Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Movie Fest - New Cinema Event for Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭event

looks like parnell street car park would be best, but doesnt open until 11.
    anyone know where would be the closest on street parking i could park for an hour or two while the first movie is on, then move it into the car park after

on a sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭event

ah, looks like o sorted it myself, i should be able to park on loftus lane for a while, then move into the car park

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

humanji wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get there on Sunday for the first movie. Is it possible to go in after it and see the Sony Presentation, or do I have to wait until the 12:45 session to get back in?

There is an unofficial 5 minute break between the screening of '30 Minutes Or Less' and the Sony Footage (Total Recall, The Amazing Spiderman, etc.. ).

'30 Minutes Or Less' is scheduled to end at 11.50am (including the credits), so if you have your Sunday wristband on, you can get in for the Sony stuff, which is scheduled roughly for 11.55am. Their goodies are being handed out by Sony themselves after their footage at 12.35 approx!

Times are subject to change, but really shouldn't unless theres a technical problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

event wrote: »
    ah, looks like o sorted it myself, i should be able to park on loftus lane for a while, then move into the car park

I know you said it's sorted but at that hour of the morning on a Sunday you should get plenty of on street parking around the cinema for an hour or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

event wrote: »

If you park in Jervis St. car park it's €12 for the day, and opens at 9 on Sunday. Straight walk up Jervis St. to Cineworld.
    http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/carpark/jervis_street/d1/dublin/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I know you said it's sorted but at that hour of the morning on a Sunday you should get plenty of on street parking around the cinema for an hour or 2.

If only sum1 i knew had a car and cud drive in at that hour of the morning instead of getting a bus

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

How come the Colin Farrell intro wasnt played and whats the deal about Mib or spiderman thought 1 of them were going to be shown

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

I was 15 minutes late this morning. Did I miss any good trailers before Fright Night? No Colin Farrell intro, no?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How come the Colin Farrell intro wasnt played and whats the deal about Mib or spiderman thought 1 of them were going to be shown

Aren't they both Sony so that footage would be tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

I'm not able to make either day but would be interested to hear peoples views of this event. How was it run? Was the lineup good? What was the age group like? Was it worth the money? Also curious what were the mystery screenings?

• Advertisement

no trailers before fright night and the mystery film was driver

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

livEwirE wrote: »
    I'm not able to make either day but would be interested to hear peoples views of this event. How was it run? Was the lineup good? What was the age group like? Was it worth the money? Also curious what were the mystery screenings?

The event was pretty well run, imo. Timing was good, didn't go over-time or anything. The presentations/intros weren't too bad.

The line-up today (Saturday) wasn't too shabby.
    Fright Night was brilliant. Great fun, David Tennant in particular was fantastic. No Colin Farrell intro though. :(

The Mystery movie was Drive, which was a bit disappointing, in my opinion. Very slow-paced. No atmosphere. Just blah.

The Change-up was a good bit of comic relief after the very bleak Drive. Predictable brain candy, but better than I expected.

THe trailers and exclusive footage was pretty good. Good mix of upcoming movies. THe Avengers teaser looked good. Don't think the Twilight teaser was as appreciated as the organisers thought though. :pac:

General age group was 18-30 average, from what I could see, but there were a few older folks about as well.

Over all, a good day and well worth the money. Will definitely do it again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The event was pretty well run, imo. Timing was good, didn't go over-time or anything. The presentations/intros weren't too bad.

The line-up today (Saturday) wasn't too shabby.
    Fright Night was brilliant. Great fun, David Tennant in particular was fantastic. No Colin Farrell intro though. :(

The Mystery movie was Drive, which was a bit disappointing, in my opinion. Very slow-paced. No atmosphere. Just blah.

The Change-up was a good bit of comic relief after the very bleak Drive. Predictable brain candy, but better than I expected.

THe trailers and exclusive footage was pretty good. Good mix of upcoming movies. THe Avengers teaser looked good. Don't think the Twilight teaser was as appreciated as the organisers thought though. :pac:

General age group was 18-30 average, from what I could see, but there were a few older folks about as well.

Over all, a good day and well worth the money. Will definitely do it again. :)

Just wondering what was seating like? Did you need to arrive early in order to get a seat or was it easy enough? I presume there were only a limited amount of tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

livEwirE wrote: »

Quickly, 'Fright Night' was superior to the original film, very good. The Surprise film was 'Drive,' pure trash cinema posing as high art, I loved it, but I can imagine loads of people hated it. I didn't like 'The Change-Up' much.

There were plenty of trailers and introductions, but what really interested was the snipets of films shown, namely for 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' 'Don't be afraid of the Dark' and 'Kill List,' along with 'Immortals' and maybe a few others, though I can't remember.

Everyone got a free bag of stuff to take home too; a DVD or soundtrack and other stuff. Overall I'd say it was worth it. I'd go again, if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just wondering what was seating like? Did you need to arrive early in order to get a seat or was it easy enough? I presume there were only a limited amount of tickets sold.

Almost sold out. I arrived at the last minute, there was seven tickets left and although it was nearly packed out, I was quite happy sitting at the very front as it was in screen 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Brilliant feedback lads, keep it coming, would like to hear about Sunday too!

I already had my tickets so only had to run up stairs and get the best seats

• Registered Users Posts: 43,744 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I heard fantastic things about 'Drive'..

really good film but very slow and the soundtrack was very good

Also any free t shirts from tommrow plz send them my way as thought I would have got on today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Also any free t shirts from tommrow plz send them my way as thought I would have got on today

Amazing Spiderman t-shirts will be up for grabs tomorrow for the the screening of the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

I thought Drive was amazing. Then again there was mixed reactions from the crowd I was with. Really is one of them love it or hate it type of films.

Can't wait for tomorrow now. Just hoping that Conan isn't the mystery film. Or FD5 :rolleyes: Literally anything would be better than those two.

I know but its sold out I didnt expect movie fest to put mib and spiderman on the same day

Aren't they both Sony so that footage would be tomorrow

So does this mean that both MIB and Amazing Spider-Man t-shirts tomorrow?? this sounding better and better.....

What was the footage from comic-con like?? and was the avengers teaser the same as one i've seen on the internet??

yeah and the aveages was nothing new

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Hi There,
    Quick note to say that The Colin Farrell intro is for the Total Recall footage and not for Fright Night, so is being shown tomorrow (Sunday) all going according to plan.

There will be Spider-Man t-shirts given out after the Sony footage. 100's of T-shirts arrived in today!
    No MIB stuff arrived in time unfortunately. Apologies if you're a big MIB fan :(

There are also recorded intros from Jesse Eisenberg before 30 Minutes Or Less and a cool John Favreau intro before Cowboys & Aliens.

Tomorrow is completely sold out, you can sit anywhere you like but its first come first served. Doors open at 10am.
    The credit card machines could have been quicker today, dot matrix speed! So my advice is, if you booked by credit card, get to the machine first thing!

Lots of good feedback today, we learnt a lot and will do a few things different next year, hopefully a lot bigger and better. We'll have more clout with studios next year which should lead to easier access to footage etc...

If you do have anything that you think can be improved on, send on a PM and we'll look into it. Thanks!

MovieFest wrote: »
    Hi There,
    Quick note to say that The Colin Farrell intro is for the Total Recall footage and not for Fright Night, so is being shown tomorrow (Sunday) all going according to plan.

There will be Spider-Man t-shirts given out after the Sony footage. 100's of T-shirts arrived in today!
    No MIB stuff arrived in time unfortunately. Apologies if you're a big MIB fan :(

There are also recorded intros from Jesse Eisenberg before 30 Minutes Or Less and a cool John Favreau intro before Cowboys & Aliens.

Tomorrow is completely sold out, you can sit anywhere you like but its first come first served. Doors open at 10am.
    The credit card machines could have been quicker today, dot matrix speed! So my advice is, if you booked by credit card, get to the machine first thing!

Lots of good feedback today, we learnt a lot and will do a few things different next year, hopefully a lot bigger and better. We'll have more clout with studios next year which should lead to easier access to footage etc...

If you do have anything that you think can be improved on, send on a PM and we'll look into it. Thanks!

So no MIB stuff at all :(

so this is going too be a yearly thing from now on?? great i know in advance so i can book it off work next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Since it was a success this year it seems and you would want to grow and expand, what about depending on content and stuff expanding it to the national convention centre? Have a whole day out of it, video games, movies, tv shows, comics

There is a demand in Ireland for a convention of this size,

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Sunday update - saw some footage for spiderman and total recall. The total recall stuff was very interesting, but one part made it look like Jason Bourne in the future.

30 seconds or less was fun, but not fantastic. Not a waste of time by any means, but we have seen it all before.

Looks like final destination 5 is the second surprise movie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mystery movie was Final Destination 5 as expected. Good fun.

30 Seconds on the other hand was mediocrity personified. Utter trash. Every punchline followed by an explanation just in case you didn't get the painfully obvious joke. Simply dreadful.

Advertisement