction that you attacked? They're not to be griefed. Or was it factionless noobs?

Anything else is fair game afaik.

No it was Rachel's flower power, my little pony, tea party, ... what ever their name is :p, faction.

A no go.

Right on the impending receipt of a new charger for the laptop, I feel like I should ask a question.

How do you break into faction territory? I tried making a TNT cannon beside AWEs wall the other day and it just exploded not making a hole. How do we get in if we cannot destroy blocks? Do ladders work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

BX 19 wrote: »
    Right on the impending receipt of a new charger for the laptop, I feel like I should ask a question.

How do you break into faction territory? I tried making a TNT cannon beside AWEs wall the other day and it just exploded not making a hole. How do we get in if we cannot destroy blocks? Do ladders work?

You can now place and destroy blocks in enemy faction land as long as one member of the faction is online. I believe for each block placed/destroyed you take health damage for 1.5 hearts.

Ahhh. It was a lone raid in the middle of the afternoon nobody was on. Way to waste TNT :/

• Advertisement

Blocks like chests and doors cannot be broken under any circumstances I believe. Dec would be able to explain the whole thing a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Blocks like chests and doors cannot be broken under any circumstances I believe. Dec would be able to explain the whole thing a bit better.

so you cant break through enemy doors at all until you claim their land??

Kenno90 wrote: »

Not too sure on the mechanics of the block breaking. You can't manually break doors AFAIK but it may be possible to do so with a TNT cannon or you can now place TNT on the land I assume. I haven't done much testing with it myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Kenno90 wrote: »

You can't break the door, but you could just place a pressure plate in front of it :) Or break the blocks next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cidmon

1. That is a feature of our base. It rebuilds the obsidian when it is destroyed.
    2. Not sure about this. Think they shouldn't be breakable tbh.
    3. Tnt cannot destroy obsidian and water shields blasts from tnt, so does lava.
    4. Land is claimed by us so of course they are inaccessible.

1 it wasnt the roof it was the lower levels where no lava/water was present
    2 tnt should blow doors off?
    3/4 tnt was placed beside chests where nothin was there to shield them

deconduo wrote: »
    You can't break the door, but you could just place a pressure plate in front of it :) Or break the blocks next to it.

tnt wont blow a door/trapdoor off? what about not being able to destroy the chests with tnt?

No. Tnt should NOT be able to blow up chests/ doors etc.

No. Tnt should NOT be able to blow up chests/ doors etc.

somthin needs to be done about that then

whats to stop me havin all my stuff in chests in a open area without walls/doors and just log off when my power starts getin low?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gaynormark0

cidmon wrote: »

whats to stop me havin all my stuff in chests in a open area without walls/doors and just log off when my power starts getin low?

I would agree, as (i think it was) Gav pointed out back durin the DT raid whats the point in raiding if you basically own their base yet still cant access their loot. :confused:

cidmon wrote: »

I would argue that it's a sacrifice between being able to break blocks and being able to loot chests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

So I was doing some 'sploring earlier when I came across someones remains. While grabbing the Diamond armour I noticed a shining book.

Armageddons Saga by Alkb.

2012-08-22_010426.png
    2012-08-22_010430.png
    2012-08-22_010432.png
    2012-08-22_010434.png
    2012-08-22_010435.png

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

FROG :pac:

Roorah wrote: »
    So I was doing some 'sploring earlier when I came across someones remains. While grabbing the Diamond armour I noticed a shining book.

Armageddons Saga by Alkb.

Who's the hoarder?

Love how they were waiting for our attack... Don't worry lads... bit busy at the moment but we'll try to fit you in for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

FROG :pac:

And a fairly fudged up texture pack by the looks of things.

Link to the newest one (Assuming it's faithful32 I'm seeing): http://goo.gl/kzNkX

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

everytime air ! im beginning to think ur some kinda texture pack nazi :pac:

thanks for the link

Page 2 of that diary wasn't very nice!

Page 2 of that diary wasn't very nice!

I have to agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I have to agree with you.

Ye me too, though i'm sure it's just harmless banter, celtic :)

I realise its banter but these guys are powerful! But now that have I been kicked from their faction, and know their co-ords I put myself at risk from attack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

If we didn't know them ourselves you could be sure a "donation" would be on its way to your account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement