Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Movie Fest - New Cinema Event for Dublin

• 29-07-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Just wanted to highlight a new cinema event that will bring footage from San Diego's Comic Con to Cineworld in August. Hope it doesn't sound too much like an advert, thought it might be of interest to some people in this forum.

MOVIE FEST is a new Irish cinema event that will showcase exclusive previews and never before seen footage from some of the hottest upcoming Hollywood movies plus audience members will get to see full screenings of highly anticipated movies not due for release until late 2011.

The first ever Movie Fest will take place at Cineworld Cinemas in Dublin on August 13th & 14th. Each day has a packed programme starting at 10.30am and running to 6.00pm

ADVANCE PREVIEW SCREENINGS ON SATURDAY 13th
    FRIGHT NIGHT - The new movie starring Colin Farrell & David Tennant.
    THE CHANGE-UP - The latest film from the writers of The Hangover, starring Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman.

ADVANCE PREVIEW SCREENINGS ON SUNDAY 14th
    COWBOYS & ALIENS - starring Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig,
    30 MINUTES OR LESS - The latest film from the director of Zombieland, starring Jesse Eisenberg from The Social Network.

Both days will feature presentations with exclusive footage and trailers on view, including 3D footage from the highly anticipated 'The Amazing Spider-Man', and a five minute clip from the new 'Total Recall'. With lots more to be announced.

Plus there's a surprise or two in store including specially recorded greetings from some A-list filmmakers and actors.

Movie Fest takes place at Cineworld Cinemas, Parnell Centre, Dublin on August 13th and 14th, the full schedule can be seen on http://www.movies.ie/fest or for updates check out http://www.Facebook.com/Moviesireland

Tickets for both days are on sale from http://www.cineworld.ie (under advance booking) or from Cineworld's box office.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thread reopened as we think it might be of interest to some of y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Sounds class love to make trip up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

ADVANCE PREVIEW SCREENINGS ON SUNDAY 14th
    COWBOYS & ALIENS - starring Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig,
    30 MINUTES OR LESS - The latest film from the director of Zombieland, starring Jesse Eisenberg from The Social Network.

Is this out then cant wait to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Will the unlimited cards work for these movies? Really wanna see Fright Night!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Any word yet if David Tennent/Colin Farrell will be there for a Q&A session

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does anyone know what this actually entails? It seems to start at 10:30, so do they just show loads of footage in one of the screens and then the two preview shows? Or is there sections of Cineworld you go to, to see the various parts you're interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

About time we had something like comic-con over here. I'm going to book tickets for 'Fright Night'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good to see two mystery showings added to the bill, always a promising prospect (although often crushingly disappointing :P). Will probably head to the Sunday screenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

MYSTERY SCREENING - ONE
    We will be showing a highly anticipated movie - not yet in Irish cinemas. This surprise film is tipped for Oscars and is set to be one of the best movies of 2011. Don't Miss it.

Midnight in Paris?
    MYSTERY SCREENING - TWO
    Another mystery screening - this movie has one of the most exciting trailers we've seen this year and looks set to be a roller-coaster ride from start to finish.

Contagion?

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Skinfull wrote: »
    Will the unlimited cards work for these movies?

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Mystery Screening 1 - The Tree Of Life?

I assume there will be plenty of room in the cinemas to see everything, I don't want to pay for a day ticket and not be able to get into a screening/preview because there are too many people:eek:

One other thing...Should I wear my Jar Jar Binks outfit:P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,744 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am 98% sure the Unlimited Cards won't work..

.. you need to buy a day ticket at €22.50 each (or €45 if you want to go both days obviously).

livEwirE wrote: »
    Mystery Screening 1 - The Tree Of Life?

That's already been out in the cinema for weeks!

Seems a bit random to have a sensible Oscar winner on in an event primarily aimed at geeks (in the nicest possible way). Can't imagine the audience for Fright Night would be the same as Midnight in Paris. Interested to hear what it is, Saturday sounds like a more interesting 'mystery' screening by the blurb than the Sunday one.

Have tickets for Sunday anyway, can't say I'm particularly optimistic for the screenings but hey should be a lark :)

sure fook it, i'm going to head along :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Hey,
    Apologies for the delay replying.

As you spotted, 2 mystery screenings have been added to each day, making it six full screenings over the weekend, mixed in with the preview footage and trailers.

The whole event is running in Screen 17 in Cineworld, we're not over-selling the seats in the cinema. So if you buy a ticket you're guaranteed to get in to every movie.

SATURDAY - AUGUST 13th
    Fright Night
    The Change-Up
    Mystery Screening #1
    Comic-Con Footage & Trailers - Part 1

SUNDAY - AUGUST 14th
    30 Minutes Or Less
    Cowboys & Aliens
    Mystery Screening #2
    Comic-Con Footage & Trailers - Part 2

Tickets for each day costs €22.50 and that gets you into all three movie screenings and into the comic-con footage + trailers. Doors open at 10am and the first movie starts around 10.30am. Each day's programme runs to 6.30pm approx.

Will list more of the confirmed comic-con footage on the Fest site over the next few days. Still going through red tape on some of the footage.

Hope this helps.

PS - none of the guesses for the mystery movies are correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Do you have to be eighteen+ to attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I dont know because i am 16 and am def going but I think u need someone older

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Is Mystery Screening #2 super 8 or final Destination 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Is Mystery Screening #2 super 8 or final Destination 5

Super 8 is out today so it wont be much of a pull a week later. FD5 though might be bang on.

Can you buy single movie tickets? I cant commit to a full day in cineworld that weekend. Normally I'd be living in there anyway and it wouldn't be an issue. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So is everything just going to be shown in the one screen and people are in there for the day?

Will there be an actual programme/timetable release for the day?

Can we leave the cinema and return at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

So is everything just going to be shown in the one screen and people are in there for the day?

Will there be an actual programme/timetable release for the day?

Can we leave the cinema and return at all?
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Hi There,
    You'll be given a wristband when you arrive and you're welcome to come and go as you please and regain entry, once you keep your wristband on.

There will be breaks scheduled after each movie and after the studio presentations.

The day will be roughly broken into four blocks.
    Opening Movie
    Preview Footage presentations
    Mystery Movie
    Closing Movie

Exact times will be given out, hopefully mid next week. We're still getting new preview footage confirmed from comic-con and also footage that didn't make comic-con, making it tough to tie the schedule down.

Tickets aren't available for each separate movie.
    Just a day ticket, which costs €22.50 and covers three full movie screenings, the preview footage presentations and some goodies (the Spiderman presentation comes with a very cool T-shirt).

You can of course decide to arrive late in the day or skip any of the three movies if you so wished.

We probably should do an FAQ with all this info. I'll try get it up on http://www.Movies.ie/Fest over the weekend.

Hope the above info helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Got my ticket for this yesterday, heading along on the Sunday, dying to know what the mystery films are.
    Should be a good day/weekend for those going.

Got my ticket for saturday, going to rewatch Fright Night tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm going both days :D

The Sunday mystery movie might be Conan!

And yay for freebies!

And yay for freebies!

were did you hear that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

were did you hear that ?

From my boyfriend who invited me :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

And yay for freebies!

My boyfriend and I thought the ame.

Or maybe somethineg random like the Inbetweeners Movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Got my ticket for Saturday.

According to the side the mystery screening is meant to be "tipped for Oscars", and I've heard some suggestions that Sunday's show could be Final Destination 5 ("...a rollercoaster from start to finish") :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭event

Got my ticket for Saturday.

According to the side the mystery screening is meant to be "tipped for Oscars", and I've heard some suggestions that Sunday's show could be Final Destination 5 ("...a rollercoaster from start to finish") :pac:

oh jesus no

Advertisement