Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Movie Fest - New Cinema Event for Dublin

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Going by last year's line-up, each day will probably show a comedy. The Watch (with added sci-fi!) or The Campaign would be good bets.

The Bourne Legacy, Total Recall or The Expendables II are likely bets for the high-profile exclusives, a week or so before full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

isn't it mid august again, Total Recall out the 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Anyone know what dates this is on? I'm presuming the equivalent weekend to last year (making it 11 & 12th) but anyone know for definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

allanb49 wrote: »
    isn't it mid august again, Total Recall out the 2nd

Could have sworn it was out on the 29th.

ah it is, its the 2nd in the states sorry about that so that could be one too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

allanb49 wrote: »
    ah it is, its the 2nd in the states sorry about that so that could be one too

No worries..ya im sure that will be one maybe with another half assed intro from Colin.

he might make an appearance this time,

• Did anyone find out any information, about this years fest yet? The website just says details coming soon.
    Would love to go, if the dates suits.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is anyone else getting a bit annoyed about the lack of information on this at this stage? This time last year we knew what films would be shown and had plenty of info on goodies that we could get and exclusives that we would see, we don't even have a date yet this year!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

From what I've heard, it's happening a little later this year. As Douglas Adams would say: don't panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I really don't want to miss out on this again so hope it's announced soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 adrianfl1

I got the impression that last year everything was done the last minute.There was info on the poster outside cineworld saying that movie fest is on in mid August and ask instore for more details.I walked in to cineworld and asked all staff about it and no one knew what I was talking about[at the time there was only 3-4 weeks to go!!]
    Also, if you remeber every week they were announcing new films and footage being added to the line up.So, I got the impression from all of this that they literally came up with the idea of moviefest about 2months before the moviefest event[and thats why they were announcing new things for the line up the last minute
    ].
    So, hopefully,since it'll be more prepared this year, when they finally have the info on moviefest they'll announce the full line up straight away![so that if you are trying to get friends to go to it you can give them all the details straight away]
    Anyway we'll have to wait and see

• This was posted on movies.ie
    We're planning away at the moment, we'll be making an announcement in early August, the dates will be in September of this year... we'll put more up on the site soon. Stay tuned.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This was posted on movies.ie

Excited!! Hope to hear some more news on it hopefully this week!! :)

• From http://filmireland.net/2012/08/01/movie-fest-returns-to-dublin/
    The second annual Movie Fest, modelled on the massively successful ‘Comic Con’ annual event held in the US, will take place at Cineworld Cinemas, Dublin on September 8th and 9th. The first Movie Fest in August 2011 saw sold-out houses at Cineworld for a variety of screenings, presentations, previews, and hot-off-the-presses movie merchandise, and the 2012 event is set to be even bigger.
    Following last year’s sell-out screenings, the 2012 event will showcase exclusive previews and new footage of the hottest upcoming Hollywood movies
    The event will showcase, for the general public, exclusive footage from upcoming Hollywood blockbusters along with previews of at least six Hollywood films not due for release until later in the year. Day tickets will be available for purchase for the event, and each day will include the high-profile feature film previews along with presentations from all major Hollywood studios. Exclusive footage direct from the recent Comic-Con in San Diego will be shown at Movie Fest 2012, including extended clips, trailers and behind the scenes snippets from upcoming blockbusters.
    Last year saw a few surprises in store including specially recorded greetings from some A-list filmmakers and actors, and this year will be no different. All major Hollywood studios will be previewing their upcoming slate of films with new footage and trailers including Warner Bros., Disney, Universal, Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox and Paramount.
    Movie Fest takes place at Cineworld Cinemas, Parnell Centre, Dublin on September 8th / 9th, and the full schedule will be revealed over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

Brilliant!! Really enjoyed this last year but only managed to get a ticket for Sat! (apparently the better day, but still!!) have to go again this year for the whole lot! :D

• Does anyone know how quickly the tickets sold out last time?

Does anyone know how quickly the tickets sold out last time?

And when they will be on sale this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭event

Working nights that weekend :(

• They have just updated the site http://www.movies.ie/fest/, tickets will be €25 per day and on sale next week from cineworld (site and box office).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

No real info there except for the price of the tickets.

Its getting silly how little info there is!! (also that site is horrible!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have tickets for this gone on sale yet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Have tickets for this gone on sale yet?

As of yet they still haven't been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

lockie1983 wrote: »
    As of yet they still haven't been released.

Thanks for that....obviously confident it will sell out no matter how late they release them.

How fast do these sell out? Any guesses? Is it worth going to both days or is one enough? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 adrianfl1

just to give you an idea of how fast they sold out last year. It says on other blogs promoting moviefest this year 2012 that it sold out weeks before the event last year. But if you look at last years moviefest posts on here people were posting and saying they just bought their ticket.The last person to say that was posted 1-2 days before the moviefest event.I know my sister couldnt get in the last minute.So,they may have sold out the last day,but definitely not 2-3 weeks before the event.

However this year because people will know about it more,it may sell out quicker.I'm not taking any chances and as soon as they are available I'm buying my tickets.Thats why I am checking www.movies.ie/fest every day and then going to news/updates. Then I'm telling everyone I want to go about it and I'lll be recommending that they make up their minds whether they want to go or not within a week the latest just to make sure they are able to get tickets.

Hope this helps!

That does, thanks :) Just wondering because I don't get paid til Tuesday and I would hate to miss out if they went on sale at the weekend or something! How did you find it overall? Any nice freebies?

This was just posted on the Movies.ie Facebook
    A quick update on Movie Fest tickets. Cineworld are installing a new back-end to their ticketing system this weekend, so we have to wait until early next week before releasing them for sale.

Once tickets go on sale we can start to reveal the 2012 line-up, we have some AMAZING movies this year, we can't wait to share it with you!

Don't forget to keep September 8th and 9th free in your diary!

Keep an eye on http://www.Movies.ie/Fest for more details

Really wish that they would hurry up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Hoping to see Looper, V/H/S, Killing Them Softly and (at a longer shot) The Master at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Are people going to buy tix for this before the movies are announced?

There are loads of up coming movies I really want to see but I'm not parting with funds until I know what the line up is. So is it gonna be like Electric Picnic and Oxegen (of old) where the gig sells out before the line up is even rumoured!!

Advertisement