Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options
  • 16-08-2012 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

So, you may have noticed that all other accomodation related threads in the forum ahve been locked. This is because, around this time every year, there is a disproportionate number of threads about accomodation, and it drowns everything out, while all being something that could do with being in one thread (and often all being the same people).

So, this is that thread. If you're looking for accomodation, looking for someone to accomodate with, have questions about accomodation, etc, put it here. Other threads will be locked/deleted/merged.

I haven't merged other threads in here because it would be a confusing mess, and I didn't post a link to this in every thread because, well, I'm lazy. Play nice, and good luck finding somewhere to live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

What is the procudure for booking on campus accomodation once the CAO offers come out on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 xRosiiex

I'm number 760 on the wait list does anyone know what my chances are of getting a place on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sean_Ch

Hey,
    2nd year science student looking for a room somewhere close to the college..looking for housemates that are up for the bit of banter but not too mad because have to get a bit done this year! If anyone has a spare room going i'd appreciate a PM.
    Cheers, Sean.

xRosiiex wrote: »
    I'm number 760 on the wait list does anyone know what my chances are of getting a place on campus?

You've nothing to worry about. There's ~750 places to give out, but loads of people ahead of you won't be going to UCD for one reason or another. I've heard of people in the 2000s getting a place in previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

I am number 137 on waitlist. I am a postgraduate student. What are my chances of getting a room before the term begins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Corrinagh

Hi I'm Corrinagh,
    I'm a first year Engineering student looking for a house share/room.
    I will probably not get on campus accommodation.
    If anybody is interested PM me!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Corrinagh

gwakamoley wrote: »
    What is the procudure for booking on campus accomodation once the CAO offers come out on Monday?

Offers go out 24th via email to your UCDConnect email address (which you'll get when you accept your place). Have 24hrs to accept, and then it's withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭paddykell

Hi everyone,

I'm starting in UCD in September to do Arts, but on campus accomodation is just too much for me. I'm looking for a single room less than €350 a month around the UCD area - I don't mind a place that requires a bus journey to get there. If anyone knows of anything going, please PM me, as I'm getting a bit panicky about this accomodation lark!

Patrick

Corrinagh wrote: »
    Offers go out 24th via email to your UCDConnect email address (which you'll get when you accept your place). Have 24hrs to accept, and then it's withdrawn.

Thanks Corrinagh. I'll be going into first year Engineering next month as well. Good luck getting accommodation and see you in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bzzchj

Hi, this is william from shanghai China. I am looking for a room with in walking distance near UCD.I am the first year CS students The price is ideally less than 350euro a month, the 400 euro will be limit. Welcome to PM me if anyone has any interests. Also, I would love to team up some first year students in this thread to rent a house together near UCD. So, PM me as well if any one has any interests. THx..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Hey, I'll be studying Actuarial Science come September and am looking for advice as to what the best thing to do regarding accommodation, have looked into a few places off campus as I am fairly certain I won't get anything on campus but not sure where to look! Also I am aware that those accepted into the Ad Astra academy get half their on campus accommodation covered but are there any payments for off campus? Thanks for any public/private replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 silleekitee

Hey guys,

Im looking for people going into first year in UCD to share a house with! Anyone who's friendly and easy going pm me and we can start a search :)

Kate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

hey can anyone please give me a comparison of roebuck and merville? if i get offered a place in UCD on monday and i accept, what then do i have to do to ensure they know i want to stay in residence ? ( i am already on the waiting list)

thanks a million!

hey guys, does anyone know which residences provide catering exactly? if there are more than one, can someone give me pros and cons of both? thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

IslandKid wrote: »
    hey can anyone please give me a comparison of roebuck and merville? if i get offered a place in UCD on monday and i accept, what then do i have to do to ensure they know i want to stay in residence ? ( i am already on the waiting list)

thanks a million!

Roebuck has en-suites - like Glenomena but more expensive than Glenomena. Merville has shared toilets.

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/residences/

is that the only residence that does?

Muckross Halls is catered but not located within the UCD campus.

actually, can anyone tell me what roebuck castle is like for accomodation? an in depth review anyone? thanks

actually, can anyone tell me what roebuck castle is like for accomodation? an in depth review anyone? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Merville or Belgrove better for first year, doing veterinary???

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Glitter_star94

K_1 wrote: »
    Merville or Belgrove better for first year, doing veterinary???

I've heard that the veterinary building is slightly far from them all and that there isn't much difference.
    Would i be able to ask you what points you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Maldesu wrote: »

Yes it would be. Closer but more run-down and dilapidated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

I think I'll go for merville if it seems to be a bit better.
    I've heard that the veterinary building is slightly far from them all and that there isn't much difference.
    Would i be able to ask you what points you got?

Got 605.

I'd put them in this order:

Glenomena/roebuck
    Merville
    Belgrove

• Registered Users Posts: 12 letsfaceit99

Hi everyone,

I'm starting in UCD in September to do Science, but on campus accomodation is just too much for me. I'm looking for a single or double room less than €350 a month around the UCD area - I don't mind a place that requires a bus journey to get there. If anyone knows of anything going, please PM me or just reply. Thank you very much
    Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Which on campus accommodation would you recommend for an incoming first year?... and why would you choose it before the others.

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Which on campus accommodation would you recommend for an incoming first year?... and why would you choose it before the others.

Do you want your own toilet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

I'm not too pushed really. For my first year I'd just like to be close to the action and with other 1st years. After that everything is a bonus

Advertisement